The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Drugs- Your Experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Jjj90
Absolutely. But my comment that 'it harms no-one' was referring more to other people, in that I should be able to do something, in the privacy of my own home, that in no way harms anyone around me. Now I understand that there has to be a line, hard drugs, or drugs that will and do cause damage should be illegal. But with something as tame as Marijuana it should be my choice.

Spot on pal, but I believe in our lifetime we'll see a big change in drug laws, 50% of Americans all think weed should be legal and they're generally becoming more tolerant of it there. Drug education is something that should be taught in schools, not ignorance. Look at sex education - it's more effective to teach people about the risks of STD's and the important of condoms etc, instead of telling someone not to have sex. Same with drugs, it's important to educate people how to use drugs safely, to find out if they've got mental health problems running in the family instead of saying DON'T DO DRUGS because as we all know - especially the ones making and enforcing anti-drugs legislation - that is a message that has never and will never work.
Reply 441
I've only ever done booze, weed and whatever someone spiked my drink with. Also done strong prescription painkillers but they were actually prescribed to me, not take for rectional use.

On booze I have pretty much the same experience as anyone else. I'd say its my favourite for what I experience because I get at least a buzz almost instantly after drinking, it tastes nice and a lot of other people I know drink too so there are usually nights out/in for drinking. I get tipsy after about maybe 4 drinks and wrecked maybe about after 7 or 8 but it all depends on the type of drink, how much I have ate that day and my general mood as well.

On weed it took me a while to feel anything. My boyfriend got high his first time, it took me about 3 or 4 tries. Before I got high, I definitely felt something though. My chest was tight, I started having really bad panic attacks, dizziness and nausea. Once I did get high, it was good. I just sat there like a big fat lump on the couch and laughed at Family Guy and then ordered a chippy lol. Only lasted about an hour or 2 but it was great because there was no hangover like what you get on booze. I do weed maybe a couple of times a month but drink maybe twice/3 times a week (not always enough to get drunk though)

I had my drink spiked once. Dunno what was put in it but I was at a nightclub and I was with a guy 'friend' who I knew had a thing for me but I wasn't interested and he knew that and said he accepted it. We went to the club and he told me other friends were gonna meet us there. Before the club we went to a pub and I only had 2 JD and cokes so I wasn't drunk or tipsy. At the club I had some alcopop since they are cheap and then another JD. Within about 15 mins of drinking the JD I started getting really dizzy and not like a drunk kinda dizzy, I couldn't stand, I was walking into people and probably groping them by accident as I tried to find the door to the toilet because my vision went funny. He took me home and my mum was there (dunno if he was expecting that) and she thought I was just drunk but then I started puking, shaking and blacking out. That 'friend' also kept asking me things like "do you even have slight feelings for me?" and I still said no.
I knew I hadn't drank nowhere near enough to be drunk like that and a few months later I confronted him and he admitted he slipped something in my drink. I wanted to get him charged but there was no evidence since it was months later but he is now out of my life thankfully.
Reply 442
I've had my share of fun times.

Spoiler

I've smoked weed, took coke and MDMA... surprisingly I think weed made more of an effect because the others I just felt alive and gurned my teeth
Reply 444
Original post by glousck
I hold an extremely pro-drug attitude but to say that weed harms no-one is untrue and frankly a little naive. Of course it's never killed anyone and is probably one of the safest drugs out there but to brand it completely harmless is simply false information. Don't get me wrong I understand where you're coming and I'm not trying to start an argument but I know people who smoke it from morning till night who've lost all zest and ambition for what life has to offer. If someone has no history of mental health problems in their family, can control their use and uses it whilst stil being able to get the most out of life (like most weed smokers), then it is mostly fine. Every drug has it's risks fella, just got to be sensible about it. :smile:

Agreed. I dislike this attitude that so many smokers have that cannabis is completely harmless'. It's counter productive to legalisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 445
hmm..
I've chewed some Khat before, though it's not much of a drug. :tongue:
Reply 447
Alcohol - standard, fun, hangovers suck though
Weed - amazing, my third favorite thing on the planet.
Herbal Incense - cheap, legal, completely apart from anything else but not enough is known about future harm

Latest

Trending

Trending