The Student Room Group

Which country do you think has the worst quality of TV shows?

Hello!
I know this thread seems really random, but I have been wondering this for a while.

Which country has the worst quality of television/TV shows?

I have visited quite a lot of countries and I do watch a bit of TV. I think British TV is quite good, we have a lot of good TV Series and our cameras seem to be a good quality too (I should say, the picture quality is really good and they are well shot.) However on my travels I've seen American TV which is good too, but has ridiculous amount of adverts and commercials, Turkish TV which seems to consist of nothing but gameshows and singing programmes, French TV which doesn't look too bad if only I could understand it all, and so on...

So what do you think? Do you like your country's TV? Have you been anywhere where it's not been so good?
Reply 1
Muslim countries
Reply 2
Bhutan.
The country with the worst T.V. that I have been to is Cyprus. Although some Arabic channels that I have seen are truly dreadful.

We have a huge range of quality though, how differently would a foreigner view our T.V. if s/he put on ITV2 to find 'The Only Way Is Essex' rather than 'Antarctica' on BBC HD whilst on a holiday here? :biggrin:
Reply 4
US.
I would say Zimbabwe because when you consider their economic and working condition, their version of Only fools and horses is just too ironic.
Original post by Rtcw
US.

Thats just not true is it? They've got some **** shows for sure but a lot of great ones aswell.

The Wire
The Sopranos
How I met your mother
The big bang theory
Rules of engagement
Friends

Are just a few that spring to mind.
Well, the UK and USA have a real range- the TV shows either tends to be really good or dire :')

I went to Australia for five weeks and there was literally nothing good on to watch, but maybe I just didn't look hard enough.
Reply 8
Probably North korea
Reply 9
Some African television is just dire, if you have ever watched OBE on Sky you'll know what I'm on about.
I would say the US but they do have some really good shows to make up for it so I don't know
Reply 11
North Korea or Afghanistan.

Its either state news or Under 7's Playtime hour on Taliban TV
You can hate or love the USA if you want, generally they make very high quality TV shows. My wife is from the Philippines and I'm stocked watching shows from the Philippines almost everyday. I have one word to describe Filipino TV in general: MEDIOCRE! It's obvious that they are brainwashing people to make them accepting mediocrity and ugliness. Everything suck in those shows. Everything. We have the impression they do on purpose to create the word quality they can and the result is absolutely disgusting. I just want to put my hands in front of my eyes it I see it. The actors are terribly bad and sound like a bunch of retards. It's immature, stupid, gross. They always show some ugly transvestites and ugly fat kids. Everybody speak over everybody. They are using the same goddamn sound effects since decades and it seams that I'm the single person whose fed up to hear them ( some small silly laughs, some DIINGG!! DOONNGGG, star sounds etc they're driving me nuts). The light effects are purely random, cameras are all crocked and never show the right things. The sound quality is terrible. They're always using famous songs from the US or elsewhere. The image quality is ugly. The resolution is low and looks to be from the 80's, 90's. They're showing ugly things that nobody needs to seeThe Filipino TV is not original at all and very primitive. They are racist and very superficial. In the Filipino culture, you must to have a light tone skin and a sharp nose to be famous. Otherwise you are a shame. Basically we really must to have an IQ under 80 like most Filipinos to like those shows. If you don't believe me, just go on Youtube and search for: Filipino shows.
Reply 13
India. They have these type of shows called 'Mega teledrama' which each of them usually run for like 700-800 episodes. Good ****in lord they're boring as hell and an insult to the audience's taste of art.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 14
probably the asians
Original post by Swanbow
Some African television is just dire, if you have ever watched OBE on Sky you'll know what I'm on about.

Lol yeah a lot of African dramas are overly dramatic but theres some really funny ones too.
Original post by Ambry
Hello!
I know this thread seems really random, but I have been wondering this for a while.

Which country has the worst quality of television/TV shows?

I have visited quite a lot of countries and I do watch a bit of TV. I think British TV is quite good, we have a lot of good TV Series and our cameras seem to be a good quality too (I should say, the picture quality is really good and they are well shot.) However on my travels I've seen American TV which is good too, but has ridiculous amount of adverts and commercials, Turkish TV which seems to consist of nothing but gameshows and singing programmes, French TV which doesn't look too bad if only I could understand it all, and so on...

So what do you think? Do you like your country's TV? Have you been anywhere where it's not been so good?

India has it worst like over dressing, same stories of every drama, over repeated scene
I don't know why is India considered to be the best country in drama industry

Latest