Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

02 Fiat Punto, Gold Three Door (1.2L) Your thoughts?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so my brother is getting me a fiat punto gold, three door, 1.2L...

Not my ideal choice, (wanted a corsa) but i'll stick it out for a year..

So basically the question I'm asking has anyone driven one of these before, if so, what your thoughts on clutch control, and the overall driving of the car.

I have a wiered phobia of not liking cars like this, I prefere new model cars and I feel like I'll struggle to drive this car. :rolleyes:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is there a reason you aren't going to go look at it and drive it for yourself first?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I drive the same car, an 03 3 door punto, chose it over the Corsa as I prefer the looks. Overall the car drives well, my dad thinks so too and clutch control isn't too bad but does take some getting use to.
    Not hard to drive at all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fiat..

Fix
    It
    Again
    Tomorrow

My puntos caused me nothing but problems (since I got it last september). It cost me £500~ and i've spent nearly £800 in repairs. touch wood it hasnt developed a problem in the last 5 months. But i'm gonna get a new car when my renewals up.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have only had one experience of a fiat, and that was a grande punto as a hire car on holiday. The rear door handle came off when we tried to open it so we had to swap it for another car.

I wouldn't buy a fiat, also gold, really, a colour that is so close to piss yellow. I wouldn't risk it.

I was looking at cars on autotrader and peaguots (sp) are around the same price. I would go for one of those instead.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fiat's are not as well built as the french cars. And french cars are not as well built as German cars. (My opinion.)

I wouldn't personally buy a fiat, unless it was a 126 or early panda 4x4, maybe a x19... (these are classics but still not that well built).

Fiats appear to be made cheaply, and are cheap to buy, run, repair (i think), and cheapish on insurance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robertall)
    Fiat's are not as well built as the french cars. And french cars are not as well built as German cars. (My opinion.)

I wouldn't personally buy a fiat, unless it was a 126 or early panda 4x4, maybe a x19... (these are classics but still not that well built).

Fiats appear to be made cheaply, and are cheap to buy, run, repair (i think), and cheapish on insurance.
    not cheapish on insurance!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueUnitedFan)
    Ok, so my brother is getting me a fiat punto gold, three door, 1.2L...

Not my ideal choice, (wanted a corsa) but i'll stick it out for a year..

So basically the question I'm asking has anyone driven one of these before, if so, what your thoughts on clutch control, and the overall driving of the car.

I have a wiered phobia of not liking cars like this, I prefere new model cars and I feel like I'll struggle to drive this car. :rolleyes:
    I think yours will be two or three years younger than this beauty, but it's almost a classic car. Not long until you stop paying road tax.
    To answer your question, I imagine it drives like a dream. I'm sure the handling will be like a classic Jag.

• 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocker710)
    I think yours will be two or three years younger than this beauty, but it's almost a classic car. Not long until you stop paying road tax.
    To answer your question, I imagine it drives like a dream. I'm sure the handling will be like a classic Jag.

Well done.

Its not even a Punto in the pic you posted. Kudos.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone gets their ideal choice first out.
    Have a go and see where you get. It's basically a fiat 500 anyway. I have driven one of those and they are pretty good for a city car.
    See what happens. It'll probably be fine!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomrw)
    not cheapish on insurance!
    Oh right, i am currently driving a Volvo estate cos it is cheap to insure. I now like it cos it is big, economical (diesel) and reliable, and cream leather. Plus plenty of mod cons.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    I don't think anyone gets their ideal choice first out.
    Have a go and see where you get. It's basically a fiat 500 anyway. I have driven one of those and they are pretty good for a city car.
    See what happens. It'll probably be fine!
    The 500 is no where near a Punto, it is based on a Panda platform which was an all new chassis when it was launched. Shares near zero parts as well other than the odd switches and engines.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 8, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.