Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
[INDENT]Firm uni: Oxford Brookes
Offer Grades: BBC
Course: Anthropology/ Philosophy
Actual Grades: ABB
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: UEA, Kent, Sheffield
Offer/s received? UEA and Kent
Offer accepted? Kent- Archaeological and Classical studies with Religious studies
How easy/straightforward was it? Very, Kent was online and the lecturers rang back very soon! However I havn't got the enrolment package yet and it's looking unlikley i'm going to get accommodation... but getting accepted was easy enough
Your reaction: I cant wait to start! It's rather far away but the course modules look perfect. I didn't want to go to my firm or do that course so I am very happy with the result[/INDENT]

Reply 21
Original post by oxymoronic
If you registered for Adjustment, let us know how you got on! :smile:

So I originally had an offer from The University of Birmingham, but declined it...woopsy.

Firm uni: Loughborough
Offer Grades: ABB
Course: Geography F800
Actual Grades: A*AB
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: University of Birmingham
Offer/s received? Yup
Offer accepted? Yup
How easy/straightforward was it? Much easier than anticipated. Called up in a shaky, nervous state to be greeted by a lovely lady. Expected questions such as 'why did you originally decline etc etc?', however she immediately said they would definitely make me an offer.
Your reaction: YAY :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by ToyosiBaby
Firm Uni: Nottingham Trent
Offer Grades: ABC
Course: LLB Law
Actual Grades: ABB
Uni(s) applied to through Adjustment: University of Reading, University of Leicester, University of Birmingham
Offer(s) recieved: University of Leicester and University of Birmingham
Offer Accepted: University of Birmingham
How easy/straightforward was it: Extremely easy and straightforward. Took 5 minutes literally. I took the opportune moment a few days before to look at future adjustment/clearing numbers
Your Reaction: THIS IS SURREAL!!!!!!!!! DREAMS CAN HAPPEN! :biggrin:

hi there, if I may ask, did you do your LNAT? because if im not mistaken that uni of birmingham requires its applicant to sit for LNAT isnt it? so through the adjustment they also asked for LNAT score?
Reply 23
Original post by intelchaliph
hi there, if I may ask, did you do your LNAT? because if im not mistaken that uni of birmingham requires its applicant to sit for LNAT isnt it? so through the adjustment they also asked for LNAT score?

it's a different case for adjustment applicants as their grades are already known. the lnat was just a tool to decide which applicants to pick when everyone's results weren't even known yet.
Reply 24
Firm uni: Birmingham
Offer Grades: AA
Course:Law
Actual Grades:A*A*A* Dist* B (Lnat 22)
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Kings College, Queen Mary, Durham.
Offer/s received? Queen Mary, Durham.
Offer accepted? Durham.
How easy/straightforward was it? Kings was quite easy to as they were quick to say they had no vacancies. Queen Mary offered me a place over the phone however I was unsure so I declined it. Durham were tricky in that when I first rang up the Law department they made it clear that they would not be offering places to people who had not applied. However I called the central admissions department later in the day and was able to register for adjustment. This was all completed on results day itself and I received an offer at the end of the last day of adjustment (talk about cutting it fine!). Apart from that I had no correspondence from Durham so at times I was nervous that they had not even received my application!
Your reaction: At first I was thinking about reapplying next year however after contemplating re-sitting the LNAT, practicing for interviews and having a year out I decided that an offer from Durham would be something I would accept gratefully!
Reply 25
Original post by Noggster
Firm uni: Birmingham
Offer Grades: AA
Course:Law
Actual Grades:A*A*A* Dist* B (Lnat 22)
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Kings College, Queen Mary, Durham.
Offer/s received? Queen Mary, Durham.
Offer accepted? Durham.
How easy/straightforward was it? Kings was quite easy to as they were quick to say they had no vacancies. Queen Mary offered me a place over the phone however I was unsure so I declined it. Durham were tricky in that when I first rang up the Law department they made it clear that they would not be offering places to people who had not applied. However I called the central admissions department later in the day and was able to register for adjustment. This was all completed on results day itself and I received an offer at the end of the last day of adjustment (talk about cutting it fine!). Apart from that I had no correspondence from Durham so at times I was nervous that they had not even received my application!
Your reaction: At first I was thinking about reapplying next year however after contemplating re-sitting the LNAT, practicing for interviews and having a year out I decided that an offer from Durham would be something I would accept gratefully!

you beast.
Original post by intelchaliph

I flopped the LNAT..but they do not require you to have the LNAT for adjustment, however, this may change and I may have been accepted due to certain circumstances. However, I know that UoB are now asking that students achieve the grades A*AA which is higher than before so they may be changing this.
Reply 27
Original post by Crawfords
Firm uni: Newcastle University
Offer Grades: AAA
Course: English Literature
Actual Grades: A*A*A
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: Newcastle University
Offer/s received? Combined Honours (English Literature and Philosophy)
Offer accepted? Yep
How easy/straightforward was it? Very, just rang and asked if i could adjust my course and it was sorted there and then
Your reaction: Feel great, really love Newcastle, and glad i can carry on with both subjects for another few years :biggrin:

Ah so you can adjust course at the same uni? Did you need to register through UCAS for adjustment? I'm thinking I might adjust course at the uni I'm currently holding a firm at, but I need to wait till results are out before I can decide :frown:
Reply 28
Hey can Im applying to kings college through adjustment , can I please private message you to Hear about your experience ?
Original post by Teni__
Hey can Im applying to kings college through adjustment , can I please private message you to Hear about your experience ?

This thread is 3 years old and most of the participants have moved on.

Is there something specific you want to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teni__

Adjustment is only available to applicants who have met and exceeded their firm offer, and it is open for five days from results day, so you can't apply now.
Original post by Zainchawdry
Firm uni: SOAS
Course: Law
Actual Grades: A*AA
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: LSE, UCL, Warwick, Kings College London
Offer/s received: Kings College London for History/English/Geography - Law Department are going to get back to me
Offer accepted: None yet
How easy/straightforward was it: Fairly straightforward, you ask for any vacancies in your desired course, and they say yes or no, simples.
Your reaction: Meh

Hi there did kings college see your LNAT score when they offer you a place?
Hi there do kings college see your LNAT score when they gave you a place in adjustment ? Thanks
Original post by MeganTeoh
Hi there do kings college see your LNAT score when they gave you a place in adjustment ? Thanks

All universities have access to your full UCAS application.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
All universities have access to your full UCAS application.

The LNAT score won't be on the UCAS application. King's will have access because they subscribe to LNAT. It doesn't mean they will look it up. LNAT universities will give places in clearing and adjustment to people who haven't sat LNAT.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nulli tertius
The LNAT score won't be on the UCAS application. King's will have access because they subscribe to LNAT. It doesn't mean they will look it up. LNAT universities will give places in clearing and adjustment to people who haven't sat LNAT.

Fine. They can find it if they want to. Whether they want to or not is up to them.
Original post by Zainchawdry
Firm uni: SOAS
Course: Law
Actual Grades: A*AA
Uni/s applied to through Adjustment: LSE, UCL, Warwick, Kings College London
Offer/s received: Kings College London for History/English/Geography - Law Department are going to get back to me
Offer accepted: None yet
How easy/straightforward was it: Fairly straightforward, you ask for any vacancies in your desired course, and they say yes or no, simples.
Your reaction: Meh

Hey sorry to resurrect this chat but did you get your offer for Law or not? I'm applying for Law also, I didn't know it was possible to get an offer for a different course ie History if your personal statement was all about Law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending