The Student Room Group

Advice on Access to Medicine course at Lambeth College

Dear all,

Some weeks ago, after a long holiday in Corfu a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to be a GP. Upon my return, I applied to Lambeth College to do the access to medicine course, not really knowing what it entailed. A couple of days ago, I got a letter inviting me to attend the open enrolment days.

I have 10 GCSES from A-C and an A-Level in English Language and Literature. I have no real 'working' medical experience but have spent possibly 40% of my life in and out of hospitals and feel like that in itself gives me a unique perspective.

In the coming days, I am due to have a hip replacement (I'm 25!!) and the preferred recovery rate is 6-8 weeks, as I am sure most of you reading this will know! I will be cutting this short and my recovery will be 4 weeks up to the open enrolment days and the start of the term, should I get in.

Do you think I should attend the open enrolment days, even though I have no real 'working' medical experience or should I just forget about it? I'm working myself up into a bit of a state about the course, whether I should be doing a UKCAT and applying for universities and don't really know if I should be, as I probably won't even get on the course!

Your comments and advice, would be most welcomed.

Thank you.
I really think you should go to the open day because there you can find out more information about what the college has to offer and you can get some quality advice from some of the staff there about aspiration etc.
Reply 2
Due to you being in and out of hospital so many times. Are you medically fit to practice medicine? You should inquire that answer from your GP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending