The Student Room Group

App of differentiation

For Q2 the hence part, any hints? I got t= 2 for the 1st part which is correct. How do i show that the normal to curve at T pass thru (2,-8)

Edit: solved this aft so long hehe, thx though! Realised i just have to sub t in x and y of curve to get the coordinate of T then find the equation of normal (with pt T and gradient of normal derived from the tangent)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Can you type the question out? I can't read the image you've uploaded.
I would just find t in terms of y, then substitute that into the x = part.

From that you could then differentiate to find the gradient at the point in question and from that find the normal. Whether or not that satisfies the hence bit who knows, but it would be quick and work. (should take 2 min total by the looks of it).
Reply 3
sorry those questions are disgusting i have no idea why the **** anyone would be looking at them over summer, its boring application of simple principles go out have fun
Reply 4
Lol its good to think about math questions, i feel good when i solve them :smile: like i've scored a goal in floorball ,similar satisfaction
Original post by Vadevalor
Lol its good to think about math questions, i feel good when i solve them :smile: like i've scored a goal in floorball ,similar satisfaction

I think first you should do a photography course tho :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest