Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best of the E4 imports

Announcements Posted on
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hiiiiiii

So, since Friends was given ze chop, e4 have brought over a lot of different comedy shows to fill up the slots, and I wanted to see how people felt about them.

~ Don't trust the b*tch in apartment 24
    ~ The big bang theory
    ~ 2 broke girls
    ~ New girl
    ~ Revenge
    ~ Suburgutory
    ~ Perfect couples
    ~ How I met your mother
    ~ Rules of engagement
    etc

Personally I loved the first three seasons of HIMYM, but it's gone so downhill
    Enjoying suburgutory so far!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's been more then three seasons. Check it out online. It's on like it 6 or 7th I think

Also, you missed Big Bang Theory!

Suburgutory is pretty good, suprisingly and I love Zooey Deschannel so I can't not love New Girl.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Big bang theory is better than all, although possibly on par with how I met your mother. But yeah most of the American imports are over advertised and **** and its called don't trust the bull**** in apartment 23.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I watch all of those mentioned in the list, except from the last three. They are all awesome shows and cannot wait for the new seasons.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love the Big bang theory, new girl and revenge - in my opinion, they're the best of E4's imports.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love The Big Bang Theory but the rest I just don't like, I'm not that into that many comedy shows I honestly find the drama shows with the puns here and there funnier tbh e.g. Being Human
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    How i met your mother is awsome.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinguN18)
    There's been more then three seasons. Check it out online. It's on like it 6 or 7th I think

Also, you missed Big Bang Theory!

Suburgutory is pretty good, suprisingly and I love Zooey Deschannel so I can't not love New Girl.
    Yeah, I've seen all the seasons of HIMYM, but it's gone downhill, the first three are gold though.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish they'd just cut to the chase and tell us who the mother is already. I hate Ted, even though the show is primarily about him, he ruins it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're all terrible
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    ~ Don't trust the b*tch in apartment 23* (not 24)
    This show was just horrible. it was boring, and humorless.
    ~ The big bang theory
    Overrated, use a lot of forced humour & very repetitive.
    ~ 2 broke girls
    Better than I originally thought it would be. A lot of sexual references which no other show dares use
    ~ New girl
    Very funny, although it can get quite boring watching the same episode more than once.
    ~ Revenge
    Was actually a great series. Interesting, can be hard to follow, more of a drama which is original to e4
    ~ Suburgutory
    Funnier than I thought it would be, looks like it could be a very successful show
    ~ Perfect couples
    This show was just.. wow. I only saw one episode then it suddenly stopped being aired so I can't state my opinion.
    ~ How I met your mother
    I love this show, its funny, although I dislike the main character there's a very sexually active character which can never be a bad thing.
    ~ Rules of engagement
    Great show. Recently started getting into it, its funny and has completely different plots to other shows.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    ~ Don't trust the b*tch in apartment 23* (not 24)
    This show was just horrible. it was boring, and humorless.
    ~ The big bang theory
    Overrated, use a lot of forced humour & very repetitive.
    ~ 2 broke girls
    Better than I originally thought it would be. A lot of sexual references which no other show dares use
    ~ New girl
    Very funny, although it can get quite boring watching the same episode more than once.
    ~ Revenge
    Was actually a great series. Interesting, can be hard to follow, more of a drama which is original to e4
    ~ Suburgutory
    Funnier than I thought it would be, looks like it could be a very successful show
    ~ Perfect couples
    This show was just.. wow. I only saw one episode then it suddenly stopped being aired so I can't state my opinion.
    ~ How I met your mother
    I love this show, its funny, although I dislike the main character there's a very sexually active character which can never be a bad thing.
    ~ Rules of engagement
    Great show. Recently started getting into it, its funny and has completely different plots to other shows.
    I know, he's such an over-emotional wimp-douche right :mob:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Am I weird for finding HIMYM extremely unfunny?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    I know, he's such an over-emotional wimp-douche right :mob:
    Exactly what I think. All he does is complain, its quite draining actually.
    (Original post by Retro.spex)
    Am I weird for finding HIMYM extremely unfunny?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    If you find it extremely unfunny, then I'd say yeah.. it can be hilarious at time, and then it could be a mood killer aswell
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    2 Broke girls is awesome, Kat Dennings is an amazing actress.
    Revenge is thought provoking and different

These two really stand out for me, i'm not usually a fan of american tv, but i do like these :yep:

I have tried to watch 'rules of engagement' but switched off after about 4 seconds of that irritating 'English' guy came on. Stereotype much?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only one I watch regularly is TBBT.

New girl completely revolves around Zooey's character, and that puts me off it. She isn't particularly talented or good looking and it feels like she just has a massive ego because she has a TV show to herself.
    HIMYM has an intriguing plot, so I like to know what is going on, but it is not funny at all. It is probably the most unfunny comedy on E4 at the moment.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rules of Engagement is the only one of those I watch, and it is ****ing hilarious.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Love HIMYM :love: as much as it goes downhill... I'll still watch it to the end.

Also like New Girl, Suburgatory and TBBT not a fan of any of the others, though admittedly I've not even watched half of them... it might just be me, but for quite a few of the programmes, the adverts E4 showed just made them seem really bad/unfunny, so I never bothered to watch.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    suburgatory is so good! Kinda gone off new girl now....

Want to try revenge but it looks a little cheesy.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    suburgatory is so good! Kinda gone off new girl now....

Want to try revenge but it looks a little cheesy.

Yes! "In revenge, as in life, every action has an equal and opposite reaction" **** me!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 10, 2012
New on TSR

A-level mocks revision

Chat about your study tips

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.