Clearing help please!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ will do thanks! x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    You don't 'accept' the informal offer... when you add it on track that's you accepting it. But, you're allowed to phone as many uni's as you want, you're just only allowed to add one choice. I read out my results to them and they didn't ask for my GCSE results...
    some unis found out my results via my clearing number but remember that computer systems will always fail ha
    Cheeers! Haha, yeah stupid computers >_<
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'm posting here because, I would like to have some advice, I applied online for a place through clearing at Goldsmith College, a couple of weeks ago. A few days after, I received a mail from them, telling me that I should send an application through ucas and today I received another mail from them a personal statement and the grade I've gotten from the Baccalaureat. My question is, should I send the personal statement and my grade or through ucas? By the way, I haven't sent any application to university.

Thanks for your help
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarouchka94)
    Hello

I'm posting here because, I would like to have some advice, I applied online for a place through clearing at Goldsmith College, a couple of weeks ago. A few days after, I received a mail from them, telling me that I should send an application through ucas and today I received another mail from them a personal statement and the grade I've gotten from the Baccalaureat. My question is, should I send the personal statement and my grade or through ucas? By the way, I haven't sent any application to university.

Thanks for your help
    I'd suggest doing both - send it direct to Goldsmiths so they've got it ASAP but try adding it through UCAS too so that it's on the system electronically (and not just in someone's email account)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is a clearing number?
    And how do I get one??
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethkj)
    What is a clearing number?
    And how do I get one??
    If you apply through UCAS then once you are entered into Clearing your clearing number will show on UCAS Track.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok Thank you, both for your advice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I just wanted to give you some update, I send my personal statement and grades this morning and Goldsmith answered me, they told me everything would be forwarded to the admissions officer for consideration. So I guess it's fine.
    But now, I have another question, I would like to apply through ucas, I filled everything but there isn't a section concerning reference and I don't know why. Did something similar happen to someone? Also, I would like to know if it's possible to send an application without reference? And I have one last question, in the choice section, it is said that I can't add a choice since clearing has begun, so what happen, then? I call the university, I give them my clearing number and that's it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    By the way, the reason why I wasn't too keen on sending my personal statement through ucas for goldsmiths is because I'm applying for a degree in media and modern literature while for other universities I'm applying for a degree in journalism. So the personal statement I made for goldsmiths is a bit different from the one I made for the other.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    16th

results

no offer

in clearing

call university hotlines and/or departments

tell them grades

they can see your UCAS

they may ask additional questions

they may ask for an additional simple PS

if they refuse then repeat with another university

one accepts

they make you an offer

you accept verbally

you enter this in ucas

they then confirm in ucas
    haha you deserve 20 likes

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 9, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.