The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

oo thx for the info, please let me know if is the book above!! bcos i will be getting it if it is =)
Reply 21
Yeah that looks like the book, though I'm surprised, it says it doesnt contain all the information you need to be aware of, when in the book it says it has all the content guidance from the specification.. Woops, oh well, worked anyway. And dont listen to it saying its not a last minute crammer, it soooo is..
Reply 22
Popa Dom
Yeah that looks like the book, though I'm surprised, it says it doesnt contain all the information you need to be aware of, when in the book it says it has all the content guidance from the specification.. Woops, oh well, worked anyway. And dont listen to it saying its not a last minute crammer, it soooo is..

I agree the yellow philip allan update is great....whats like 100 pages in chemical ideas is like 40 pages in there and it filters out all the crap! Since you all do salters, does anyone how much synoptic stuff is in this last unit? is it like 90% MD/CD etc and 10% previous modules or what?
The last unit is seriously synoptic, as long as we are talking about the last A2 unit yes? I've done trillions of past papers now and they will bring in pretty much anything from previous modules. But really...you should remember the majority of stuff anyway..hopefully! The yellow book is the shizniz, but also this baby:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0435583476/qid=1147123187/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-3792328-4300406
They have an AS version also which pretty much single handidly got me 1 mark of an A in the Chemistry AS. Though I would say you should use both the yellow book and the one stated above to get total coverage.
Reply 24
Gothic_Nightmares
The last unit is seriously synoptic, as long as we are talking about the last A2 unit yes? I've done trillions of past papers now and they will bring in pretty much anything from previous modules. But really...you should remember the majority of stuff anyway..hopefully! The yellow book is the shizniz, but also this baby:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0435583476/qid=1147123187/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-3792328-4300406
They have an AS version also which pretty much single handidly got me 1 mark of an A in the Chemistry AS. Though I would say you should use both the yellow book and the one stated above to get total coverage.

Yeh I've got that one careful with it, its got quite a few mistakes in it. I think somewhere in the lattice enthalpy bit. But it is still a good book. Yellow ones better though :biggrin:
Did anyone ever have any luck getting past papers?
I have some downloaded at home, so if anyone wanted I could send them via email/messenger?
Richy:
Yeah there are friggin millions of mistakes in that book, but oh well,

Latest