The Student Room Group

Massacre of Burmese Muslims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=cHTU1ZSxymc

Even the Aung San Suu Kyi who everyone talks about says nothing about it, just another stupid two faced leader.

Why does noone care about this?

I'm not just pointing a finger at the west , where is Saudi? Where is Pakistan etc? Surely with their military they could easily save them.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That video is heart breaking. The situation with the 'West' is complicated. Human Rights Watch director Phil Robertson said "the international community appears to be blinded by a romantic narrative of sweeping change in Burma, signing new trade deals and lifting sanctions even while the abuses continue." Basically Burma is claiming to be pursuing democracy & fixing human rights issues, which has so far placated the 'West'. However, damning reports like the ones from Amnesty International & HRW will hopefully expose those lies. Western nations do have the greatest power to help the Rohingya through the threat to reimpose the sanctions that the E.U lifted earlier this year though. We also mustn't forget that in the West no media coverage = no condemnation/action.

Pakistani & Saudi leaders have always been very selfish & their military might could obviously defeat the Burmese military but the repercussions would be catastrophic. Mass casualties would decimate the country & cause instability in the region, which would in turn would anger the international community. However, 4 days ago OIC urged the Muslim community around the world to give political, humanitarian & financial aid to the victims of violence in northwest Myanmar. It's something I guess.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Bangladesh is the worst culprit when it comes to helping these people.........

I can't believe that my families homeland can just close up the border and not want to help these persecuted people, it was about only 4 decades ago they were persecuted by Pakistan and India helped them. But when it comes to helping others they don't want to :mad:

"Three foreign aid groups barred from helping refugees fleeing violence in Myanmar, saying their work encourages influx." :angry:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2012/08/2012827524058965.html

Aung San Suu Kyi as well, how can she keep silent, once she got a place in Parliament she doesn't do anymore, she just cares about her own political position :mad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Iqbal007
Bangladesh is the worst culprit when it comes to helping these people.........

I can't believe that my families homeland can just close up the border and not want to help these persecuted people, it was about only 4 decades ago they were persecuted by Pakistan and India helped them. But when it comes to helping others they don't want to :mad:

"Three foreign aid groups barred from helping refugees fleeing violence in Myanmar, saying their work encourages influx." :angry:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2012/08/2012827524058965.html

Aung San Suu Kyi as well, how can she keep silent, once she got a place in Parliament she doesn't do anymore, she just cares about her own political position :mad:

Hang on, why are you after burma? If I'm not mistaken, the bangladeshi people have been persecuting the Buddhists in the Chittagong hill tracts since 1971. Stealing their land, raping their women, desecrating the Buddha temples and statues. Not to mention the hindus who are persecuted in Bangladesh, which is quite ungrateful since they (Indians) helped you with independance.

You're just mad because those burmese are muslims like you.

Revenge is a bitch isn't it?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 4metal
Why are you after burma? If I'm not mistaken, the bangladeshi people have been persecuting the Buddhists in the Chittagong hill tracts since 1971. Not to mention the hindus, which is quite ungrateful since they (Indians) helped you with independance.

Not all Indians are Hindus , I doubt India would've helped if Pakistan wasn't going to weakened as a result.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by IdeasForLife
Not all Indians are Hindus , I doubt India would've helped if Pakistan wasn't going to weakened as a result.

The majority of Indians are Hindus, right? It's called hindustan, right?
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour on the parts of both Bangladesh and Myanmar. I am however, slightly more sympathetic to Bangladesh, in that whilst it is absolutely abhorrent to block aid, it is understandable that they wouldn't want to take on yet more people given that Bangladesh can barely handle its current burgeoning population and spiralling poverty without adding to it more.

Aang SanSuu Kyi is nothing but a poster girl. A nice image of democracy that western leaders use for photo opportunities to be seen shaking hands with, but has little relation to the specific practical problems with Burmese infrastructure and politics. The sooner people realise that lauding this one individual around as the savoir of Burma is absolutely ridiculous, the better. By no means is she a bad individual, but if you're actually interested in helping the Burmese people, you're going to have to do a little more than have your picture taken shaking hands with a politician.
Original post by 4metal
The majority of Indians are Hindus, right? It's called hindustan, right?

Yes they call it Hindustan, the persecution is wrong but I don't really think the Indians did it to stop a massacre. If they persecute Muslims in their own country why would they bother to help Bangladesh just for saving a tonne of muslims.
Reply 8
Yes they call it Hindustan, the persecution is wrong but I don't really think the Indians did it to stop a massacre. If they persecute Muslims in their own country why would they bother to help Bangladesh just for saving a tonne of muslims.

Whatever the reason, the indians did gave a helping hand to bangladesh. Obviously indians hate muslims and didn't want those bangladeshi refugees pouring in if I'm not mistaken. The funny thing is, I hear bangladeshis and pakistanis migrate to india in large numbers despite being hated and spat upon. Why is that? What happened to muslims unity, considering that bangladesh broke away from pakistan? why are there so many muslims in india if they are being persecuted, why don't they move to pakistan? why do they want to work as slaves of the hindus?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour on the parts of both Bangladesh and Myanmar. I am however, slightly more sympathetic to Bangladesh, in that whilst it is absolutely abhorrent to block aid, it is understandable that they wouldn't want to take on yet more people given that Bangladesh can barely handle its current burgeoning population and spiralling poverty without adding to it more.

Aang SanSuu Kyi is nothing but a poster girl. A nice image of democracy that western leaders use for photo opportunities to be seen shaking hands with, but has little relation to the specific practical problems with Burmese infrastructure and politics. The sooner people realise that lauding this one individual around as the savoir of Burma is absolutely ridiculous, the better. By no means is she a bad individual, but if you're actually interested in helping the Burmese people, you're going to have to do a little more than have your picture taken shaking hands with a politician.

Obviosuly the Burmese hate muslims. It's their country and they have a right to kick them out if they want.
Original post by 4metal
Whatever the reason, the indians did gave a helping hand to bangladesh. Obviously indians hate muslims and didn't want those bangladeshirefugees pouring in if I'm not mistaken. The funny thing is, I hear bangladeshis and pakistanis migrate to india in large numbers ti despite being hated and spat upon. Why is that? What happened to muslims unity, considering that bangladesh broke away from pakistan? why are there so many muslims in india if they are being persecuted, why don't they move to pakistan? why do they want to work as slaves of the the hindus?

Yes I can really imagine 200m odd people moving away so easily.

Source for that bit, haven't really heard that tbh, only know about movie stars/singers go for shows and stuff but other then that :l
Original post by 4metal
Obviosuly the Burmese hate muslims. It's their country and they have a right to kick them out if they want.

How is it their country? The Muslims have also been there for quite a bit.
Its not like they moved there like 20-30 years ago and now they telling them to get out.
Reply 12
Yes I can really imagine 200m odd people moving away so easily.

Source for that bit, haven't really heard that tbh, only know about movie stars/singers go for shows and stuff but other then that :l

Seems those 200m people prefer to be slaves of the hindus rather than living in pakistan/bangladesh. Hmmmm....
Reply 13
How is it their country? The Muslims have also been there for quite a bit.
Its not like they moved there like 20-30 years ago and now they telling them to get out.

They are Bangladeshi muslims, they can surely go back to their own country. I seriously doubt Buddhists and Hindus want to live with muslims.

Since nobody has stopped persecution of Buddhists and Hindus in bangladesh, don't see any reason why muslims from across the border in Burma should not also be kicked out.
Original post by 4metal
Seems those 200m people prefer to be slaves of the hindus rather than living in pakistan/bangladesh. Hmmmm....

So your saying they are treated like slaves?

I can give quite a bit of evidence showing events of Muslim murders over the years, I think in one of them it said a government official was even in on it.
Original post by Iqbal007

I don't think she actually talked them even when they was under house arrest.
Reply 16
Original post by 4metal
Hang on, why are you after burma? If I'm not mistaken, the bangladeshi people have been persecuting the Buddhists in the Chittagong hill tracts since 1971. Stealing their land, raping their women, desecrating the Buddha temples and statues. Not to mention the hindus who are persecuted in Bangladesh, which is quite ungrateful since they (Indians) helped you with independance.

You made an excellent point there 4metal. Although I condemn the massacre, what I find disturbing is the amount of bias and twisting done by islamic organizations and media to try and paint this as a religious conflict. And then they go and complain that the Western media paints all muslims as terrorists. But they're doing just that with the Buddhists.
Islamic organizations imply that this is a religious conflict between Burmese Buddhists and Burmese Muslims. Utter bull****. This is a purely ethnic confrontation between Arakans and Rhohingyas, not a conflict of buddhists vs muslims, despite Islamic media insisting so. Neither group justifies their actions using their respective theologies.
I also find it ludicrous that some muslims expect Suu Kyi and the Dalai Lama to apologise/condemn these actions on behalf of all buddhists. WTF? When did they speak for all buddhists?

That being said, I find it strange how Muslims are vocal when the victims are Muslim but dead silent when the culprits are Muslim. I didn't hear them crying about injustice when Muslims were opening fire at Thai Buddhists last year and demanding a separate Islamic state?
Bottom line, it seems to me that they only care about human rights abuses when the victims are Muslim.
Reply 17
Original post by 4metal

The Rohingas have been living there for hundreds of years!
Reply 18
Original post by 4metal

Because this is what is happening currently in the news.
Firstly I have never heard of that story in all fairness, nor have I heard of any of those stories.
I'm upset because this is happening next to my parents homeland and they choose to ignore it,

oh ok, so now you know what I think about and my views :rolleyes:
I speak for myself, so stop s[peaking for me when you don't even know what i'm thinkin.

"Revenge".....it doesn't matter about that, so you think it's acceptable for them to kill them, wow speaks a lot about the kind of person you are.
Middle eastern countries are hardly the bastion of tolerance themselves you know...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending