The Student Room Group

Magenta House - London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ohh yeah i'll probably see you then sometime :smile: Im going to Coventry so no but i think my freshers starts on the 24th too, so might bump into you at a few clubs/pubs haha...do you know your room number yet? x
Yep I'm in room block a ground floor flat 1 - 1.2 think that's like the first room haha what room are u in? X
Reply 22
oh cool i dont know anyone in my block yet :s-smilie: haha i'm in block c 2nd floor flat 46-46.1...oh and just so you know theres a fb group i joined a while ago, its a closed group and you have to be accepted in but theres a few other people in magenta house, its called 'Magenta House London 2012/2013' if you want to join :smile: you might meet some other people in your flat x
Reply 23
hello everyone!
I have also booked a room at magenta, in a 5-bed flat.
I'm a first-year at coventry university london campus.
Anyone else going to study here?

can't wait to meet all of you! :smile:
Hey lavinia! When are u moving in? Will be nice to meet you x
Original post by Amina_53
oh cool i dont know anyone in my block yet :s-smilie: haha i'm in block c 2nd floor flat 46-46.1...oh and just so you know theres a fb group i joined a while ago, its a closed group and you have to be accepted in but theres a few other people in magenta house, its called 'Magenta House London 2012/2013' if you want to join :smile: you might meet some other people in your flat x

Aw thanks lol I'm getting quite scared now!! Not long x
Reply 26
I'm moving in on the 20th of September! It will be indeed nice to meet all of you!
Reply 27
so turns out i'll be moving in on the 22nd rather than the 20th, but hopefully i'll see you guys then! :smile: x
I'm moving in on the 16th, so will see u 2 the following week :-) x
Hi guys!
Just found this thread and right now as I am about to book a room in magenta house would like to ask your honest opinion how it was living there?
Many thanks in advance!
Original post by ApophasisMegale
Hi guys!
Just found this thread and right now as I am about to book a room in magenta house would like to ask your honest opinion how it was living there?
Many thanks in advance!

I would like to know the same as I'm in the same position.

I have however checked the review website hall bookers for reviews on magenta house, but I just wanted some more info from residents before I booked.

Anyone?!:colonhash:
Original post by philthesock
I would like to know the same as I'm in the same position.

I have however checked the review website hall bookers for reviews on magenta house, but I just wanted some more info from residents before I booked.

Anyone?!:colonhash:

Hi
Magenta House is a great safe place to live and well located, i may be somewhat bias as i work there but i can help you with any questions you have. What would you like to know?

Paul
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sophiaamatoxx
I'm coming from Manchester, which is quite far from home lol my friends staying at magenta house too, so shouldn't be too lonely ha and I'm studying business at London met what are u studying? X

Hi! Did you end up liking the Magenta house? I'm a 23 year old coming from the U.S. to study at QMUL and really like this place!!!!
Original post by Sophiaamatoxx
Yeah, I think they sold out quite fast as my friend wanted to share with me but they had sold out so she's staying in a 5 bedroom one as well lol but we're only 18 going into our first year! Are you from London or are you coming from somewhere else x

How did you like the Magenta house? Were there many postgrads there?

I'm a 23 year old girl coming from the U.S.!! Really liking this place except for the price haha is it easy to get to central london from here to go out and stuff? How are the restaurants around here?

I'm worried I won't make many friends in private housing, but I also don't want to live in a dorm!! too old to share a bathroom! haha
Original post by cool213s
How did you like the Magenta house? Were there many postgrads there?

I'm a 23 year old girl coming from the U.S.!! Really liking this place except for the price haha is it easy to get to central london from here to go out and stuff? How are the restaurants around here?

I'm worried I won't make many friends in private housing, but I also don't want to live in a dorm!! too old to share a bathroom! haha

Hey @cool213s,

Magenta House is in Zone One, right near Aldgate East on the District Line and Hammersmith & City Line - so getting around London couldn't be easier.

Shoreditch and Whitechapel have some of the most fantastic places to eat, drink and shop (especially on the famous Brick Lane).

You're not living in a dorm per say :biggrin:, each bedroom has it's own En Suite bathroom, and you'll only share a kitchen and living facilities with a few other flat mates. For September, we're refurbishing some of our spaces, and including a brand new fully kitted gym for our residents too :smile:

When it comes to booking your room, you can choose who you want to live with (post graduates only, same-sex only flat, studying at the same Uni etc.). Just so you don't have to worry about feeling excluded.

Hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Can anyone guide me how magenta is as compared to liberty plaza.

Quick Reply

Latest