Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

would COD guys be able to play halo reach for more than an hour without rage quitting

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    It would be a much better system where you the damage you cause is rewarded with a % of health.
    the current system works fine. don't fix it if it aint broke

The reason these games are considered to have no skill are precisely because they reward camping.
    lol, camping on halo reach is impossible. the first person to get 25 kills (FFA) wins, and maps are really small (guaranteed action).. this is a game where u want have to be out there to **** ppl up

Also CoD is very unbalanced weapon wise, its the smart people who choose those "noob" weapons to win. I do know Athene is trolling but this argument of how **** he is, mean come on now, its really not hard to aim shoot and within a matter of miliseconds they are dead. CoD isn't a competitive game at the mid to high level. If you want a high level competitive shooter, try Counter Strike. Lots of money in that one
    i played counterstrike from the ages of 8-14 lol, u don't need to remind me about it like i'm some sort of gaming rookie

Don't think Halo is much better than COD, because it isn't, the top FPS games are precisely about survival tactics, the top players in CS and Quake do not just jump into 1v1 combat because that's not how the modes work.
    haven't played quake for years so i forget what the main objective (if any) was.. i remember it being fun but my obsession for cs at the time was too strong

what i do know about CS is that u get specced after every death until the round is finished. THAT is why survival tactics were important in that game (that and the fact that a it was a TEAM game). if it was about planting/defusing bombs and u were allowed to die/respawn constantly there would be a lot less surviving and more rushing.

cs is a completely different game to unreal tournament/halo, why should every FPS have to be like counterstrike to be considered fun? i know for a fact u have never played halo reach.. to say it's not a skill game is ridiculous lol

You have a lot to learn about the top FPS games. Lookout for Reborn btw, 2GD is developing it.
    i get the impression that ur a scrawny white virgin who wears 500mm thick glasses and has zits all over his face. relax urself rofl, let ur mouse/controller do the talking or just stfu. ur getting offended for some reason, i could care less if u have studied every first person shooter to a point where u try and gloat about it like it makes u look cool
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    No no no no no.

It's not 'realistic'.

Try playing Arma 2/Operation Flashpoint/Project Reality then report back to me
    Arma is a simulator, not a game.

I have tried playing arma, requirements are too high.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    btw i consider halo reach to be more skillful than cs1.6 (even though cs1.6 is the best FPS to ever exist imo)

they have a different balance of skill/fun. u could fluke a 1v1 in cs (all it takes is 1 shot to the head) but never in halo, cs1.6 was just more fun

nothing like a good ol' deagle duel
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Even if it was released earlier, Halo is just a bad version of Tribes. The problem with halo is that it's dull. CoD is actually entertaining for a bit. And if I'm looking for a "skilled" fps I definitely wouldn't go to Halo first.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think that COD or Halo should be mentioned in comparison to great games like the Battlefield series and CS(to a lesser extent CSS. Zombie mod is fantastic.)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamie092)
    Even if it was released earlier, Halo is just a bad version of Tribes. The problem with halo is that it's dull. CoD is actually entertaining for a bit. And if I'm looking for a "skilled" fps I definitely wouldn't go to Halo first.
    right.. hiding inside buildings with claymores and dying to 1 bullet by a person u don't even see on ur screen definitely seems a lot more fun than constantly being involved in intense firefights

so what would u go for? i dont play halo to test my l33t FPS skillz, the fact that it requires a good degree of skill (COD = no skill whatsoever) is what makes it fun, for me anyway. halo is all about aim, dodge and timing, COD is about hiding like a pussy and picking ur moments to vulch lol.. only rooks enjoy playing like that
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by downSyndromeGuy)
    the current system works fine. don't fix it if it aint broke

lol, camping on halo reach is impossible. the first person to get 25 kills (FFA) wins, and maps are really small (guaranteed action).. this is a game where u want have to be out there to **** ppl up

i played counterstrike from the ages of 8-14 lol, u don't need to remind me about it like i'm some sort of gaming rookie

haven't played quake for years so i forget what the main objective (if any) was.. i remember it being fun but my obsession for cs at the time was too strong

what i do know about CS is that u get specced after every death until the round is finished. THAT is why survival tactics were important in that game (that and the fact that a it was a TEAM game). if it was about planting/defusing bombs and u were allowed to die/respawn constantly there would be a lot less surviving and more rushing.

cs is a completely different game to unreal tournament/halo, why should every FPS have to be like counterstrike to be considered fun? i know for a fact u have never played halo reach.. to say it's not a skill game is ridiculous lol

i get the impression that ur a scrawny white virgin who wears 500mm thick glasses and has zits all over his face. relax urself rofl, let ur mouse/controller do the talking or just stfu. ur getting offended for some reason, i could care less if u have studied every first person shooter to a point where u try and gloat about it like it makes u look cool
    The current system does work fine, but don't ever expect it to be considered a system close to E-Sport classification. I've rarely played Halo Reach yes, but FFA isn't a competitive game mode, you are you adding irrelevant things to your argument, are you trying to convince me Halo takes skill? Because mentioning FFA doesn't do anything to help your point. Playing for 6 years is all well and good, but you should know better than most then, Halo isn't on the same level. The Objective for Quake it map domination, simple, dominate and the frags will come easy enough, that's only Duel though, which is the most competitive mode and the only one worth playing once you're good. Quake is nothing like CS, and no game has to be like CS to be fun, COD is fun if I want to get a 30-0 score, I'm sure we were talking about skill no? Since when was the topic fun, if you claimed Halo to be fun, I wouldn't have said anything, fun is subjective, I think Chess if fun, I wonder if you do? :p: I've rarely played Halo, on PC, all I know is if you have good aim you'll win, it's easy enough to drop people. I also prefer mechanics in CS and Quake in particular, bunny hopping and strafing/rocket jumping, just add another dimension to the game.

*Sigh* I'm Asian, I wear contacts, and yes I am a virgin and my skin is better than most, but why should that matter? :p: I thought you'd actually argue sensibly but it seems you're the pissed one. I wasn't trying to gloat, it's likely I do know more, but I was simply trying to give you some advice, Reborn is tipped to be Quakes successor since 2GD has great vision and will be contacting many Quake pros such as Cypher, Rapha and Strenx.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think Gears of War or Battlefield would be a bigger test.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The current system does work fine, but don't ever expect it to be considered a system close to E-Sport classification. I've rarely played Halo Reach yes, but FFA isn't a competitive game mode, you are you adding irrelevant things to your argument, are you trying to convince me Halo takes skill? Because mentioning FFA doesn't do anything to help your point.
    no u fool, FFA was just the game mode i was describing as an example. u claimed halo is about camping (which is stupid because there's literally nowhere to hide in any map) and i told u that the first to reach 25 kills wins the round in an FFA so camping is pointless

in team slayer (4v4) the first team to reach 50 kills combined wins so again it's pointless to camp and nobody does it on this game

"i've rarely played halo reach" aka "i played it once and kept dying"

it is one of the most skillful FPS' out there atm lol, how can u deny that halo reach takes a lot of skill? if u dueled me on that game u have no idea how silly i'd make u look

Playing for 6 years is all well and good, but you should know better than most then, Halo isn't on the same level.
    kid, do u have a mental disease? i've been saying all thread long that cs1.6 is the best FPS i've ever played

COD is fun if I want to get a 30-0 score, I'm sure we were talking about skill no? Since when was the topic fun, if you claimed Halo to be fun, I wouldn't have said anything, fun is subjective, I think Chess if fun, I wonder if you do? :p:
    getting a 30-0 score on COD is not fun. good luck spending 90% of the round in a building or hiding behind some sort of obstacle.

yes the topic was skill. halo reach requires a lot of skill if u want to be a good player. u aim, u dodge, u jump, u time ur shots, the higher up the body u shoot the more dmg u do, it takes like 5 headshots to kill someone which reduces luck factor etc.

and yeah i'm a beast at chess. it's not the same, intense fun u get from playing a first person shooter, it's more of a satisfying kind of fun. look at u comparing chess to halo, cute
    I've rarely played Halo, on PC, all I know is if you have good aim you'll win, it's easy enough to drop people. I also prefer mechanics in CS and Quake in particular, bunny hopping and strafing/rocket jumping, just add another dimension to the game.
    i play it on xbox, same game anyway. it's not easy to drop people, and it's not all about having good aim lol. u need to be able to dodge aswell. i was fighting someone earlier that i just could not hit, he was jumping and strafing all over the place and completely destroyed me.

lets talk about the game when u've actually played it eh? i refuse to be trolled

*Sigh* I'm Asian, I wear contacts, and yes I am a virgin and my skin is better than most, but why should that matter? :p: I thought you'd actually argue sensibly but it seems you're the pissed one. I wasn't trying to gloat, it's likely I do know more, but I was simply trying to give you some advice, Reborn is tipped to be Quakes successor since 2GD has great vision and will be contacting many Quake pros such as Cypher, Rapha and Strenx.
    i'm pissed because ur a complete idiot lol. i'm basically asking the generic question "what would happen if somebody who plays a non-skill FPS game started playing a skill-based FPS game?" then u start going on about halo being a trash game and how u know more about first person shooters than me. it's completely irrelevant and u need to chill
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    btw most skillful and most fun game of all time, played it for 10 years before sony took it down:

• 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    But in COD you can do this,

• 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I play both Halo Reach and COD, as well as Battlefield 3. I think you are overestimating the skill required for Halo. My experience is "quickest to get to the Banshee, laser and sniper".
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    no u fool, FFA was just the game mode i was describing as an example. u claimed halo is about camping (which is stupid because there's literally nowhere to hide in any map) and i told u that the first to reach 25 kills wins the round in an FFA so camping is pointless

in team slayer (4v4) the first team to reach 50 kills combined wins so again it's pointless to camp and nobody does it on this game

"i've rarely played halo reach" aka "i played it once and kept dying"

it is one of the most skillful FPS' out there atm lol, how can u deny that halo reach takes a lot of skill? if u dueled me on that game u have no idea how silly i'd make u look

kid, do u have a mental disease? i've been saying all thread long that cs1.6 is the best FPS i've ever played

getting a 30-0 score on COD is not fun. good luck spending 90% of the round in a building or hiding behind some sort of obstacle.

yes the topic was skill. halo reach requires a lot of skill if u want to be a good player. u aim, u dodge, u jump, u time ur shots, the higher up the body u shoot the more dmg u do, it takes like 5 headshots to kill someone which reduces luck factor etc.

and yeah i'm a beast at chess. it's not the same, intense fun u get from playing a first person shooter, it's more of a satisfying kind of fun. look at u comparing chess to halo, cute
    i play it on xbox, same game anyway. it's not easy to drop people, and it's not all about having good aim lol. u need to be able to dodge aswell. i was fighting someone earlier that i just could not hit, he was jumping and strafing all over the place and completely destroyed me.

lets talk about the game when u've actually played it eh?

i'm pissed because ur a complete idiot lol. i'm basically asking the generic question "what would happen if somebody who plays a non-skill FPS game started playing a skill-based FPS game?" then u start going on about halo being a trash game and how u know more about first person shooters than me. it's completely irrelevant and u need to chill
    That's why I hate playing games where health regen is present, tactics go out the window, you kill them, then wait to heal. No, I've rarely played Halo Reach, I don't enjoy the mechanics of the game nearly as much as Quake, I've stopped playing CS too, but I give credit where credit is due, and where Halo is concerned credit is due in a very small quantity. Like I said, fun is subjective, you may not think it's fun, I like winning, so may think it is. If you think Halo is so skillful find someone who shares your opinion, because right now you're a lone wolf, you probably would make me look silly, because... I rarely play it. -_- Aiming, dodging, timing, it all falls under one category, movement. Those principles all apple to other game too, except in Quake map knowledge, item timing, and map control is also essential, that's what gives it a major edge, and like I've already stated, superior physics. That's awesome, chess is epic. Pay attention to what I write, I never compared them at all, that was a reference to subjective fun. Compared to Quake it's VERY easy to drop people, you need to stop comparing to COD, because it's not worth comparing to, saying a game takes more skill than COD means pretty much nothing. I wouldn't say I'm a COMPLETE idiot, just check my sig ^_^, you need some brains for maths at Warwick. Halo's not a trash game, just don't drop it into the same pile as CS or Quake, likewise, I'll be the first to say it's superior to COD, but I emphasis not by much. And I never claimed to know more initially, I just mentioned Reborn and you raged. It is irrelevant, like I said, I was trying to give some friendly advice, take it or don't take it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    I play both Halo Reach and COD, as well as Battlefield 3. I think you are overestimating the skill required for Halo. My experience is "quickest to get to the Banshee, laser and sniper".
    the true test of skill is how long u can hold on to those weapons for.. u get hunted by the whole lobby as soon as u pick up one of those things

ofcourse its a skill game lol, u can never fluke a 1v1 cos the better player will always win
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    the true test of skill is how long u can hold on to those weapons for.. u get hunted by the whole lobby as soon as u pick up one of those things

ofcourse its a skill game lol, u can never fluke a 1v1 cos the better player will always win
    I'm saying that holding off entire teams with those weapons is still fairly easy, because of how incredibly overpowered they are. 30+ kill streaks in Banshees are common.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's why I hate playing games where health regen is present, tactics go out the window, you kill them, then wait to heal.
    no they don't, by tactics do u mean shooting someone in the back when he's low from killing his previous opponent? btw team slayer is all about tactics.. why do u talk like u know the game if u've only played it once? if halo was that kind of game u'd die after every kill. how are u meant to get killing sprees if ur low after every fight?

are u that bad at games that u need ur opponent to be low for u to kill him? all that talk about skill has come to this rofl

and health regen isn't present in halo, gg nerd. ur shield can regenerate but ur health can't (unless u go to a health pack - this is where map awareness comes in to it)

No, I've rarely played Halo Reach, I don't enjoy the mechanics of the game nearly as much as Quake, I've stopped playing CS too, but I give credit where credit is due, and where Halo is concerned credit is due in a very small quantity.
    i'm not arguing that halo reach is the best game in the world. i'm using it as an example of a skill-based game. u immediately got offended and started writing essays on games that require more skill, which is irrelevant because it feeds my original point either way

If you think Halo is so skillful find someone who shares your opinion, because right now you're a lone wolf
    really? does someone have to post "OMG I AGREE HALO IS SO SKILLFUL" for that to be the case? lol.. ur one of the only people on the thread even disputing that it's a skill-based game

Aiming, dodging, timing, it all falls under one category, movement. Those principles all apple to other game too, except in Quake map knowledge, item timing, and map control is also essential, that's what gives it a major edge, and like I've already stated, superior physics. That's awesome, chess is epic.
    the fact that the "movement" category has more entries than most other FPS' says it all really.

bro i don't care if u think quake is a better game, why do u constantly make ur own points to argue against

Compared to Quake it's VERY easy to drop people, you need to stop comparing to COD, because it's not worth comparing to
    which also means its VERY easy to die.. do u see how those 2 cancel each other out, making ur argument retarded

Halo's not a trash game, just don't drop it into the same pile as CS or Quake
    when did i say halo is as good as cs/quake? have another look at the title of the thread lol, ur arguing with urself.

i don't remember much about quake but yes, halo is more skillful than cs. it's not as fun though, which is why cs>halo

And I never claimed to know more initially, I just mentioned Reborn and you raged. It is irrelevant, like I said, I was trying to give some friendly advice, take it or don't take it.
    u certainly implied it. i didn't rage lol, i just trolled u back and clearly hit a nerve since u wrote a paragraph back telling the world that ur a sad asian virgin. pick up that maths book and get off TSR kid
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    I'm saying that holding off entire teams with those weapons is still fairly easy, because of how incredibly overpowered they are. 30+ kill streaks in Banshees are common.
    most game modes don't even have vehicles. the most popular are team slayer and rumble pit, ur talking about a tiny part of the game here lol.. thats like saying COD is all about helicopters cos some dude spreed in a chopper gunner

ofcourse flying around in an overpowered spaceship doesn't require skill - that one spaceship doesn't represent the game though. i've never even used/have been killed by a banshee so lets stick to the other 99%. if i 1v1'd u right now the winner would be the most skillful player
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    no they don't. team slayer is all about tactics, lol.. why do u talk like u know the game if u've only played it once? how are u meant to get killing sprees if ur low after every fight?

and health regen isn't present in halo, gg nerd. ur shield can regenerate but ur health can't (unless u go to a health pack - this is where map awareness comes in to it)

i'm not arguing that halo reach is the best game in the world. i'm using it as an example of a skill-based game. u immediately got offended and started writing essays on games that require more skill, which is irrelevant because it feeds my original point either way

really? does someone have to post "OMG I AGREE HALO IS SO SKILLFUL" for that to be the case? lol.. ur one of the only people on the thread even disputing that it's a skill-based game

the fact that the "movement" category has more entries than most other FPS' says it all really.

bro i don't care if u think quake is a better game, why do u constantly make ur own points to argue against

which also means its VERY easy to die.. do u see how those 2 cancel each other out, making ur argument retarded

when did i say halo is as good as cs/quake? have another look at the title of the thread lol, ur arguing with urself.

i don't remember much about quake but yes, halo is more skillful than cs. it's not as fun though, which is why cs>halo

u certainly implied it. i didn't rage lol, i just trolled u back and clearly hit a nerve since u wrote a paragraph back telling the world that ur a sad asian virgin. pick up that maths book and get off TSR kid
    I don't talk like I know the game, but after playing a few times it's easy enough to know you can drop players like flies. And why do you care about killing sprees? In what competitive E-Sport FPS does anyone go on a killing spree? *_* No, I'm fairly certain health CAN regenerate. I can see why you would think a few lines counts as an essay, you seem to be lacking in the brain department, I suppose you just Halo all day. :p: I'm only mentioning Quake and even CS because you seem to think Halo requires more skill, which is absurd! Also, do you ever realize how weak the player base is?! In one post you specifically wrote Halo/Unreal/Quake/CS, hence summing them up into the same group in terms of skill. It might be very easy to die that just leaves the game open to more chance! Wouldn't you rather want to win knowing you didn't just get a few lucky shots?I wasn't trolling you, I was genuinely trying to be nice, and who cares? I'm a prospective math student at a top uni, what the hell are you? Some blithering retard that'll probably never make it to ANY uni.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

I don't talk like I know the game, but after playing a few times it's easy enough to know you can drop players like flies.
    when i first played halo on xbox the game got me sweating, i struggled to kill anyone.. also see page 1 or 2, a COD player said he doesn't play the game because "halo is TOOOOOOO hard"

i doubt u were dropping players like flies lmfao

And why do you care about killing sprees? In what competitive E-Sport FPS does anyone go on a killing spree? *_*
    what the **** is an e-sport? step out ur front door man u must be the biggest gaming addict in the UK. i doubt all "e-sport" games are the same. halo is all about little things like kill sprees, kill frenzies, triple kills etc.

ur essentially in a small arena and u fight it out, if u play halo ur looking to dominate the lobby. there's no "last man standing" so kills/sprees is all ur playing for really

No, I'm fairly certain health CAN regenerate.
    since u know absolutely nothing about the game, let me educate u on it a bit.. u have 2 bars: a shield bar and a health bar. for ur opponent to take away health he must first drain ur shield. after u kill him/stop firing ur shield will regenerate, but ur health will stay as it is. any damage he did can't be reversed unless u go to a health pack (u gotta know the map a bit)

u have obviously never played the game lol, why am i allowing myself to get trolled like this

:p: I'm only mentioning Quake and even CS because you seem to think Halo requires more skill, which is absurd! Also, do you ever realize how weak the player base is?! In one post you specifically wrote Halo/Unreal/Quake/CS, hence summing them up into the same group in terms of skill.
    i said halo requires more skill than cs, and it does. anyone who has played both will tell u that this is the case, they're both skillful games the only reason cs is better is because it's more FUN

no, i put them in the same group because they are all skill-games. once again ur making ur own points to argue against lol

and halo has a pretty good player base on xbox btw

Wouldn't you rather want to win knowing you didn't just get a few lucky shots?
    yes, that's why i play halo. it takes like 5 shots to the head with a DMR (a gun that fires at pistol rate) to drop someone. u try headshotting someone 5 times in a row while they're jumping and strafing all over ur screen, see how easy it is. u seem to think it's like COD where 1 bullet kills lol, why dont u actually play the game then u can comment about it

I wasn't trolling you, I was genuinely trying to be nice, and who cares? I'm a prospective math student at a top uni, what the hell are you? Some blithering retard that'll probably never make it to ANY uni.
    im an undergraduate computer science student at a top uni. i know more about ur own degree than u do, double A in maths+further maths in college and 72% on my first year uni maths module

try harder though, its cute.. i find it funny how u think the only possible accomplishment in life is to get good grades rofl. in 10 years time we're gonna be sweating our faces off working 9-5 jobs while chavs lay a couple bricks twice a week and get by fine
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    i play COD probably every other day and halo maybe a couple of times a month. mostly because i dislike the xbox controller, and also because i play with a clan on COD and enjoy having a laugh.
    i actually didnt realise that so many people seem to camp!! theyre the ones that annoy me most, and so are the first to die

i dont quite get why people hate on COD so much, it does require skill and tactics (as there are clearly people who do much better at it), just not the same specific set as other games.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 13, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis have the poshest students?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.