The Student Room Group

If you could afford any road car...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ashtoreth
loooool...

it needs to be said that there's not a single unsexy aston martin ever ever made! used to live in brentwood where there was a showroom and i swear it was obligatory that i licked the windows as i went by:colondollar:

they are truly beautiful things!

The Lagonda may be an exception, but let's just say it's beautiful for its uniqeness! :biggrin:

aston-martin-lagonda-1.jpg
Original post by SpiggyTopes
The Lagonda may be an exception, but let's just say it's beautiful for its uniqeness! :biggrin:

aston-martin-lagonda-1.jpg

loool...yeah, i can go with that:tongue:
Mclaren F1.
Reply 23
Reply 24
Original post by h4mza

The doors are a tad impractical.
Reply 25
loooool...

it needs to be said that there's not a single unsexy aston martin ever ever made! used to live in brentwood where there was a showroom and i swear it was obligatory that i licked the windows as i went by:colondollar:

they are truly beautiful things!

Ahem let's not forget this 'thing' either.ImageUploadedByStudent Room1344442774.522263.jpg
Porsche Boxster S :daydreaming:
Porsche.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)

aston martin - vanquish

Wow, thats making me rethink my choice, its pretty stunning :smile:
Original post by Double-Dee
Ahem let's not forget this 'thing' either.ImageUploadedByStudent Room1344442774.522263.jpg

awwwww but look how CUTE and all little buddha-like it is!

gonna refer u to spiggytopes's words...it's beautiful in its uniqueness :tongue:

looool
Original post by Picture~Perfect
Wow, thats making me rethink my choice, its pretty stunning :smile:

isn't it? i liked yours too btw! :smile:
Reply 30
VW Golf. My personality does the talking... not my car.
BMW M5.

Or a Jaaaaaaaag XFR.

I'm nursing a semi just thinking about them.

Oh and they have about 35mpg combined I think. Which is nice.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by hepplump
VW Golf. My personality does the talking... not my car.

Yes but you're completely missing the point that many of these cars are extremely fun to drive and fun to be inside!
Reply 33
Now there is a question! If I was being sensible, then it would have to be the best E39 M5 I could find. The best one they ever made in my opinion:

If I wasn't, then either a 1969 Boss 429 Mustang or a 1970 Dodge Charger Daytona:

Oh yes :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

ETA - why?

Well the E39 is in my opinion the best one they have ever made. It is subtle enough to fly under the radar, but incredibly quick with a well balanced chassis so a proper drivers car too. Comfortable, four doors, and to the untrained eye - just another 5 series.

The most important thing? It comes with a manual transmission and a 5.0 V8.

The Boss 429 is one of my favourite muscle cars - it is basically a "detuned" (very easy to re tune apparently) NASCAR racing engine in a road car. It barely fits in the engine bay, and is utterly stupid and unnecessary. The best thing about it was that Ford rated it at 375 bhp, but they actually make over 500 bhp in reality - they just lied to get round high insurance costs at the time! You don't get things like that any more, and it sounds incredible. A 429ci V8 with a manual gearbox is not to be argued with!

The Plymouth Superbird was the first car to crack 200 mph on an enclosed track (well, technically it was the Dodge Charger Daytona which is pretty much the same car) and that rear wing is functional at very high speeds - so much so that these cars were actually banned from NASCAR racing because they kept winning everything. And the horn sounds like the road runner cartoon, it has pop up headlights, a 440ci V8 with a manual gearbox, and a huge spoiler. What more could you possibly want?!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by College_Dropout
Lamborghini Aventador. Comes fitted with a pussy magnet.

^This
Reply 35
Pearl P50. Who WOULDN'T want one of these?

p50.jpg
Reply 36
Original post by 1992LP

If I wasn't, then either a 1969 Boss 429 Mustang or a 1970 Dodge Charger Daytona:

Holy crap that 429 looks sexy!
Reply 37
Jaguar E-Type

etype2.jpg

Aston Martin DB5

astonmartindb5-frontside.jpg

Mercedes 300SL

Mercedes-300SL_1518098c.jpg

Mercedes 190E (My more realistic choice)

merc.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Ooh, I'm so tempted to say this:

http://graphics.nytimes.com/images/2007/06/07/automobiles/533-griffith.jpg

TVR Griffith. They're getting a bit old now, but they're still fast by today's standards. Exciting, powerful and so stylish.

But other contenders would include an early 90s BMW M5, Jag E-type series 1, Lotus Evora, Aston Martin DB9 ...
Reply 39
Original post by Maxima
Holy crap that 429 looks sexy!

Pretty nice eh? :biggrin:

Just listen to that noise :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlKkds2Lhx8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending