The Student Room Group

How do people get into relationships?

Just curious?

what if no one finds you attractive?( by "one" i mean someone you also find attractive.)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ive seen fat ugly kids in a relationship, ive seen disabled people in a relationship, ive seen people that have no arms and legs in a relationship, ive seen people that have major disabilities in a relationship.. What was your question again?
There is somebody for everyone nobody is ugly somebody who one person may find unattractive c0ould be drop dead gorgous for another
Reply 3
How?
You have a personality (can't stress this enough).
You meet someone with a personality.
Your personalities match.
You click.
You both decide that spending time in the other's company isn't so bad.
Oh look, you're in a relationship.
Original post by JGMycroft
How?
You have a personality (can't stress this enough).
You meet someone with a personality.
Your personalities match.
You click.
You both decide that spending time in the other's company isn't so bad.
Oh look, you're in a relationship.

are looks an issue.
nobody seems to find me attrative :s-smilie:
Original post by SillyMilly
There is somebody for everyone nobody is ugly somebody who one person may find unattractive c0ould be drop dead gorgous for another

Original post by *Thedreaming*

what?
Original post by SillyMilly
what?

i mostly like conventionally attractive people
Reply 8
are looks an issue.
nobody seems to find me attrative :s-smilie:

I think it sounds more like you have a self-esteem issue or you're insanely shy and need to meet new people. You also sound really young... young enough to not have to care about being in a relationship and should concentrate on experiencing what life has to offer instead.
Looks might be important at first but it's your confidence, personality, and character that will ultimately put you in a long and meaningful relationship. Looks fade, your experiences and what you make of life doesn't.
i mostly like conventionally attractive people

which differs per person
Just curious?

confidence
Original post by JGMycroft
I think it sounds more like you have a self-esteem issue or you're insanely shy and need to meet new people. You also sound really young... young enough to not have to care about being in a relationship and should concentrate on experiencing what life has to offer instead.
Looks might be important at first but it's your confidence, personality, and character that will ultimately put you in a long and meaningful relationship. Looks fade, your experiences and what you make of life doesn't.

I'm 20
i didn't give a shizz about relationships when i was younger....i actually thought nobody would want me with general comments people gave to me.
I often wonder the same thing. I'm getting on a bit now and my 'interest' in women was very low up until about a year ago. Now I wonder what it'd be like with a companion in life - I'm happy enough on my own until the right one comes along, however I'm not gonna be in a relationship for the sake of it if you understand my meaning.
Reply 13
Well, I am not attractive at all and I have had a couple of relationships in the past. Apparently it is to do with personality as some people will put that above looks.

What works for me is putting all self conciseness to one side and just talking to people. It makes the world of difference if you can have a "normal" conversation with a girl. Chat away, find a common interest, work on that, and go from there. Well, that is how I got my last (and first long term) girlfriend anyway!

The fact she turned out to be completely mental is a different story, but it is all experience. If a girl came up to me who I didn't immediately think was attractive and made an effort to engage in conversation, I would say that is more important than the initial first impression.

Good luck, not all guys are as shallow as some people think :smile:
Everyone is attractive to someone.
Reply 15
Well in my last case, I met a boy. We started talking. We talked for months, tension building. We had our first kiss, fell of the chair and his friend comes walking in and says " So are you two FINALLY together now?" We look at each other questioningly boy says "Are we?" I say "I suppose so" and that was the beginning of a beautiful 3 year relationship hahaha. I remember those days very fondly :biggrin:
Reply 16
It just kind of...happens :dontknow: You can meet through friends or randomly, and then you get talking, exchange numbers, maybe go on a date, have the first kiss and then he (or you) asks you out (or you ask him out) and there we go - a relationship! :tongue:
You can't make it happen. It might be another 5 years before you have a relationship, or you might meet someone tomorrow. In my experience though it is very rare to find someone with whom you have a really good connection with as well as physical attraction - but that doesn't mean it's never going to happen.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
You can't make it happen. It might be another 5 years before you have a relationship, or you might meet someone tomorrow. In my experience though it is very rare to find someone with whom you have a really good connection with as well as physical attraction - but that doesn't mean it's never going to happen.

i'll take that as never going to happen
Reply 19
i'll take that as never going to happen

I hope not! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending