Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Unite

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm looking to stay at a accommodation for a full time undergraduate 3 year course at London south bank university. The problem is, is that university only let's you stay at the accommodation for 1 year. So I'm looking at Student Unite but do they let you live there for 3 years so for all your course if you pay then every year?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it's independent private halls where you book a room on the Unite website as opposed to Unite halls but with the university holding exclusive letting rights (where you apply through the uni accommodation) then you just choose to re-book your room for the following year when the time comes. I think it's around April but you could ask or you might get told. My friend did this and got a discount for her 2nd year (though this wasn't with Unite).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaunW500)
    Hello,

I'm looking to stay at a accommodation for a full time undergraduate 3 year course at London south bank university. The problem is, is that university only let's you stay at the accommodation for 1 year. So I'm looking at Student Unite but do they let you live there for 3 years so for all your course if you pay then every year?
    I wouldn't base the decision on accommodation for your first year on whether you will be able to stay there for 3 years or not. Most students choose to move out of institutional accommodation to share with friends in the second and third years and even if you don't, once you've been there a year, you may decide you prefer other places. So go for whatever the best option for you is for the first year and then think about the subsequent years when the time comes.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go for yearly contracts. No doubt you will be fed up of certain crappy student accommodations rather quickly and will want a change, especially as it allows you flexibility to move in with mates.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

So as I'm aware when you stay at the university accommodation you can only stay there for 1 year to make room for next years students.

Is it like this for other student accommodation agents, for example student unite can you stay there for the whole 3 years when your course finishes so as long as you pay each year for the room?

Hi ShaunW500,

There are no restrictions on which year of uni you’re in when you live with UNITE, so if you stay with us in first year and then decide you'd like to re book for your second or third year you can do so.

You can usually do this from around November onwards and there are often offers available to students re booking for another year.

Which properties are you looking at? I can get you some more information if you like.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UNITE Student Accommodation)
    Hi ShaunW500,

There are no restrictions on which year of uni you’re in when you live with UNITE, so if you stay with us in first year and then decide you'd like to re book for your second or third year you can do so.

You can usually do this from around November onwards and there are often offers available to students re booking for another year.

Which properties are you looking at? I can get you some more information if you like.

I hope this helps,

Frankie
    Hey thanks for the reply, yes I'm looking at the new accommodation that getting built, on Waterloo road near London south bank university. I was wondering if will this available for 2012 an also any news in the cost as it say more coming soon on your website.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks for the reply, yes I'm looking at the new accommodation that getting built, on Waterloo road near London south bank university. I was wondering if will this available for 2012 an also any news in the cost as it say more coming soon on your website.

Hi ShaunW500,

The UNITE accommodation that is currently being built on Waterloo Road will be let to London School of Economics for 2012-2013, and they will allocate rooms to LSE students.

You mentioned you’ll be studying at London South bank University, if you give me some more information on your price range and which campus you’ll be based at then I can give you some more information about relevant properties.

Or if it’s easier I can get someone to give you a call?

I hope this helps,

Frankie
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UNITE Student Accommodation)
    Hi ShaunW500,

The UNITE accommodation that is currently being built on Waterloo Road will be let to London School of Economics for 2012-2013, and they will allocate rooms to LSE students.

You mentioned you’ll be studying at London South bank University, if you give me some more information on your price range and which campus you’ll be based at then I can give you some more information about relevant properties.

Or if it’s easier I can get someone to give you a call?

I hope this helps,

Frankie
    Hey, okay so I'm looking at the lowest price for a studio flat but if you can tell me the cheapest that nearest to me, and tell me all the prices for that one. Any campus will do as they all together and I don't know which I'm at yet either.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, okay so I'm looking at the lowest price for a studio flat but if you can tell me the cheapest that nearest to me, and tell me all the prices for that one. Any campus will do as they all together and I don't know which I'm at yet either.

Hi ShaunW500,

A Basic Studio at Rahere Court is £229; this is the best value in reach of Southwark Campus (approx. 3.18miles away)

We have some availability at Charles Morton Court, studios here are £249pw.
    Charles Morton Court is located in the Green Lanes area with easy access to Islington, Camden and Hackney and has excellent bus links to Shoreditch and Central London. Its 3.77 miles from Southwark Campus

A premium range 1 studio at Pacific Court is £259pw; this property is only 2.67miles from Southwark Campus. It has excellent transport links with Stepney Green tube (District & Circle and Hammersmith and City lines) just 7 minutes’ walk away. Whitechapel and Bethnal Green stations are also nearby.

Bartholomew Road also has a few Classic Studio’s left, they are £249pw and it’s located roughly 3.84miles away from Southwark Campus.

Quantum Court Premium Range 1 studios are £285pw and Southwark Campus is 2.22miles away. Quantum Court is only 5 minutes’ walk from Shadwell DLR, taking just 10 minutes to get to Bank where you can connect to the underground.

Canto Court is the closest to Southwark Campus (only 1.84 miles away) and basic studios here are £299pw.
    Canto Court is situated on Old Street, a cultural and recreational hub of London, with an array of bars, cafes and restaurants nearby.
    Transport links are excellent with Old Street tube station (Northern Line) just five minutes’ walk away and Barbican tube (Circle, Hammersmith and City and Metropolitan Lines) 11 minutes’ walk away, plus the property is close to a range of bus routes.

As you can see, price varies by location. The best choice for you really depends on which property best fits your price range and is within a reasonable distance of your Campus.

As I mentioned before, these prices are based on having your own studio flat within the accommodation, and internet, utility bills, security and contents insurance are all included in the price.

Just let me know if you’d like any more information or if you’d like me to get someone to give you a call.

I hope this helps,

Frankie

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 6, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.