Check out other Related discussions

Drugs- Your Experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samus2
Using gay as an insult... wow.

boo ****ing hoo
Reply 101
Original post by Captain Haddock
Ugh Talk To Frank is just awful. They grasp at every possible straw to make a drug seem bad, spouting off half truths without due elaboration, passing off extremely rare side effects as typical occurrences, failing to distinguish between MDMA and Ecstasy, and so on. Erowid is by far the best source for drug information on the internet as it approaches drugs in a mature scientific manner and actually attempts to reduce harm by providing detailed info that no government site ever would. This site has probably saved a lot of lives, or at least hospital visits. TTF is just crap that no drug user takes seriously anyway.

Trip reports on there are great to read. It really does just show how misinformed the media are.
Original post by icancount23
tl;dr

That's understandable, nobody likes to be shown they're talking ****.
Ive done MDMA and had nothing but good experiences with it. People ruin their brains and kill themselves when they don't know what they're doing. MDMA if taken in large doses 300mg+ is neurotoxic and this is what impairs your cognitive abilities (perhaps for the long term!) People also use it too often and in high doses which doesn't give the brain enough time to replenish itself. Alexander Shulgen the father of recreational MDMA use advises to wait 3 months between use, as the drug is serotogenic which means it needs serotonin in the brain for the effects to work. Your brain - unfortunately doesn't have an unlimited supply of serotonin therefore you need to wait for your brain to replenish its stocks (this is why people feel depressed a few days after use due to a lack of serotonin) and if you take this drug within the 'healing' time this is where you damage your axons and leads to increased unwanted effects i.e memory loss etc.

People also die on MDMA because of water consumption. They either don't drink enough and get dehydrated and die from seizures etc, or on the flipside, they drink too much and get water poisoning which is resulted from salts being dilated in the blood which causes the brain to swell against the cranium and people get seizures this way. The guideline amount of water consumption is 500-600ml an hour if dancing and take small sips not to gulp.

Furthermore, people die on MDMA or 'ecstacy' pills because they don't test their pills and usually there are fillers in the pill which when mixed can cause bad symptoms or even death. You can by marquis agents online for really cheap and you can ensure what you're taking is actually MDMA. You cannot overdose or die from the compound MDMA on it's own which is another misconception. It's other fillers such as piperzines that cause death.

I'm not trying to encourage MDMA use but it's people who don't do their research and take the drug in unsafe (excuse the irony) ways which cause the drug to get a bad name.

I'm trying to spread awareness and hope that if people do choose to take this common drug that they will do so in a sensible way.
(edited 11 years ago)
You didn't respond to me questioning why

that is ****ing gay and lame

Since when has "really?" been a substitute for "why?". Strong basic literacy skills.

If you must know, one of such experiences was spent on the shore of Lake Tahoe, Nevada, when I was 18, with my then-girlfriend. Utterly beautiful scene, and we spent most of the night relaxing there and "having fun". Awesome experience anyway, and the effects of THC simply enhance that.

Other experiences include exploration and experimentation with my music. Typically, getting high isn't great for actually producing or composing music. Since you tend to quickly bounce between ideas in that state - you lose focus easily. It's pretty counter productive since you never get much done. However with listening and/or watching (with film etc), it seems to give me a certain insight into patterns and texture in art, that doesn't seem as vivid normally. One of the pieces that landed me an unconditional offer for uni, was inspired by such insights.

Please go. Your judgements aren't welcome.
Reply 106
Original post by ellasmith
Ive done MDMA and had nothing but good experiences with it. People ruin their brains and kill themselves when they don't know what they're doing. MDMA if taken in large doses 300mg+ is neurotoxic and this is what impairs your cognitive abilities (perhaps for the long term!) People also use it too often and in high doses which doesn't give the brain enough time to replenish itself. Alexander Shulgen the father of recreational MDMA use advises to wait 3 months between use, as the drug is serotogenic which means it needs serotonin in the brain for the effects to work. Your brain - unfortunately doesn't have an unlimited supply of serotonin therefore you need to wait for your brain to replenish its stocks (this is why people feel depressed a few days after use due to a lack of serotonin) and if you take this drug within the 'healing' time this is where you damage your axons and leads to increased unwanted effects i.e memory loss etc.

People also die on MDMA because of water consumption. They either don't drink enough and get dehydrated and die from seizures etc, or on the flipside, they drink too much and get water poisoning which is resulted from salts being dilated in the blood which causes the brain to swell against the cranium and people get seizures this way. The guideline amount of water consumption is 500-600ml an hour if dancing and take small sips not to gulp.

I'm not trying to encourage MDMA use but it's people who don't do their research and take the drug in unsafe (excuse the irony) ways which cause the drug to get a bad name.

I'm trying to spread awareness and hope that if people do choose to take this common drug that they will do so in a sensible way.

^ this. With any drug, alcohol included. If you know your limits and you do your research, you'll be fine.
That's understandable, nobody likes to be shown they're talking ****.

That's okay, you keep banging tabs and thinking you're in some great voyage of self discovery. I fully support you doing this, just not under the guise that you're finding hidden truths.
Original post by NR09
Smoked weed many times, taken LSA (don't know what the little seeds are called) once which was fantastic. Me and a couple of mates also managed to get our hands on some salvia, but we were impatient and didn't know what to do with it, so we just rolled it into a joint and smoked it. Barely anything happened, I'm not even sure if it was genuinely salvia. So not much experience really.

I would try more it's just that this all happened when we weren't old enough to get into pubs or get sold alcohol, but now obviously that has taken over.

lol I don't know what salvia is but I remember reading that miley cyrus done it so lol @ you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2fmZ2C2CdA
Reply 109
That's okay, you keep banging tabs and thinking you're in some great voyage of self discovery. I fully support you doing this, just not under the guise that you're finding hidden truths.

That's okay, you keep talking absolute rubbish on something you have no idea about.
Reply 110
Original post by ilovefashion90
lol I don't know what salvia is but I remember reading that miley cyrus done it so lol @ you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2fmZ2C2CdA

It's a legal drug, originally a plant that causes some amazing effects/
Original post by Aisha~~

Since when has "really?" been a substitute for "why?". Strong basic literacy skills.

If you must know, one of such experiences was spent on the shore of Lake Tahoe, Nevada, when I was 18, with my then-girlfriend. Utterly beautiful scene, and we spent most of the night relaxing there and "having fun". Awesome experience anyway, and the effects of THC simply enhance that.

Other experiences include exploration and experimentation with my music. Typically, getting high isn't great for actually producing or composing music. Since you tend to quickly bounce between ideas in that state - you lose focus easily. It's pretty counter productive since you never get much done. However with listening and/or watching (with film etc), it seems to give me a certain insight into patterns and texture in art, that doesn't seem as vivid normally. One of the pieces that landed me an unconditional offer for uni, was inspired by such insights.

Please go. Your judgements aren't welcome.

You are so full of ****. Being by a lake in nevada with your gf would have been a pretty beautiful place to chill out regardless. THC would not have enhanced that in any way at all. It would just make you monged out, make you forget what you were thinking and perhaps make you hungry

'Insights into patterns and texture in art'? This is classic.
Reply 112
Original post by Aisha~~
Acid and weed are fun. Shrooms I'll try eventually. I don't touch anything synthetic.

But acid is synthetic.
Also can I just say, people who have a passionate hate and go out of their way to bad mouth users are just jealous and wish they had fun like us. :proud:
Original post by Samus2
That's okay, you keep talking absolute rubbish on something you have no idea about.

i've taken mushrooms, acid, dmt, 2cb. I take mdma every other weekend. I do it for fun not to have 'the most profound experiences in my life'.

You don't have to go on some magical journey of truth and enlightenment to find an experience 'profound'. You can have a profound experience without learning anything at all. I'd call some of my experiences profound purely because of how amazingly bat**** crazy they were. It's ridiculous what the mind is capable of experiencing.
Reply 116
i've taken mushrooms, acid, dmt, 2cb. I take mdma every other weekend. I do it for fun not to have 'the most profound experiences in my life'.

Reply 117

Maybe your brain isn't capable of profound thought.
You don't have to go on some magical journey of truth and enlightenment to find an experience 'profound'. You can have a profound experience without learning anything at all. I'd call some of my experiences profound purely because of how amazingly bat**** crazy they were. It's ridiculous what the mind is capable of experiencing.

Okay yeah, that's totally fair. Reality gets distorted to such a ridiculous level. Your vision can get so impaired that everything looks like it might be a cartoon. And whilst you're not sure of it at the time, the next day you'll know that you weren't in a cartoon. You'll know you were just sitting in a room with a few other people for hours not saying anything. And you'll know that in all that time you probably only had a few scrambled looping thoughts.
Original post by n00
Maybe your brain isn't capable of profound thought.

Maybe i manage these thoughts when i'm not totally ****ed, try it sometime!