Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Clearing confusion!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should I make a list of all the universities I'd be interested in applying to for clearing? I don't know a lot about clearing so I don't know if my question makes sense.
    Say I have an offer from Glasgow but I don't make the offer, should I then phone up the department of my offer? Or should it be the clearing hotline? Could I also phone up other departments? Say my offer was for mathematics, but I don't meet that offer, could I phone up the physics clearing hotline/ department as well to see if they have spaces?
    Should I make a list of all of these numbers?
    And should I make a list of all of these numbers from each university that I'm interested in?

Additionally, should I phone up my head master to ask what percentages I got in each exam? This could help as I may have just missed my offer
    • 66 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Ace)

Additionally, should I phone up my head master to ask what percentages I got in each exam? This could help as I may have just missed my offer
    Look at the sticky thread marked "preparing for results day"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2069579

Your UMS will be on your results sheet
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    Look at the sticky thread marked "preparing for results day"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2069579

Your UMS will be on your results sheet
    I sat highers, do we have UMS? Also, should I first phone Glasgow and ask if they're willing to accept me first before entering clearing? If so, who should I phone? And what should I say?
    If they say they're not willing to accept me, should I still phone them back asking about clearing? If so, should I just stay on the phone to whoever I'm onto and say, "so can I enter clearing instead?" cheers
    • 66 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Ace)
    I sat highers, do we have UMS? Also, should I first phone Glasgow and ask if they're willing to accept me first before entering clearing? If so, who should I phone? And what should I say?
    If they say they're not willing to accept me, should I still phone them back asking about clearing? If so, should I just stay on the phone to whoever I'm onto and say, "so can I enter clearing instead?" cheers
    Don't know if you have UMS but surely your results sheet has details (I doubt that school has information they have not shared with you)

By the time they reject you they have had a lot of time to consider their decision ... it is rare for universities to reconsider if you call them

If they have said no then you cannot apply to that course in clearing ... if they have said no to you when they are not full then they clearly do not want you
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm also getting my results through by text and the post won't arrive for hours to come, by which point the places could have gone.
    Should I phone up at 9am when I get the text and see if they want me to tell them my scores when they arrive?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 5, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.