Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Have you used this book?

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1841...342071&sr=1-11

Would it be any use in terms of helping me learn biology from scratch?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I used this last year Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSHS44_xlge.gif 
Views:	36 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	167236 Which includes Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I recommend it (I got A* in chemistry and predicted that in Biology and Physics, I'll soon find out).

In terms of learning Biology from scratch, these books are better for revisiting what you have done already in class. It would prepare you and give you a feel for the syllabus, but I would just say to wait until your actually being taught.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The reason I need something which will teach me it from scratch is because I was home schooled for the gcse years and only completed some in college this past year, but non of those were science related and I would like to do biology but as I know absolutely nothing I would prefer to know some basics first
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Everything you need is in them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's good for biology however if you don't do triple science and you only do core or additional then i suggest you get a different book as the separate books include unit 7 which triple science students only do

trust me, i do/did triple science :sigh:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've used those books and they are brilliant! However, when revising from those books, learn every detail (even those which you think are not important or briefly look over) since when I was revising for my exams, everything I needed to know from the specification was written in those books.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always recommend CGP for GCSE level revision. They seem to get just the right tone and explain things really well. A shame this doesn't hold above GCSE level though.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    I always recommend CGP for GCSE level revision. They seem to get just the right tone and explain things really well. A shame this doesn't hold above GCSE level though.
    Which revision guides would you recommend for A level out of interest?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Which revision guides would you recommend for A level out of interest?
    For maths and further maths, I recommend this series of books: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-L...ref=pd_sim_b_1. For science, I got by well on my standard school textbook, but to be honest for A-Level science the best method is probably to get the specification and use a combination of the textbook and the internet.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies guys

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 10, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.