The Student Room Group

BBC Sports Persaonality of the Year...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Panda Bear
Can we just give it to Team GB?

No ! Its sports personality, Team GB are a collection of personalities.
Original post by anon1212
No ! Its sports personality, Team GB are a collection of personalities.

I didn't know that...

My point is everyone's been great and it's far too close. Why do we have to pick just one?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
Team GB will win TEAM of the year
Reply 23
Original post by Panda Bear
I didn't know that...

My point is everyone's been great and it's far too close. Why do we have to pick just one?

Sure. I certainly think Wiggins and Farah's achievements are quite inseparable from each other, but are separable from the rest of the Olympians.
Reply 24
Has to be Wiggins but will probably be Ennis.
mo farah
I would be astounded if it was anyone else but Wiggins.
Mo.
Reply 28
Wiggins or Jess Ennis. Wiggins for his accomplishments, Ennis for her likeability.

Though Ainslie is well worth it.
Reply 29
I know him as Mohammad Farah!!
He is definitely the British equivalent of Muhammad Ali!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 30
Mo Farah or Jessica Ennis
So many deserving candidates for this years award but Wiggo surely has to just pip the others. The first ever British rider to win the Tour de France and then go onto win Olympic gold in the time trial only a week later, and not only winning but easily smashing the time of other competitors. He is a real character too and will continue to be a great ambassador for the sport for decades to come.

My punt at the top three:
1. Bradley Wiggins
2. Mo Farah
3. Jessica Ennis
Reply 32
Original post by 123maz
Mo Farah or Jessica Ennis

Don't be silly Jessica Ennis won't get a look in. Muhammad Farah has won two golds!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 33
Original post by BolloTheGorilla
So many deserving candidates for this years award but Wiggo surely has to just pip the others. The first ever British rider to win the Tour de France and then go onto win Olympic gold in the time trial only a week later, and not only winning but easily smashing the time of other competitors. He is a real character too and will continue to be a great ambassador for the sport for decades to come.

My punt at the top three:
1. Bradley Wiggins
2. Mo Farah
3. Jessica Ennis

Well said, spot on I think! :smile:
Has to be Mo Farah with the double
Reply 35
I don't think Jess should be in the top 3, because Murray has reached Wimbledon final, and won Olympic Gold and silver. Ennis has one Olympic gold which she achieved in fantastic style. But tennis is one of the most played, competitive and popular sports, and Murray has made 3 breakthroughs.
Too many to choose from, which is a good thing!
Reply 37
Wiggins=Mo>>>>>>>>Rest.
Wade Barrett imo
Reply 39
Mo Farah, Bradley Wiggins or Andy Murray

Has to be one of those three

Quick Reply

Latest