Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Lawyer guns down his sister in Pakistani court in new low for Honour Killings

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formerly Helpful_C)
    So? If the main perpetrators are Muslim, then it is an Islamic problem.

Using the argument that you did is just a cop-out to avoid being branded a "racist".
    So was the great train robbery a white problem? All white people need to apologise for the robbers actions? :dunce:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    I don't understand your post. Is he a piece of **** because you think he is an Indian Hindu or that he's a piece of **** who happens to be Indian Hindu (no association)?
    What I'm saying is that due to aforementioned characteristics clearly applying to 'Indo-Chinese...' It is therefore understandable why he would 1) doctor the original quote 2) post an inflammatory article to provoke such a reaction.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatepoems)
    What I'm saying is that due to aforementioned characteristics clearly applying to 'Indo-Chinese...' It is therefore understandable why he would 1) doctor the original quote 2) post an inflammatory article to provoke such a reaction.

And is the characteristic being Indian Hindu or not?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indo-Chinese Food)
    "So-called islamic honour killings by families who believe their daughters have disgraced them are increasingly common in Pakistan. But the gunning down last week of a woman by her brother, a lawyer, Javed Iqbal Shaikh in front of dozens of witnesses in a packed courtroom in the bustling city of Hyderabad marks an alarming new low."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...rriage-brother
    Dude, I gotta give you props for sneaking that in there.

"So-called honour killings by families who believe their daughters have disgraced them are increasingly common in Pakistan" - The acutal snippet. Come on now, you didn't think someone wouldn't notice?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indo-Chinese Food)
    "So-called islamic honour killings by families who believe their daughters have disgraced them are increasingly common in Pakistan. But the gunning down last week of a woman by her brother, a lawyer, Javed Iqbal Shaikh in front of dozens of witnesses in a packed courtroom in the bustling city of Hyderabad marks an alarming new low."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...rriage-brother
    Haha changing the quote to fit your views, you're pathetic lol
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuckingFut)
    So was the great train robbery a white problem? All white people need to apologise for the robbers actions? :dunce:
    1 Great Train Robbery versus, what, millions of honour killings? You may wish to use that emoticon on yourself if you think that you have presented a legitimate argument.

Once again, we have people chucking down utter dross to escape the main problem. I don't even care. It's not like I'm the one being killed for wanting to marry someone.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah yeah the OP snuck in the word "Islamic". We get it.

The real question is, how the hell did her brother sneak a gun into court? The security procedures must have been a joke.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Using the argument that you did is just a cop-out to avoid being branded a "racist".
    No, an Islamic problems suggests that the ideology promotes so called honour killings, that is factually wrong.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High VOLTAGE)
    No, an Islamic problems suggests that the ideology promotes so called honour killings, that is factually wrong.
    To you.

To me, an Islamic problem is one that primarily affects the adherents. Which, this does.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow inserting "Islamic" into the article. Bloody hell.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP is a disingenuous prat for inserting his words in to a quote in order to suit his own anti-Islamic narrative.

The phenomenon was less to do with "cultural and social practices" and more to do with "the complete absence of the rule of law".
    I agree with this.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is strictly a cultural issue, not an Islamic one. "O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness..." (Qur'an, 4:19)
    Muslims =/= Islam. The Holocaust was caused by Christians. That must mean Christianity is to be blamed for it all, right?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

But if Islam has happened to be spread to these areas where culture in which honour killings exist, is it really a problem of Islam as a community?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To you.

To me, an Islamic problem is one that primarily affects the adherents. Which, this does.
    Cool, so you have no proof Islam teaches these terrible acts?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oiseaux)
    This is strictly a cultural issue, not an Islamic one. "O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness..." (Qur'an, 4:19)
    Muslims =/= Islam. The Holocaust was caused by Christians. That must mean Christianity is to be blamed for it all, right?
    The difference between culture and religion is one that many people, either on purpose or by their own ignorance fail to understand *sigh*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trouble is tho if we start saying how things should be in pakistan what argument do we have against pakistanis who think their culture is better and want an islamic europe? It means we can be painted as the aggressor. Id boot them out of the commonwealth and leave them to it. It ridiculous them being in it anyway while they train terrorists to kill our troops and hide bin laden.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green.tea)
    Trouble is tho if we start saying how things should be in pakistan what argument do we have against pakistanis who think their culture is better and want an islamic europe? It means we can be painted as the aggressor. Id boot them out of the commonwealth and leave them to it. It ridiculous them being in it anyway while they train terrorists to kill our troops and hide bin laden.
    You don't sound very happy about what's you think is going on in Pakistan . Because a group of utter di******* decide they want to represent a while community of people and inherent Pakistan as there place of residence does that mean the whole of Pakistan is to suffer? And I highly doubt Pakistan hid binladin and before you go into conspiracy theory's let me remind you that there are enough conspiracies to even deny that America killed or even found bin laden in Pakistan so please don't be a ignorant t**t and learn to appreciate the good things about other people and not just go with what your local newspaper headline says chances are its b******t.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awyk)
    You don't sound very happy about what's you think is going on in Pakistan . Because a group of utter di******* decide they want to represent a while community of people and inherent Pakistan as there place of residence does that mean the whole of Pakistan is to suffer? And I highly doubt Pakistan hid binladin and before you go into conspiracy theory's let me remind you that there are enough conspiracies to even deny that America killed or even found bin laden in Pakistan so please don't be a ignorant t**t and learn to appreciate the good things about other people and not just go with what your local newspaper headline says chances are its b******t.
    Oh ok. We'll complain, sanction, threaten, present our ideas through media and do our best to argue your ideas down while preventing you from taking measures to counter our influence until all your women are getting drunk and wearing mini skirts/liberated if you'd prefer.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High VOLTAGE)
    Cool, so you have no proof Islam teaches these terrible acts?
    Quote where I said that Islam teaches this. I want those exact words. No inferring. No anything other than 'Islam teaches honour killings'.

I await an apology.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    And is the characteristic being Indian Hindu or not?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 8, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.