The Student Room Group

Reccommend an easy AS/A-Level to self learn

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by 16dan2life
Economics
I had the worst teacher ever, I literally self-taught myself AS Economics and it wasn't that difficult

I'll provide you with AS Economics notes if you want, don't hesitate to ask me if you want help with economics.

Split between geography and economics, I think I'll go for geography though, simply because the A2 looks much more easier. So maybe I'll be able to do the whole A-level in a year?
Reply 41
most modules are 4 modules. Nothing wrong with wanting to do an extra subject. I did. Made up for the lack of subject choice I got at GCSE with teacher/parent involvement with those parent teacher meetings. Psychology over business studies because I needed the teacher to go through the case studies in depth.
Like a lot of other people I'd recommend Geography or maybe ICT, I don't study ICT but a girl in my year picked up the entire A Level in year 13 due to illness at AS and still managed to get an A.

Also, even though General Studies isn't accepted by all universities, I'd recommend taking it if you're just looking for a bit of a grade boost. Nobody in our year did any revision as we weren't assigned any lessons for the subject, but were still obliged to take it- our teachers just advised us to read the papers and watch the news in the run up to the exam. Considering you'd have to put in very little time prior to the exam it might be worth doing just to show you have some critical thinking and essay writing skills. Plus, a friend last year missed an offer from Edinburgh to do Languages by one grade, but they accepted her anyway and stated that it was partially to do with her A in General Studies (despite the fact her original offer didn't include the subject). Obviously it's not going to be life changing in its importance but it takes up so little time you might as well consider it.
Reply 43
Environmental Studies. Am currently home-schooling my daughter and she got a C on her first mock, having never studied it before. Offered by AQA as a private candidate.
Reply 44
Help on A-Level Selection - ACCOUNTANCY

16 / doing GCSE's
Want to go into the field of Accountancy/business/finance
Current grade 2A* 5A 3B 1C

Think of doing;

Mathematics (A-Level A2)
Economics (A-Level A2)
Gov. & Politics. (A-Level A2)
Geography (AS dropped**)

Or Physcology a2 or Business Btec (L3)

Help? Advice? 😃🙏