The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Drugs- Your Experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The closest I got to taking drugs is a bit of morphine i took which had very little effect. :biggrin:
If people want to take drugs then let them. Theres no real point in banning them since everything else that is equally bad is legal.
Reply 61
Original post by Tier
I've tried all of the common drugs. Weed, alcohol, cocaine, shrooms, MDMA, speed. All of them were enjoyable apart from this one time I got conned a bag of weed that was laced with bleach. Worst experience of my life, I felt like I was going to die in the alleyway I collapsed in.

I don't have any grips with drugs. It's all about moderation. Couple of lines of coke are fine, just don't go and blow £100 in a binge. I've got a gluttonous personality myself, but I can control myself and realize when it's time to stop. Also, I try to never use drugs for comfort. That's when you start becoming reliant, and eventually addicted. I only use drugs with friends with the occasional spliff or glass of whiskey in the evening by myself, and when I create artistically. The later produces amazing results and can really enhance your abilities. I got an A* in my coursework, with a short story I wrote while high as hell and drunk on whiskey. :P

Lol! Imossibru!!
Have you ever revised high/done work stoned?
Never works out I mean you forget the sentence you were initially supposed to be writing, you end up really losing focus and start reading different sentences wouldn't recommend it; there was this time once when I came in stoned for an RE mock exam and I was paranoid throughout especially when I was waiting in line: I thought the teachers would know maybe because I was too silent or had a red-eye it was horrid T.T the 1h 45m exam felt like 3 hours I thought I was going to die I couldn't even relax properly.

EDIT:
I forgot: I was asked on "name me an illegal drug" I instinctively put "cannabis" then explain how that drug ruins lives <-- something along the lines.
Lol.

That's 1 stoner story.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
I've smoked cannabis very briefly, but I didn't have experiences varied enough in order to properly evaluate it; I plan to buy some more again soon in order to undertake a more accurate evaluation. I've smoked tobacco, but I didn't like it very much and I don't plan to smoke it further in the future. I took ecstacy a couple of times, and I enjoyed it, but I didn't feel that the experience was worth the street price I paid at the time, but if it depreciates in price in the future I may reconsider it. Heroin, cocaine, LSD and morphine I haven't tried yet, and presently have no immediate aspirations towards. As for other drugs, they're either legal or I hold no specific plans regarding them.

As far as legality stands, I don't believe drugs should be illegal simply because they are harmful. Many things are harmful, yet are not banned, and I haven't come across any arguments which reasonably distinguish any particular factor involved with drugs and not other substances which ought to merit drugs' prohibition. Alcohol is considered appropriate to experiment with, yet cannabis is usually considered not; until there is produced a satisfactory reason as to why this is so, I don't expect people to uphold any kind of moral distinction between the two. This same reasoning, in my mind, applies to all drugs where danger is not a pertinent factor.
Reply 63
You guys really need to look at what the drugs actually do to you - in ANY portion size.

http://www.talktofrank.com/drugs-a-z

Deluded to the extent it does you no harm? - bit idiotic
Drugs ruin lives. They kill people, they give people brain damage, they make people violent, they make people do dangerous things, they make relationships distant, they make people neglect their children, people get put in prison because of them, many young people are drawn in and eventually die of an addiction. It's always the most vulnerable that are targeted. Drug dealers don't care about you, they just want money. And they'll mix anything into drugs to make more money.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
paracetamol was a trip lol
Reply 66
Original post by user2334
You guys really need to look at what the drugs actually do to you - in ANY portion size.

http://www.talktofrank.com/drugs-a-z

Deluded to the extent it does you no harm? - bit idiotic

Genuinely surprised anyone uses the govt. sponsored Talk to Frank, try using experiences of people who use them to gauge damage.

Original post by anthonyfl
Drugs ruin lives. They kill people, they give people brain damage, they make people violent, they make people do dangerous things, they make relationships distant, they make people neglect their children, people get put in prison because of them, many young people are drawn in and eventually die of an addiction. It's always the most vulnerable that are targeted. Drug dealers don't care about you, they just want money. And they'll mix anything into drugs to make more money.

I know many people who use drugs habitually, and most are professionals or directors of companies. I hate to say it, but those teenagers who used drugs 20-30 years ago have grown into well rounded people and are now running the country, making your assumptions pretty much worthless!
Reply 67
Eurgh I hated salvia. Tried it once and it didn't do much apart from make me giggle quite a lot but the smell is disgusting. Smells like raw cat piss. No joke
Reply 68
Original post by IndyAM
Genuinely surprised anyone uses the govt. sponsored Talk to Frank, try using experiences of people who use them to gauge damage.

I know many people who use drugs habitually, and most are professionals or directors of companies. I hate to say it, but those teenagers who used drugs 20-30 years ago have grown into well rounded people and are now running the country, making your assumptions pretty much worthless!

Duh, the people who use them are stupid enough to do so and are the ones who are deluded. They dont give a flying flick what happens to their body.
Reply 69
Original post by user2334
Duh, the people who use them are stupid enough to do so and are the ones who are deluded. They dont give a flying flick what happens to their body.

Yeah, right :rolleyes: everyone who uses drugs is a monster and is stupid. That's why MPs and public figures including Louise Mensch, Chuka Umunna and Richard Branson have used them in the past. Because they are wasters who are complete failures. Please go troll somewhere else.

Also, my experiences of drugs have been mostly good, no hard drugs though!
Reply 70
Original post by IndyAM
Louise Mensch,

Urgh what a horrible example.

At least shes ****ing off http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19146805:party:
Reply 71
Original post by n00
Urgh what a horrible example.

At least shes ****ing off http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19146805:party:

You can't say she is a failure though. She rose to the top of her profession at a relatively young age, and although most of her actions have not been... popular, overall she has done well for herself.
Reply 72
Original post by IndyAM
You can't say she is a failure though. She rose to the top of her profession at a relatively young age, and although most of her actions have not been... popular, overall she has done well for herself.

Shes a failure at being a decent human being, which i would put before professional and financial success myself.

That and the fact she claims to regret taking drugs and says they've had a negative impact on her life.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by IndyAM
Yeah, right :rolleyes: everyone who uses drugs is a monster and is stupid. That's why MPs and public figures including Louise Mensch, Chuka Umunna and Richard Branson have used them in the past. Because they are wasters who are complete failures. Please go troll somewhere else.

I disagree with user2334 in that their stupid, however I agree in the sense that the actual bodily harm that cannot be seen is mostly ignored by drug users.

What do you think?
Tried acid recently. Very interesting experience, would recommend as long as you are responsible, prepare properly and do it with other people you genuinely like and who have experience of it. Didn't take enough to experience powerful hallucinations, though I did experience some mild visuals and a lot of taste/texture-based...intrigue. It ended up being quite a philosophical experience, as I experienced a state which I later recognised to be what psychologists call mindfulness. I had read a description of this state a few days before taking the drug (though as described by Buddhists rather than psychologists), and had hoped that I would experience it.

Neither physically nor psychologically addictive, not toxic, not dangerous unless you're idiotic with it.
Reply 75
Original post by anthonyfl

Alcohol ruins lives. They kill people, they give people liver damage, they make people violent, they make people do dangerous things, they make relationships distant, they make people neglect their children, people get put in hospital and later in a grave because of them, many young people are drawn in and eventually die of an addiction/binging. Most members of society are vulnerable because it's legal. Barmen don't care about you, they just want money. And they'll rise the prices of alcohol to make more money.

And that's not even close to showing the darkest, most dangerous effects of alcohol. Yet, it's legal and rightly so because people's bodies are their own to f up and not the governments. If they weren't then fast food should also be banned and gastric bands should be compulsory for anyone with obesity. But that is obviously a stupid idea, hence why everything you've just said about drugs is (i) not a reason for them to be illegal in the governments eyes if alcohol is legal for the same reasons and (ii) a lot rarer than people think, yet the media always report deaths on drugs as often as they can. I bet you didn't know for example, there's more chance of death riding a horse or eating a peanut than there is taking MDMA and LSD. If you have experience of drugs that allows you to make such statements then I could respect your views and have a sensible discussion but you come across as someone who simply listens to the gov., media, and people around them that DRUGS ARE BAD DRUGS ARE BAD DRUGS WILL KILL YOU.
Reply 76
Original post by Axion
I disagree with user2334 in that their stupid, however I agree in the sense that the actual bodily harm that cannot be seen is mostly ignored by drug users.

What do you think?

I think that the unseen risk from smoking anything is far less than being around a BBQ for a moderate amount of time. I also think that any link between harm and 'soft' drugs has not been proven true yet, and anyone who hurts themselves whilst using a drug is just as likely to hurt themselves whilst not using said drug, as long as they're not being stupid with regards to risk taking (e.g. the absolute ****s who decide to throw themselves off buildings thinking they can fly are just stupid. You can't blame a drug for a person's stupidity.)
Reply 77
Original post by iSoftie
Lol! Imossibru!!
Have you ever revised high/done work stoned?
Never works out I mean you forget the sentence you were initially supposed to be writing, you end up really losing focus and start reading different sentences wouldn't recommend it; there was this time once when I came in stoned for an RE mock exam and I was paranoid throughout especially when I was waiting in line: I thought the teachers would know maybe because I was too silent or had a red-eye it was horrid T.T the 1h 45m exam felt like 3 hours I thought I was going to die I couldn't even relax properly.

Haha, I've always got a creative boost from it. Revising history high was always fun, especially when you're doing WWII and find out about Hitler's ridiculousness.
Reply 78
Original post by IndyAM

David cameron too.
The amount of ignorance here on this thread is astounding.
Reply 79
Original post by glousck
Alcohol ruins lives. They kill people, they give people liver damage, they make people violent, they make people do dangerous things, they make relationships distant, they make people neglect their children, people get put in hospital and later in a grave because of them, many young people are drawn in and eventually die of an addiction/binging. Most members of society are vulnerable because it's legal. Barmen don't care about you, they just want money. And they'll rise the prices of alcohol to make more money.

And that's not even close to showing the darkest, most dangerous effects of alcohol. Yet, it's legal and rightly so because people's bodies are their own to f up and not the governments. If they weren't then fast food should also be banned and gastric bands should be compulsory for anyone with obesity. But that is obviously a stupid idea, hence why everything you've just said about drugs is (i) not a reason for them to be illegal in the governments eyes if alcohol is legal for the same reasons and (ii) a lot rarer than people think, yet the media always report deaths on drugs as often as they can. I bet you didn't know for example, there's more chance of death riding a horse or eating a peanut than there is taking MDMA and LSD. If you have experience of drugs that allows you to make such statements then I could respect your views and have a sensible discussion but you come across as someone who simply listens to the gov., media, and people around them that DRUGS ARE BAD DRUGS ARE BAD DRUGS WILL KILL YOU.

Eating a peanut? really? Never knew that!

I kind of agree with the alcohol though, because it's legal, people seem to think it's not as harmful as some drugs.

Latest

Trending

Trending