The Student Room Group

Ib students, how do you pass summer holiday?

Hey,

Summer holidays are ending soon, for me its around a week left...

And I feel like I've done nothing productive so far during the summer holidays (apart from work experiences mainly).

Was wondering... how should I spend the rest of my summer holiday (that final week), in preparation for the last year of my IB Diploma?

And also, for my fellow IB students... how have you guys spent your summer (in terms of schoolwork/revision/studying)? I'm a efficient worker when I need be so I'd need a general idea of how much I should catch up on :P

Thanks, and hope you guys had a wonderful holiday! :biggrin: ONE MORE YEAR TO GO BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!
Original post by Chemit
Hey,

Summer holidays are ending soon, for me its around a week left...

And I feel like I've done nothing productive so far during the summer holidays (apart from work experiences mainly).

Was wondering... how should I spend the rest of my summer holiday (that final week), in preparation for the last year of my IB Diploma?

And also, for my fellow IB students... how have you guys spent your summer (in terms of schoolwork/revision/studying)? I'm a efficient worker when I need be so I'd need a general idea of how much I should catch up on :P

Thanks, and hope you guys had a wonderful holiday! :biggrin: ONE MORE YEAR TO GO BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!

Have you started work on your EE? That's what I spent the last couple of weeks of holiday before my second year doing - narrowing topic, looking at research, planning, etc.
Reply 2
Work on your EE, and any IA's you have already been assigned.

Ideally, you would also review what you've done in every subject so far, since it'll help you in upcoming mocks etc. You probably can't be bothered though. I wasn't :P
Reply 3
Personally, all I do is feel mildly guilty and anxious about the fact that I haven't done anything for my EE or IAs. But that all goes away when I go out. Summer wasn't made to worry about school.
Ahh... I know how you feel. I was supposed to complete my EE, write my World Lit essay, do my second Maths portfolio, etc... Guess what :rolleyes: I am nowhere near the finish line.
Reply 5
I'd advise you to do your EE if you haven't already.
I changed topics last minute. I didn't do mine until the night before the draft was due (our IB coordinator sits at a desk at the school entrance and demands the draft when you walk in, first day of school) :tongue: but twas a lot of pressure. Plus didn't do the corrections until the night before the final was due. - same for ToK, I wrote the essay the same night you had to upload it to the IB system, and got it in at 11:59pm. -- but way too much stress. The rest of my school work went downhill. So yeah, do your EE and any IA's, portfolios etc. ahead of time :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending