2.09%
    Yes - for £50,000
    2.79%
    Yes - for £100,000 +
    19.16%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    Suppose they're wearing body armour everywhere except the head. Suppose your only option is kill or be killed.

What then?
    Still not kill or be killed.

You can hit them in face with the but of the gun to knock them out.

OR if you knew a martial art like Krav Maga then you would disarm them of the knife and then just knock them out.

Or you could just run away(it would seem a bit silly if you had the gun).

My point is its never kill or be kill.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sorta depends if you think they deserve to die.

(Original post by wenger16)
    Still not kill or be killed.

You can hit them in face with the but of the gun to knock them out.

OR if you knew a martial art like Krav Maga then you would disarm them of the knife and then just knock them out.

Or you could just run away(it would seem a bit silly if you had the gun).

My point is its never kill or be kill.

Yeah. Okay. >_>
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends i wouldn't kill an innocent civilian especially children/woman. That would haunt you for the rest of your life but i would kill someone who is considered a threat to save more lives

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I could never intentionally kill someone! If my life was in danger I would defend myself and in doing so might accidentally kill someone.

However in Skyrim being in the dark brotherhood is so fun!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dobrzynski)
    I'd shoot them in the legs.
    And if somebody had a gun and were going to kill you, and shooting them in the legs doesn't guarantee that they'll be unable to finish you off, and you don't have a good enough aim to shoot their hands, then you're just going to let them kill you? Assuming that they're too far away for you to disarm/incapacitate them in any other manner, i.e. by hand.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisIsTheLife)
    And if somebody had a gun and were going to kill you, and shooting them in the legs doesn't guarantee that they'll be unable to finish you off, and you don't have a good enough aim to shoot their hands, then you're just going to let them kill you? Assuming that they're too far away for you to disarm/incapacitate them in any other manner, i.e. by hand.
    run away or hide? or throw the gun at them so they get disorientated? or charge at them and then knock them out. or play dead??

Theres always too many variables; theres no situation where you would have to kill.

Even in the most extreme situation.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I value my life and years and future career too much to gamble it for a few k.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wenger16)
    run away or hide? or throw the gun at them so they get disorientated? or charge at them and then knock them out. or play dead??

Theres always too many variables; theres no situation where you would have to kill.

Even in the most extreme situation.
    There is no running or hiding. You're in an open field which stretches for miles, and your assailant is atop a high hill, with full view of the surrounding landscape. There is nowhere you can go and not be killed by his sniper.

You can't through your gun at him because he's simply too high up and too far away, but you DO have your own sniper and you have him in your sights. You never know when he's going to shoot, so the sooner you act to disarm him, the higher chance you have of not being shot. But as I say, if you shoot him somewhere non-lethal like the legs, there's no guarantee that he rendered completely unable to kill you, and you only have one bullet. You can aim for the hand, but than that might just set off his gun whilst aimed squarely at you.

I know it's a ludicrous situation, but these are the types of hypotheticals one must come up with in order to truly test a moral statement. If not, then we might find that your moral statement is bounded by certain situations and is not absolute... in which case we must find the boundary.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    £1
    I'd be the poundland of Hitman
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    True but irrelevant. The fact of the matter is I would try to stop them, but never kill them.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    One hundred billion dollars
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dr-evil.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	167260
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is no running or hiding. You're in an open field which stretches for miles, and your assailant is atop a high hill, with full view of the surrounding landscape. There is nowhere you can go and not be killed by his sniper.

You can't through your gun at him because he's simply too high up and too far away, but you DO have your own sniper and you have him in your sights. You never know when he's going to shoot, so the sooner you act to disarm him, the higher chance you have of not being shot. But as I say, if you shoot him somewhere non-lethal like the legs, there's no guarantee that he rendered completely unable to kill you, and you only have one bullet. You can aim for the hand, but than that might just set off his gun whilst aimed squarely at you.

I know it's a ludicrous situation, but these are the types of hypotheticals one must come up with in order to truly test a moral statement. If not, then we might find that your moral statement is bounded by certain situations and is not absolute... in which case we must find the boundary.
    Oh brilliant we both have snipers. Well shoot him in the hand and then roll away simultaneously. Or maybe shoot him while he aims at you so your bullet jams his gun barrel and problemo solved.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cool it would be like a mission.

Is there any chance of being caught?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your options are too low.

Depending on who you asked me to kill and offering enough I am sure I would do it.

1 million to kill some brutal child rapist for example, sure I'd do that. 1 million to kill an innocent, no way.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1337camper)
    i would do it for 50p
    well I would do it for 1p. Haha I beat you!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where is the : "Free, depending on what they did" option? :confused:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dobrzynski)
    I'd shoot them in the legs.
    Yeah because that's how people really act in that situation.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    No amount of money could ever take away a guilty consciense of killing a person.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starrstruck)
    No amount of money could ever take away a guilty consciense of killing a person.
    Reminds me of MacBeth.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anythingoo1)
    Reminds me of MacBeth.
    Lol, I've only realised now that you've told me

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 31, 2012
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.