Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I have Trich...

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It started when I began puberty and I began pulling my pubic hairs out. I now have periods of when I do it, I pull out hairs on my legs, armpits, eyebrows, eyelashes (all the time) and pubic hair. I don't know why I do it, sometimes I can sit there for hours at a time pulling them out and I don't even realize I'm doing it for so long. Does this sound like Trich? Should I go see a psychiatrist? I'm already on antidepressants for an ED and depression, but I've never spoken to anyone about this before (I'm 18 now).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, go see a psychiatrist.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi, It would definitely be worthwhile to go and see your GP and explain what you've been experiencing, as they will be able to best asses the situation and recommend appropriate treatment.

xx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Trich is now thought to be linked to anxiety. Psychiatry isn't needed... it's not something you need to have diagnosed. You either know you have it or you don't. Simple as. See if you can get referred to a therapist. Some treatments help (apparently). But I wouldn't know. I'm a nineteen year old Trichster for the past eight years. No mental health professional has been able to help me.

Yeah. Sorry for you to hear that.
    I'm eighteen and I have it too. I haven't really ever managed to stop it though, although I haven't had a great deal of professional help. I have bad times with it and better times :P Good luck!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 22, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.