Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Turnitin

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Turnitin says my report is 23% similar to the contents stored in their database. Is this figure high enough for my institution to be suspicious and take action or something? The thing is that all the "matched" text I have properly referenced. And plus Turnitin picked up some of the reference itself on the originality report.

I'm using it for the first time, so please advice and reassure an overly paranoid student.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't cheated then you have nothing to worry about. It's almost impossible for you to flag up as a cheat if you didn't.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tycho)
    If you haven't cheated then you have nothing to worry about. It's almost impossible for you to flag up as a cheat if you didn't.
    Thanks!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    the program just automatically flags up stuff that is similar then a person from the university will check over flagged things. If the similar stuff is properly referenced as you say and you have not cheated the person who checks it over will see that.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    the program just automatically flags up stuff that is similar then a person from the university will check over flagged things. If the similar stuff is properly referenced as you say and you have not cheated the person who checks it over will see that.
    Thanks! My confidence is building up, its just that I am very paranoid about these kinda things..

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 6, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.