The Student Room Group

Shafilea Ahmed's parents found GUILTY of her killing

Scroll to see replies

Good. Bastards. Hopefully it will send a message to those in the Asian community who could be capable of doing something like this.
Original post by Straight up G
Good. Bastards. Hopefully it will send a message to those in the Asian community who could be capable of doing something like this.

I am quite taken aback by the news but I am so glad that justice has finally been served.

And this might sound bad, but it is a blessing in disguise, as it gives the other kids an opportunity to change their lives for the better without their dad getting in the way of that.
Anyway RIP Shafilea Ahmed...
Reply 4
How did she bring shame on their family, by running away?
Though this is still very extreme in the western world and I'm glad they're getting sent away.
Worst thing is, the father suffocated the girl in front of their other children :frown:
Good to hear, the very idea of honour killings is barbaric.
[QUOTE=Denacio;38814180]How did she bring shame on their family, by running away?
Though this is still very extreme in the western world and I'm glad they're getting sent away.
Worst thing is, the father suffocated the girl in front of their other children :frown:

By being too "Westernised"...

Which is ridiculous because they chose to raise her in a Western country.
Reply 7
Original post by Dee Leigh

Well they were islamic which means they have to abide by certain rules. Still, nothing she done could have been bad enough to have warranted death :/
Original post by Denacio
Well they were islamic which means they have to abide by certain rules. Still, nothing she done could have been bad enough to have warranted death :/

Ok...

But there are no excuses. You don't just move to a country without realising what you are getting into. Her parents clearly don't belong here.
Reply 9

or indeed, any other community
Sounds like the mother squealed to try and save herself. As the girls testimony (the same testimony which came out after she tried to rob her parents, tie her parents and terrorize her parents) was seemingly going to be enough for conviction.

I guess, we'll never know what truly happened.

Original post by Dee Leigh

Some people didn't choose. For example, some people only went to a western country to escape persecution from the tyrants in their own country. I mean, it's not exactly too long ago, when people would escape the persecution in the west, by migrating to the east, it happens.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Their actions are simply disgusting. I cannot believe that parents would do such a thing to their own child.
Original post by Perseveranze
Sounds like the mother squealed to try and save herself. As the girls testimony (the same testimony which came out after she tried to rob her parents, tie her parents and terrorize her parents) was seemingly going to be enough for conviction.

Some people didn't choose. For example, some people only went to a western country to escape persecution from the tyrants in their own country. I mean, it's not exactly too long ago, when people would escape the persecution in the west, by migrating to the east, it happens.

But they chose to impose their barbaric ways, which is a bit hypocritical.
Reply 13
what a lovely culture / religion islam is
Reply 14

Your whole post just screams how insecure you are.
Reply 15
Original post by Azaro
what a lovely culture / religion islam is

1. Islam is a religion.

2. The disgusting actions of these parents are not based on Islamic teachings because Islam does not order parents to murder their own children in 'fear of bringing shame to the family', or for dressing 'in a Western manner' or for refusing an arranged marriage for that matter.

3. If their actions were based on Islam, which I highly doubt, it is due to their complete misinterpretation of its teachings because Islam condemns such actions. No question about that.

4. The cause of their actions, alongside ignorance, is a strong, unhealthy attachment to their cultural traditions and mentalities.

5. If Muslims followed more of their religion than their culture, then I guess such misconceptions would be cleared.

? Muslim community?
Reply 17
Original post by Maryam A
1. Islam is a religion.

2. The disgusting actions of these parents are not based on Islamic teachings because Islam does not order parents to murder their own children in 'fear of bringing shame to the family', or for dressing 'in a Western manner' or for refusing an arranged marriage for that matter.

3. If their actions were based on Islam, which I highly doubt, it is due to their complete misinterpretation of its teachings because Islam condemns such actions. No question about that.

4. The cause of their actions, alongside ignorance, is a strong, unhealthy attachment to their cultural traditions and mentalities.

5. If Muslims followed more of their religion than their culture, then I guess such misconceptions would be cleared.

post this in the " why is islam so misunderstood" thread, i suggest.
Reply 18

To add my first response to you post, what you wrote just proves to anybody that you cannot accept facts when they are placed in front of you. You have a totally biased mind which is in a deep deep state of denial
I simply don't understand how anyone can bring themselves to kill their own flesh and blood. I hope they rot in jail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending