Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I dunno if my food was contaminated

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I ordered a burger, chips and nuggets at my local cafe. The guy who was cooking it was putting raw bacon on the grill thingy with tongs and afterwards with the same tongs (I think..) he scooped my freshly cooked nuggets and chips from the fryer into a polystyrene case. I thought you handled cooked and raw food with separate utensils? I've eaten at this cafe loads of times before but I've never gotten ill. But from what I saw in the past the guy used to just dump the chips into the case and then give it to me as opposed to using tongs...

Should I be worried? What's the worst thing I can get from it?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're fine.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think technically you're meant to use separate tongs, but most places get lazy and don't bother. It's just an overprecaution - you'll be fine.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    I ordered a burger, chips and nuggets at my local cafe. The guy who was cooking it was putting raw bacon on the grill thingy with tongs and afterwards with the same tongs (I think..) he scooped my freshly cooked nuggets and chips from the fryer into a polystyrene case. I thought you handled cooked and raw food with separate utensils? I've eaten at this cafe loads of times before but I've never gotten ill. But from what I saw in the past the guy used to just dump the chips into the case and then give it to me as opposed to using tongs...

Should I be worried? What's the worst thing I can get from it?
    bacon is normally cured and the tongs were exposed to heat, you're fine.

More to the point, why did you need a burger, chips and nuggets for lunch?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll probably be fine.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    I think technically you're meant to use separate tongs, but most places get lazy and don't bother. It's just an overprecaution - you'll be fine.
    I'll wait a few days and see how it goes...but if I get food poisoning then I'll persuade my friends to not go there again

(Original post by crocker710)
    bacon is normally cured and the tongs were exposed to heat, you're fine.

More to the point, why did you need a burger, chips and nuggets for lunch?
    Oh fair enough. And because I woke up at like 9 and didn't eat until now so I was hungry AF. Besides they do a £3 deal which includes those three...the portions are small anyway before you get any ideas
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it might have been contaminated with polonium-210, the Russians are onto you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would go to a doctor ASAP, he should give you a shot of adrenaline so you don't go into cardiac arrest. When you get back, make sure you don't make anymore ****ty threads like this and you should be fine!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 6, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.