The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
No one cares, it's your stuff and as long as you don't force it in someone's face why would it matter? Uni becomes your second home, and for some their only home.

I took a soft toy penguin called little barry :smile:
My boyfriend bought me Totoro, Catbus and a rilakkuma bear, so I'll be taking those :3
Definitely take it! I took one of my teddies, because I was dreading going and the thought of leaving EVERYTHING behind that comforted me was horrible.. so I took it with me. Some of the girls in my flat had several cuddly toys so I wouldn't worry about it. Nobody will say anything.
Original post by katehlouise
My boyfriend bought me Totoro, Catbus and a rilakkuma bear, so I'll be taking those :3

Repped for Catbus. Miyazaki must have been abusing something when he conceived of that.

Also, nobody gives a **** if you take a plush to university.
Reply 44
I'm in my twenties and I would take a teddy or something similar, if I was going away for uni.

Original post by katehlouise

Rilakkuma bear is so cute, loves it.
Reply 45
I have my Teddy at uni!

Even helped me pull one house party... good teddy :biggrin:
Reply 46
Take it, I doubt anyone will think anything of it beyond "that's nice". It's considered much weirder to have a room without any sentimental items in it - I know from personal experience...
Aww take him! There's nothing wrong with taking a teddy to uni, and besides, pigs are awesome :smile:

I'm taking my big toy rabbit and two teddy bears my boyfriend gave me :biggrin:
cat.jpg

I'll be taking my massive cat teddy....makes one hell of a cushion :h:
Reply 49
Original post by BeccaAnne94
cat.jpg

I'll be taking my massive cat teddy....makes one hell of a cushion :h:

Aww its so cute hehe :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Definitely take him! He looks awse :awesome: I wish I could take my teddies! Unfortunately ones a metre long shark and the other is a 1.5 metre long tiger... Yeah. I don't have space :frown: I might take along my more reasonably sized polar bear teddy though! :h:
Original post by amylea_94
Ive got lots of teddies but I want to take my teddy pig (called oink) to uni, dya think I should or would it be to embarrassing

Have you or would you??
Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e

I took a lot of teddies/cuddly toys to uni.

If its ok for me, its ok for you.
I took my security blanket...no one seemed to give a crap and really, a teddy appears to be more socially acceptable than an adult with a security blanket.
I took mine and nobody cared :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 54
I doubt anyone would seriously give you any bother over a teddy if nothing it'd probably be a few little jokes but nothing more so why not take it. A conversation starter atleast.
Reply 55
Don't see a problem with girls having teddy bears
Reply 56
aww i think its cute :smile:
Im a 6'3 19 year old boy and I'm taking 3 teddies.

Having already spent a year at uni, not a single person will have any **** to give.
Reply 58
Yes! I brought two, and was bought a third by a friend for Christmas. Nobody cared, and a few people commented that it was cute/that they wish they'd brought theirs. Whenever I've had people over they've usually wound up messing with them or cuddling them themselves. :tongue:

That, and it helps to personalise your room, and can be especially cool if it's got a story behind it.
Take it. You are thunder buddies for life. Do you have a thunder song too?

Latest

Trending

Trending