Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Must haves..etc for University?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lost some weight, down from XL to Medium and need a ton new clothes as all my other ones are wayy to big.. Have £200 to spend.

This is what I've bought so far..

http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product...ist=Dept,brand

in White, Black, Red & Navy Blue.

Also a couple hoodies..
    http://www.republic.co.uk/brands/men...hoody-53334/?#
    http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...ents=category~[207227|207226]&noOfRefinements=1

What else would I need for university? What do you all wear casually?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd just buy more of what you have already bought- you can never go wrong with jeans and hoodies.
    Buy a few nice shirts for going out etc but you're off to a good start Well done for loosing so much weight too, it sounds like you've done really well!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Jeans sound good. How about some V-neck cut tshirts? I think they do look quite nice on guys.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well done on the size drop! Just buy things you feel comfortable in. A few t-shirts, a few pairs of jeans, some hoodies and a coat or jacket. I'm guessing that's what the standard stduent would be wearing at uni..
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into my second year at uni so I'm basing this on what I wear and my male friends' equivalents!
    Trousers-wise I'd get a couple of pairs of comfy jeans and some trackys for those days when you don't have any lectures and you're just working in your room.
    Jacket/coat for winter - if you can carry it off I still quite like military style jackets, say perhaps in grey wool, maybe a blazer as well if you can afford it
    Hoodies - what you've got looks good, if you want any more maybe something in a brighter colour. Although, if you join societies when you get to uni there's a high chance that they'll have some stash!
    Tops - I'd invest in a few shirts, both smart and casual if possible for those smarter occasions/going out. Also some plain tops which fit well so similar to what you've got, just maybe some slightly different styles/colours. In my opinion the tops which show half a guys chest almost always look a bit silly, they look great on a few people but are better left alone by many
    Suit? I have no idea if you need a suit or not - it probably depends what uni you're at.

This probably seems like quite a long list to get for £200, so if I were you I'd have a look on ebay - I always filter things to my size and new and then list them by 'price and P+P, lowest first' which always brings up some bargains in the ladies' so I imagine it would in the mens' too - hope that helps a bit, if you want any more guidance just quote me

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 5, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.