Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

the day you passed your test

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you still remember what you did the day you passed your driving test? I think it's defo an important milestone in your life, I remember being so excited to go and pick my mates up and go cruising
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so maybe the day you passed your driving test wasn't such a memorable occasion for everyone else. I can remeber exactly where I went and who was in the car!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember much about it at all.
    I vaguely recall the waiting area, the car I was driving and some of the journey home but that's it. Can't recall what I did before or after.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Went shopping to buy my instructor a gift.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I remember passing mine, the bloody car had failed its MOT the day before so I had to wait for it to be fixed before I could drive it!

Once it was sorted, the insurance had agreed to cover me from 8.30 the following morning. That was a frustrating evening before, and I didn't sleep much the night before. I sat there waiting and watching the clock, and went out in it as soon as I could!

I had school that day, but I skipped most of my classes to go out and drive with my 2 best mates in the car.

I won't be forgetting that day any time soon
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Went home. Was home alone. Texted my dad to let him know I passed as he kept hounding me before my test to make sure I pass :p:.....put on the tv and turned the channel to MTV where Avril Lavigne's song was playing and was rather pleased with myself. Good day it was, indeed :yes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I went to school after. I didn't really think much of it at the time but looking back failing it would have been really annoying.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Went straight out to buy Autotrader!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobie123)
    Do you still remember what you did the day you passed your driving test? I think it's defo an important milestone in your life, I remember being so excited to go and pick my mates up and go cruising

(Original post by tobie123)
    so maybe the day you passed your driving test wasn't such a memorable occasion for everyone else. I can remeber exactly where I went and who was in the car!
    Walked home as my folks were out of town, went through the autotrader and looked for cars. Good day though as I was super excited.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefunktopus69)
    Went straight out to buy Autotrader!
    ditto
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Told my mum I passed, she didn't believe me. Went to college and my gf bought chocolates for the whole class
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember my hands shaking. Shaking a lot. I don't know why I was so stunned I had passed. :laugh:

I went home and organised the insurance for my car! Not very exciting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's been a year and a half and I still can't get insured :s
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ LOL

When i passed i was so happy that i told my instructor to keep the change (about £6). Spent the whole day checking insurance quotes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mum was more nervous about my driving test then I was. I remember phoning home and speaking to my dad, he told mum I'd passed and then replied 'your mother has just swallowed her cigarette'
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got stopped by the police who said I was showing up as a provisional driver on their database. Had to go down the station and show my pass certificate (driving license took about a week to get delivered to me).

Got stopped again about week later saying that no insurance was showing up on their database... I was near home so told them I'd show them all the paperwork and they could ring up the insurance company to ask (I had insurance).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    After the examiner told me I passed, I told him that I was going to buy shoes.
    I still don't understand why...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Made a few phone calls. thanked my instructor, rang family. ripped off my L plates
    posted on fb i passed drove to the next town ( bruce spingsteen playing ) to complete paperwork and send in for my licence. I think i went shopping and treated myself. also had to run some errands. came home giddy as hell I pass was on a high for about a week

I also rang my insurance company and they brought down the price for me !

When I rang my mother she sounded like she expected me to fail which i wasn't pleased about it took her a few seconds to register then she screamed so much my ear felt sore. My brother and my instructor on the otherhand knew i could do it and had confidence in me
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I still await this day...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 15, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.