The Student Room Group

NHS Bursary and London

I was just wondering what peoples views were on surviving on just the nhs bursary in London?

It's it possible?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by matt4504
I was just wondering what peoples views were on surviving on just the nhs bursary in London?

It's it possible?

Your bursary will be larger than for those living outside of London, and you are entitled to a non-income assessed student loan from Student Finance of £3263, which again is more than people studying outside of London.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Your bursary will be larger than for those living outside of London, and you are entitled to a non-income assessed student loan from Student Finance of £3263, which again is more than people studying outside of London.

Hey,

Yeah I know the figures I was just asking for people's opinions really :smile:

Reply 3
I have a friend that moved from London to Worcester because he could not afford to live in London, I havn't lived in London in 20 years but I would not consider it on a nursing bursary. As it is a cheap flat in a horrid area in the midlands still means I have to work and study to so I can pay the bills.

i'm sure if you have support from family, some money already and/or work you can do it.

This is just my view, but i would rather go to a good school outside of London and work less then play & Study more.

I love London but can never see myself living there again even if I won the lotto.

Quick Reply

Latest