(Original post by glousck)
Can I just say about the bit in bold - anyone who thinks drug-users are irresponsible, please read this. This is an example of some-one being cautious, preparing beforehand, analysing whether they are mentally prepared for taking lsd and someone who's clearly planning to research into it before they take it. This is what I wish all people who use any drug were like, as the likelihood of decriminlising them would be so much higher once the government see they can be treated with respect. Unfortunately you will always get irresponsible idiots who take anything they're offered without knowing what it is (e.g. people filming themselves taking ridiculous doses of salvia and putting it on youtube). So well done for being an example of the side of people who are responsible drug users.
Anyway, just thought I'd give you some advice with LSD. This might be kind of long, sorry but hopefully it helps
1. Even if you are preparing to take it on a day with people, have prepared and looked into it in advance but feel nervous/anxious on the day - DO NOT take it. Your mindset is the most important thing in determining the nature of a trip an although 'bad trips' are often a lot more rare than made out to be, it's important to be aware that you could have intense anxious feelings of anxiety for 12+ hours. On the other side, go into it with a positive and calm mind and you will potentially have one of the best nights of your life. If you are a naturally anxious person then maybe spend the day with close friends or people who are good at making you laugh and who don't take themselves too seriously.
2. Wait 2-4 hours for it to kick in. This can be annoying, but if you're at the point where anything hasn't happened after 3 hours and take another tab for the sake of it this could turn out to be a lot more intense than you first planned.
3. If you do take it and the hallucinations/visuals get too intense then make sure you have some sunglasses ready as this really does help decrease this part of the trip.
4. Take it in a place where you feel comfortable with people you're comfortable with. Set and setting are important to make sure you have an amazing time and get the best out of LSD. It's better to do it with people in case anything does go wrong than by yourself, at least for the first time.
5. You probably already know this if you've taken other stuff like MDMA before to keep the next day empty.
6. There isn't really a comedown, psychedelics in general simply lose their intensity as the hours pass. You might feel a bit washed out at the end and won't be able to do much productive work the next day but that's about it.
7. The main effects are on erowid, as well as experiences so if you want all the effects info that's the best site for it.
8. Don't do it in too much of a public place, as (a) the crowds of people might be intimidating and overwhelming and (b) your pupils will dilate and it'll be obvious you're on something which might make you paranoid.
9. Have an amazing time having your mind blown, conversations and thoughts happening that wouldn't if you were sober, amazing visuals and songs sounding completely revolutionary and like you're hearing them for the first time but 10x better.