This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Drugs- Your Experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
dont take crackk
it ****s you up
Reply 41
I smoke weed anywhere from 0-3 times a week. I'll just say what most frequently occurs as it'll probably be the most helpful for the purposes of the thread. I suffer from mild social anxiety and find it helps me start a conversation smoother and it flows easier as well. Jokes or people talking seems a lot funnier than usual. If I smoke quite a bit in one go I'm usually left with a big smile on my face without realising lol. Best sleep aid currently available that's out there - and this is coming from someone who's tried 4 different types of prescribed sleeping pills. Gives me a real 'content' yet lazy feeling. Weed is a real grower, the first few times most people feel next to nothing or don't like it. It's not as amazing as some people make it out to be (especially once you've tried real psychedelics) but I will say this - it is great when you and a close friend are both high, you can have some great heart to hearts which bring you closer because you both feel so relaxed and subjects in conversation flow nicely and gently.

Taken DMT once and although it was incredible (though only roughly 10 minutes - but might have turned sour had it lasted longer) I think that's my curiosity satisfied as there's other psychedelics (LSD, shrooms) I'm more interested in discovering in as I want to find out more about (i) myself (ii) the human mind (iii) the powers of increased empathy. Psychedelics shouldn't be treated as "yeah got totally wasted last night on acid lol was trippin ballz!!1", they should be treated with respect so they can be uncovered best in all their glory. Psychedelics, LSD in particular, are incredible and the amount of positive effects it has on the mind which can last permanently (e.g more open-minded, cured of addictions, more empathy, less judgemental) so they shouldn't be misused as a means of just getting high.

Finally, AMT...I have no idea where to start on this one. First time was intriguing but not amazing. Had thoughts about the size and potential of the universe I'd never had before. You know when you close your eyes and see a load of squiggles? Had that but with my eyes opened for about 4 hours. Was beautiful, trancey and borderline hypnotic for a while but then it got quite annoying as anywhere I looked I couldn't see a normal room in front of me because of all the colours and lines. On AMT it lasts for 24 hours and even if you were exremely exhausted and in need of sleep before taking it you don't feel like you physically need/are able to sleep which is a strange effect. I had only 3 hours sleep the night before yet didn't sleep for the 24 hours it lasted despite thinking beforehand I'd sleep well that night. Your face, your hair and a lot of things feel amazing to touch. Time doesn't pass normally because your conversations/thoughts/actions are either said at a quick or slow pace so 5 minutes can feel equivalent to roughly an hour. The outside world is a bit overwhelming and best to be avoided - even visits to the bathroom outside the room you're in feel very alien and claustrophobic.

The second time was probably one of the best nights of my life. Although the effects were really different, the 'feeling' of the drug was still the same. Everything my friends said was hilarious to the point that I was nonstop crying with laughter for three hours. Music sounded completely revolutionary but so strange. I felt so much love for my friends yet I didn't feel like I had to tell them, it was like it was something that was just understood. Dancing felt so good, and I usually feel really self conscious of dancing. I felt so happy for no reason, even if someone had insulted or shouted at me I would've still felt euphoric. Felt extremely alert and aware, despite having little sleep. A lot of good memories from that night. As you can see, aMT effects are very varied, I think it was more fun the second time round because we weren't anxious, were well prepared and all felt comfortable with each other and in the room.

Also took MDMA once, again very euphoric and music sounds so much better but it was evident it wasn't very pure and had been cut with a lot of other stuff so was a bit disappointing. Would love to get hold of some really pure stuff.

Sorry for making this so long, but when it comes to reading drug experiences it must be understood that anything written or said can only capture a miniscule amount of what the experience is actually like.

Edit: Funny and quite interesting reading this over one year on - this was when I had just started taking drugs so was in a honeymoon phase with them haha, and had a 6 month gap before the end of my exams and my new job so was really going for gold! :lol: It's weird how I recall some of these experiences now compared to then, little update on my experiences since then

Got offered a line of ecstacy at a house party, the guy who gave it to me was too mashed out of his head so he didn't realise he'd given me valium by mistake (I was already on md that night so didn't notice until his mates told me the next day), didn't do much but dropped off to sleep very well.

Have taken md 6 (give or take) times this year, again a huge feeling of empathy and love when done with close mates, one of my friends for some ****ed up reason gets so moody and unsociable on md (or any drug really) and it creates such a nasty, bad vibe, so I would suggest if you're going to take it and someone ends up killing a good vibe with their poor attitude, talk to them about it or don't do it with them again, it can end up ruining your night. I do sometimes get left a little disappointed by md as I probably expect waay too much from the euphoria, obviously you're buzzing, feel sociable, feeling really good, love people in close proximity to you, etc, but maybe the word "euphoria" only affects some people more than others. It's a 9/10 drug which becomes a 5/10 drug because of how horrific the comedown is. I took it last weekend and had intense paranoia, like really intense (bedroom windows were open and every time I heard someone on the street make a sound I thought it was my friends in the house making fun and laughing at me even though they were all asleep/napping. When the comedown outweighs the good times it's time to kick it in, although I did take a gram from 9pm-7am with about 6/7 others (and other random cokeheads/drunks popping in and out at random points in the night haha), which is an intensely high dosage and probably was why the comedown was so horrible. It's like about 100 hangovers in one, especially because there's no cure really, if you're hungover you just have a good meal, get a good rest and you're fine, with a comedown you get paranoia, feel extreme sleep deprivation, flu-like symptoms akin to a hangover but 100x more extreme, food/drink/sleep doesn't help much, the comedown feeling can last for about 2-3 days after though. Although after that it does create a lovely afterglow, since I took it on Friday I've felt really lovey to people around me, been a lot more helpful and considerate and in touch with people's feelings, the last time this happened I felt like this for 6 weeks after, as well as random quick rushes of slight euphoria. I don't intend to do this for a while as I don't want to mess up my brain too much, tolerance is an issue and I do like the feeling of when you've been away from drugs for 6+ weeks and your body feels refreshed ad you have a well, purer state of mind to navigate you through the 24 hours packed into a day and learning that by putting in work, sobriety can be as enjoyable and rewarding as any high, like spending time with my boyfriend, the fact I ran the Birmingham Great Run (half marathon) last month, spending more quality time with friends, learning how to deal with friends, maturing into a young adult! Being high off mdma is one of the best feelings in the world but it's important to learn to love being sober. I can get quite fiendy with drugs - even non-addictive ones like MD - because I've had so much stress and (bad) unexpected events happen in my life, sometimes you'll look forward to doing drugs to escape reality instead of enjoying yourself, learning to love yourself, opening your mind, forming bonds with people, this is what drugs are about! That is the absolute truth.

This is only the start of what happened wrt drugs since I first posted this over a year ago. I'm going to go to sleep now but when I have the time I'll post about my experiences with mephedrone, cocaine, ketamine, nmob, herbal haze and probably a few others I forgot.

Well done if you've read through this, you must be veeeery bored :lol: :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by suffocation1992
I am quite happy I don't have a clue about drugs, thank you very much! I can - they're sad. What is the point in taking drugs, unless you have some sort of death wish? Alcohol in moderation is fine, it's a social past time. Taking ecstasy, cocaine and MDMA is not, it's crazy behaviour. If somebody told me they take drugs either recreationally or as a habitual user, I would feel very sad for them and want nothing more to do with them.

I am also not some naive teenager - I lost a friend from school to drugs, I constantly tried to make her stop. By the time Kitty died, she'd left sixth form, I'd stopped seeing her that often because she was so out of it that she was like a zombie most of the time. She was hooked on cannabis and could barely understand what anyone was saying to her, she was taking MDMA at parties every weekend. Apprently she took crystal meth, collapsed and died.

Grow up, there is nothing positive or 'mind opening' about drugs.

You can be informed about drugs without taking them. It seems you're incredibly malicious about drugs because you lost someone due to them, and understandably so. It's how people grieve.

But you're using anecdotal evidence to make absurd generalizations. Drugs do not lead everyone on a downward spiral. The only people who become a fatality due to drugs are those who allow themselves to get addicted and allow drugs to control their life. Most of us who partake in drugs know our limits and never breach them. The only negative we will ever face is the comedown.

You're argument that alcohol is fine because it isn't illegal or socially condemned is moronic. Many other drugs are a social past time to groups of people. Many people do drugs but never drink. Millions of people die yearly from alcohol abuse, and many more are affected through it's effects. It turns people into abusive vile scum who would sell their own family down the river just for a bottle of whiskey. David Nutt is a well respected professor who spent years and years of research into the effects and harm of drugs. He concluded alcohol is the most dangerous, harmful drug out there second only to heroin. Look into his research.

Drugs are very useful. Cannabis is currently used to give relief to cancer patients suffering from the effects of chemotherapy. It has no side effects apart from a relaxing buzz that numbs pain, as opposed to the pills they are prescribed which causes nausea and more or less sedates them. It also treats psychosis, clinical depression, among other diseases. Opium is used to give pain relief (you probably know it as morphine). Benzos allow people with schizophrenia to silence their voices.

Drugs have a place in this world. They enhance peoples lives, both creatively and medically. Open your mind and look at the facts.
I am quite happy I don't have a clue about drugs, thank you very much! I can - they're sad. What is the point in taking drugs, unless you have some sort of death wish?

Because the majority of recreational drugs have no negative long term side effects when used sensibly. And they're really fun. Simple.

Please, tell me more about things you've never done. Your opinions are so valuable.
I am quite happy I don't have a clue about drugs, thank you very much!

And yet you are somehow supposed to be taken seriously with your half-baked (no pun intended) ramblings about how ALL drugs are bad. Genius.
smoked weed a lot of times.

thats it. Probably won't do it again.
Original post by Popppppy
That's strange that you've had bad experiences, I always have lovely trips involving cute animals haha.

You must have the most cutesy imagination ever.

The majority of people don't have good/comfortable experiences on salvia, unless you count taking small hits and getting the giggles, but that's not really doing it properly. Even in the main description for it on erowid it says "Its effects are considered unpleasant by many people."

I had a horrible time on it, really freaked me out. Still glad I did it though, it's an experience.
Never found weed very interesting, used to smoke it semi-regularly but didn't get much out of it. Tried shrooms once, didn't think they did that much and they tasted horrible! Favourite drug is AMT; slight visuals, sometimes auditory hallucinations (not much fun), music sounds better, everything is hilarious, can talk with friends for hours and hours. Would like to try salvia, LSD and perhaps MDMA, although apparently it isn't as good as AMT.
Original post by MorrisseyForever

In no way should drugs like coke or LSD be legalised. I don't know enough about weed to agree or disagree if it should be but I'm not bothered if my friends do it.

Why on earth would you group LSD into the same category as cocaine? What is your reasoning behind saying in no way should LSD be legalised?
Reply 49
Alcohol (way too much of it tbh), cannabis, tobacco (not a smoker though) and diazepam. Stupidly mixed them together once, and felt like **** for days.

I wouldn't mind trying any of the main ones given the opportunity (especially psychedelics), apart from methamphetamine, crack, heroin or PCP.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
Just weed and MDMA. Weed has been interesting, when I don't overdose weed feels so good It's unbelievable. Listening to music on the stuff is magic. I love it and I understand why people get high all day. It's a good way to unwind too.

MDMA, well I've never felt better in my life, did some of my uni work on it as I had no motivation prior to taking the MDMA. Listening to music on this stuff is fire, no wonder it's a party drug, I find new patterns in music and I just find answers to everything on this drug. I don't need it as I haven't taken it for months, but damn that drug is useful and fun.

Oh yeah and alcohol :colonhash: which is actually pretty boring if you ask me unless you're pissed(not to the point you can't move but to the point that you're out of it) alcohol only being useful in attracting the opposite sex in clubs or when doing something you would normally do that's fun in itself e.g. drink fifa.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by bytail
Never found weed very interesting, used to smoke it semi-regularly but didn't get much out of it. Tried shrooms once, didn't think they did that much and they tasted horrible! Favourite drug is AMT; slight visuals, sometimes auditory hallucinations (not much fun), music sounds better, everything is hilarious, can talk with friends for hours and hours. Would like to try salvia, LSD and perhaps MDMA, although apparently it isn't as good as AMT.

aMT is awesome, wrote an experience on it up there ^^
It's still legal which is good, and hopefully it stays that way. I'm surpised I haven't heard of more people taking it although I suppose because it's not really a clubbing/party drug it won't be as popular as drone would when that was legal. Another thing which is great about aMT is that it's not physially addictive and it'd be hard to be psychologically addicted to. Like, even though I think it's great I took it a month a go and have no desire to take it for a good few months now.
Reply 52
I am quite happy I don't have a clue about drugs, thank you very much! I can - they're sad. What is the point in taking drugs, unless you have some sort of death wish? Alcohol in moderation is fine, it's a social past time. Taking ecstasy, cocaine and MDMA is not, it's crazy behaviour. If somebody told me they take drugs either recreationally or as a habitual user, I would feel very sad for them and want nothing more to do with them.

I am also not some naive teenager - I lost a friend from school to drugs, I constantly tried to make her stop. By the time Kitty died, she'd left sixth form, I'd stopped seeing her that often because she was so out of it that she was like a zombie most of the time. She was hooked on cannabis and could barely understand what anyone was saying to her, she was taking MDMA at parties every weekend. Apprently she took crystal meth, collapsed and died.

I highly doubt anyone on this thread is condoning use of crystal meth.

"Hooked on cannabis"? Wtf? :lolwut:
Original post by glousck
It's still legal which is good, and hopefully it stays that way. I'm surpised I haven't heard of more people taking it although I suppose because it's not really a clubbing/party drug it won't be as popular as drone would when that was legal. Another thing which is great about aMT is that it's not physially addictive and it'd be hard to be psychologically addicted to. Like, even though I think it's great I took it a month a go and have no desire to take it for a good few months now.

Yeah, I'm surprised it isn't more popular actually, but I guess it's probably because it lasts for so long. When me and my friends take it we stay in a room for a good 12 hours without really moving much :laugh: Mm, I take it every so often depending on whether people have enough time/we have somewhere to take it, I'd say it's very much a social drug. Used to have 60mg at a time, but find that 30mg is just as effective, albeit with fewer visuals. Very much hope it stays legal!
Reply 54
Original post by Tier
I've tried all of the common drugs. Weed, alcohol, cocaine, shrooms, MDMA, speed. All of them were enjoyable apart from this one time I got conned a bag of weed that was laced with bleach. Worst experience of my life, I felt like I was going to die in the alleyway I collapsed in.

I don't have any grips with drugs. It's all about moderation. Couple of lines of coke are fine, just don't go and blow £100 in a binge. I've got a gluttonous personality myself, but I can control myself and realize when it's time to stop. Also, I try to never use drugs for comfort. That's when you start becoming reliant, and eventually addicted. I only use drugs with friends with the occasional spliff or glass of whiskey in the evening by myself, and when I create artistically. The later produces amazing results and can really enhance your abilities. I got an A* in my coursework, with a short story I wrote while high as hell and drunk on whiskey. :P

Yeah, I think I'm going to try and do my coursework high on MDMA, it's a good drug on focusing I've noticed. I can't do work drunk as I'm too sluggish to do it and I just feel to go to sleep, the effects of alcohol isn't even that pleasing in all honesty if it weren't for the fact you can get with drunk girls. Weed is best for unwinding and going to sleep after in my experiences.

Drugs should be legalised, it's annoying that people can't handle it and it ruins it for the rest of us, especially since alcohol you see one person puking their guts out every night and everyone who forgets to drink water is hungover as ****.
Original post by glousck

It's been around since the 60s, but it's kinda flown under the legal radar for some reason. I guess because the media hasn't picked up on any deaths related to it. I'm sure one day some idiot will die taking a gram of the stuff at once and get it banned (or maybe just die from alcohol poisoning while having a trace of aMT in their system. That'd be good enough for them.)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by ShowMeYourSpine
Ever heard of moderation? DUMBASS.

Ok ik what you mean but when you live in a little town and there's "nothing else to do" as a teenager being bored is your perfect excuse. And it's just I woke up one day not wanting to do weed as much/hardly ever as I thought I was just wasting my life away :/
Reply 57
'
Originally Posted by Dolly786
Why should the NHS waste their money on saving people like u.
Your signing a death warrant when u take drugs, is that why people take them? It's a temp fix, wouldn't it be better if u lot jumped under a train. ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Firstly, why the aggressive tone?

Secondly, what about those who drink and smoke? Those two drugs cause far more problems for the NHS than illegal ones.

How about overeating? Or not exercising regularly? There would be far less problems for the NHS if the government regulated society's diet and exercise.

Where do you draw the line and why should the line be drawn at drugs?

Also, I don't use drugs as a "temp fix" but because I'm genuinely interested by them. ''

I don't drink & never have drank & I'm not big & i don't smoke.I look after myself.
So why the harsh tone? Because these kids are slowly destroying their bodies, drugs = horride death. It's wrong. Ok

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
I've never taken drugs myself, but I know people that have and they've been detrimentally affected without exception.

It's a very stupid decision to take drugs, in my opinion - but it's a decision you should be free to make.

I had a doughnut earlier that was pretty bad for me - but I chose it regardless.

It's up to you, really.
I smoked weed once, didn't like the "taste"/smell so I haven't done it again. I think legalized but regulated drugs would be a positive thing - not a free for all just because people want to, there should be some sort of licencing system - unless it's been prescribed for things such as anxiety etc, you should have good mental health generally, no previous criminal convictions for drugs or violence whilst on drugs etc.

As long as people don't harm others or try to make people like my family and friends take drugs, I don't care what they do with their lives, but I think that to stop young or vulnerable people from being harmed, we can't just have a free for all, it needs to be regulated.