The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hy guys,

Sorry to change the subject a little bit... But does any one have an idea how strictly the rules are enforced re people staying overnight at on campus rooms? Has anyone ever had some problems?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
Original post by zahg
Hy guys,

Sorry to change the subject a little bit... But does any one have an idea how strictly the rules are enforced re people staying overnight at on campus rooms? Has anyone ever had some problems?

From what I've read, you have to fill out a form or let them know that you will be having someone stay over but as long as you don't cause any trouble/noise, there won't be any problems.
Reply 22
Hey nataliapap,

We won't be in the same flat. I have a room in the second floor.
Reply 23
Original post by Francium
From what I've read, you have to fill out a form or let them know that you will be having someone stay over but as long as you don't cause any trouble/noise, there won't be any problems.

Thanks for the reply :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by nataliapap
Hey :smile:

I recently accepted my offer for accommodation at Union Court. I'll be at the 3rd floor as I am going to be a postgraduate student. @nicoli and @c.fly tell me more details about your room!! Maybe we'll be at the same flat!

3rd floor flat with 8 rooms. :smile:
Original post by c.fly

How long did it take for you to receive your email confirming you've registered for a warwick accomodation account? I still haven't got mine after 2 hours... :|
Reply 26
Original post by Rasool
It is. A lot better, in fact!

Disagree, haha. It depends on where you are in Leam. I really prefer Coventry to south Leam, and I wouldn't want to live in north Leam as a student. Too expensive. You get loads more for your money in Cov, and also the area I'm living is way safer than south Leam.
Reply 27
Original post by zahg
Hy guys,

It depends who your tutor is. In first year, I had my boyfriend stay over loads and nobody cared. I only ever told my tutor when a non-uni friend came to stay, and she never mentioned it. Tbf we never saw her so that might be why. In third year, I lived in the tutor flat and was told I wasn't allowed my boyfriend to stay over more than twice a week. It kind of sucked. I didn't really get on well with that tutor either which didn't help.
Reply 28
How do people know their accommodation already? :s-smilie:

I was told I had to wait till September?
Reply 29
Original post by Femto
How do people know their accommodation already? :s-smilie:

I was told I had to wait till September?

Post-grad applicants.
Reply 30
Original post by c.fly

Will you be on the 3rd floor of Union Court? Cool, we'll be roomies! I think the floor has 7 rooms. Which one did you select?
Reply 31
thank you :excited:
Reply 32
Original post by nataliapap
Hey :smile:

I recently accepted my offer for accommodation at Union Court. I'll be at the 3rd floor as I am going to be a postgraduate student. @nicoli and @c.fly tell me more details about your room!! Maybe we'll be at the same flat!

Flat 3, Second Floor, Room 6 :smile:
Reply 33
I'm a first year undergraduate student and I haven't received my email telling what accomadation I have, have any undergrads received an email yet?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 34
Original post by Shellyrb
I'm a first year undergraduate student and I haven't received my email telling what accomadation I have, have any undergrads received an email yet?

I haven't either. Don't worry.
Reply 35
Ok thanks :smile:

Reply 36
Hello,
I would like to ask those who are going to stay in Union court or anyplace off-campus. Would you buy a unirider card? Does it worth to buy one?

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/unirider-student-ticket.aspx
Reply 37
Original post by funkygeo
Hello,
I would like to ask those who are going to stay in Union court or anyplace off-campus. Would you buy a unirider card? Does it worth to buy one?

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/unirider-student-ticket.aspx

If you're the kind of person who goes to campus most days and don't want to cycle or drive then yes absolutely it is worth getting a bus pass!
Reply 38
Original post by georgia
If you're the kind of person who goes to campus most days and don't want to cycle or drive then yes absolutely it is worth getting a bus pass!

Thank you for your reply :smile:
Original post by meenu89
Can totally recommend Leamington Spa. Union court is in South Leamington (because it's south of the river Leam) which is where most of the student population of Leamington is based.

Original post by Rasool
It is. A lot better, in fact!

I'm going into my second year and am also in Union Court. I didn't check it out myself but the girls in my flat went for a look around before we committed to living there and they said it seems good enough. En-suite, few minutes walk from a Co-Op, the station, and a bus stop to Warwick.

Let me know if you need any more info... x

Hi! Can one of you guys give me some more information about Union Court specifically? How far is it from the town centre and all the main shops and clubs and how long does it generally take to get to Central campus? Planning to stay there next year, just scared it doesn't turn out to be in an isolated place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending