Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

YAY! UCAS now EMAIL YOU to CONFIRM your OFFER!!!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzmegg)
    these emails will be sent at regular times throughout the day from tuesday 7 august (for scotland only) to friday 31 august.!
    what?!?! So i may have to wait 2 weeks to find out if i've got in or not??? D:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snailsareslimy)
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but will they just email us as soon as Track updates, after 8am or any time after 12? I'm a little confused by the whole thing
    Again, sorry if this has been asked/no one knows the answer!
    If your university has already made a decision about your application by 8am, you will get the email then. The emails then go out in intervals, so anytime after that 8 you will get it when the next emails are sent. So if the uni make an offer you will receive the email when UCAS is sending out the next set of emails. Someone told me that they are sending emails on every hour, so 8, then 9, then 10 and so on.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    If your university has already made a decision about your application by 8am, you will get the email then. The emails then go out in intervals, so anytime after that 8 you will get it when the next emails are sent. So if the uni make an offer you will receive the email when UCAS is sending out the next set of emails. Someone told me that they are sending emails on every hour, so 8, then 9, then 10 and so on.
    Thank you!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goussberry09)
    No, dont worry It's just that late in case universities dont make a decision straight away, or if people have to wait for GCSE's etc. If the university has made the decision about your application by/on the 16th, that's when you will find out
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    UCAS have notified us what the email will be called
    I don't think I saw this.. What will it be called?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, dont worry It's just that late in case universities dont make a decision straight away, or if people have to wait for GCSE's etc. If the university has made the decision about your application by/on the 16th, that's when you will find out
    Ahhh ok, thank you haha. Panicked for a moment there :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I didn't get this email? D: I hope they having left me off the mailing list, I don't want to miss being sent important information on results day.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dizzeedollee)
    Hmmm, I didn't get this email? D: I hope they having left me off the mailing list, I don't want to miss being sent important information on results day.
    check your spam folder.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    if the emails arent there at 8 im checking track
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got this email :l and I've checked junk and every single folder i have.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the 31 August is for people who aren't just waiting on a-levels and those who end up in clearing i guess
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi. As a Scottish student who just got results this week, I just want to warn you that most people's emails were not there at 8 (I think I know of 1), most were about lunchtime

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT15i
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lorri94)
    Hi. As a Scottish student who just got results this week, I just want to warn you that most people's emails were not there at 8 (I think I know of 1), most were about lunchtime

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT15i
    howd u do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I saw this.. What will it be called?
    Go back to the start of the thread I think it's something like 'update on the staus of your application'...well something like that but shorter.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idealized)
    I haven't got this email :l and I've checked junk and every single folder i have.

(Original post by .snowflake.)
    check your spam folder.
    ^

Like idealized I've checked every folder of mine and I don't have this email. I did however call UCAS today and they said that apparently they send these out in waves? I just wish they'd hurry up, results day is really soon!
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stryder402)
    if the emails arent there at 8 im checking track
    The emails will only START to be sent AFTER 8am.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got my email yesterday (i'm transferring, so I knew it was coming after I sent my transcript to my new university) Just so you all know the format for an acceptance of my firm was "Congratulations, your position at *insert uni name* has been confirmed..." Then some babble about what to do next ect!

Good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heard that grade boundaries will be out earlier. anyone know where and when we can check them for CIE and Edexcel?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    This is so useful. We can't go for our results until 10.am so I'll be able to know a couple hours earlier if I got a place. Hoping to go to Cumbria Uni to do Primary Education.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJCSShp)
    So will the email actually say, congratulation you got into your firm, or you are now in clearing?
    Or will it just say there has been a change in your application???
    It says

'dear miss/mr .....

Congratulations! This email confirms your place at blahblah university to study blahblah course subject to you meeting your outstanding academic requirements. The course begins in blahblah2012.'

I got my confirmation Email from them yesterday

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 17, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.