The Student Room Group

When to apply for Drama School?

So I'm fairly confident with my application and once I've got my Personal Statement checked over a few times at school I should be fine. But once I'm ready, should I apply straight away to get the earliest audition dates or do I wait until say November?

I've been told most places are awarded in the middle of the auditions so do I wait or apply early before the audition panels have got bored?
Hi, which Drama schools will you be applying to?

If you're applying via. UCAS, then submit your application on the normal submission date.
If not, then I'm not sure :/
Reply 2
Original post by Deank
Hi, which Drama schools will you be applying to?

If you're applying via. UCAS, then submit your application on the normal submission date.
If not, then I'm not sure :/

UCAS are: Italia Conti, Drama Centre, East 15 and maybe Rose Bruford

Direct: ArtsEd, ALRA, Bristol Old Vic, BSA and maybe Oxford

It's just do I apply like in September or leave it a bit? Don't they give you audition days based on when you apply?

Are you applying this year? (:
I'd contact the ones you need to speak to directly, and then just apply for the UCAS ones via UCAS normally.

When you apply via. UCAS, expect an audition within 2 weeks of submitting your application. I'm applying to CSSD, UWL and Rose Bruford (all UCAS).
Reply 4
Original post by Deank
I'd contact the ones you need to speak to directly, and then just apply for the UCAS ones via UCAS normally.

When you apply via. UCAS, expect an audition within 2 weeks of submitting your application. I'm applying to CSSD, UWL and Rose Bruford (all UCAS).

Thank youu!!! Maybe see you at auditions then (:
Possibly =]

What course do you hope to do?
Reply 6
Original post by Deank
Possibly =]

What course do you hope to do?

Mainly looking at BA Acting apart from ArtsEd which is BA Acting for Film and Television and then I'll look into Rose Bruford's European and American Theatre Arts courses, you? (:
Ah cool. I'm looking into BA Musical Theatre courses (although I'm not the best dancer tbh), so I might consider Actor Musician or straight BA Acting. Just got my As Results, kind of failed. Only got a B in drama, my coursework let me down :angry:
Reply 8
Don't worry my whole class has just got awful grades, I got a D and the others got Ds and Es only one person got a C. Not having the best day :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by GirlCalledRuth
Don't worry my whole class has just got awful grades, I got a D and the others got Ds and Es only one person got a C. Not having the best day :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

What exam board?
Original post by Deank
What exam board?

AQA I think..

Quick Reply

Latest