The Student Room Group

Hobby Postgrad

Hi, I'm a recent graduate from the University of Durham.
I gained a good 2.1 from the Law Department, won a couple of subject prizes (my transcript shows I just missed out on a First) and can supply good academic references.

I'm now working in local government in London, and I've decided I want a postgraduate course to study in the evenings / weekends. I don't find my job massively demanding. Although its pretty good fun.

Criteria

1.) I'm not overly picky about what I want to study. Arts / social sciences are my preferences. I find it easy to pick up an interest in things.

2.) Something with a bit of prestige would be lovely.

3.) Classes / lectures in London

4.) Must be cheap. I have a reasonable income but don't have a disposable income for course fees of more than 8k a year. Don't want to build up more debt
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Bump!
Original post by hepplump
Hi, I'm a recent graduate from the University of Durham.
I gained a good 2.1 from the Law Department, won a couple of subject prizes (my transcript shows I just missed out on a First) and can supply good academic references.

I'm now working in local government in London, and I've decided I want a postgraduate course to study in the evenings / weekends. I don't find my job massively demanding. Although its pretty good fun.

Criteria

1.) I'm not overly picky about what I want to study. Arts / social sciences are my preferences. I find it easy to pick up an interest in things.

2.) Something with a bit of prestige would be lovely.

3.) Classes / lectures in London

4.) Must be cheap. I have a reasonable income but don't have a disposable income for course fees of more than 8k a year. Don't want to build up more debt

Obviously Birkbeck for evening courses, but don't ignore nominally day-time part-time courses with low attendance requirements. I did a hobby masters part-time (about 2.5K a year) that was nominally a day time course around a full-time job because the course had very little in the way of attendance needed.

Although it is probably too late for 2012 entry, look at both Oxofrd and Cambridge's part-time offerings. Both of them are easily doable from London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending