The Student Room Group

Best shampoo/conditioner for curly hair

Hi,

I recently bought a silicone free shampoo and conditoner from the hairdressers. I think Its called 'catwalk - curlesque' but I find although it makes my hair soft, it seems to make my hair look a bit dull and dry. John Freida frizz ease for curly hair I find quite good but i think it has silicone in it.

What shampoo/conditoner do you use to amplify your curls? I can't seem to find a good one :s
If you look on 'British Curlies' there's a thread with high-street shops that sell suitable products. This thread here.

Myself, I use Naked kids at the moment - it's great. It's actually 2in1 shampoo. I also quite liked boots honey and jojoba intensive hair mask as a conditioner.

Oh, another good thing to do is to buy microfibre towels to dry your hair with. You can get them from poundshops!
What I do is scrunch my hair up and then sort of put it in a bun at the top of my head, wrapped in the towel (just around the bun as they are small). After 15 minutes or so i'll take it down and scrunch again, and try to get most of the water out. Then I'll just leave to dry. Makes my curls bigger, and stops my hair from going completely flat at the top!
(edited 11 years ago)
Pro naturals moroccan argan oil shampoo and conditioner, they work incredibly well for curls :smile: Helps a ton with frizz too and I don't usually have to use anything after to make my hair shiny, remember to rinse with cold water so your hair can shine naturally!
I have natural curly hair and I find using normal fruity 2 quid shampoo and conditioner the same as using branded hair salon products. However, I do use Aussie curly shamp/cond. because it was on offer which is pretty good but I find doing an hot olive oil treatment more beneficial for dry/dull or starting to die hahaa.
Best I have ever used is Pro Naturals... :h:pro-naturals-kit_13.jpg
Reply 5
Sometimes I use Aussie 3 minute miracle. It helps to repair some of the damage done to my hair but when I lack volume or body in my hair, I use Superdrugs own brand of volumising dry shampoo. It is only £1 and comes in a blue and silver can, great value for money :smile:
I prefer to use a cowash. Coconut Cowash by As I AM to be specific. Keeps my hair curly and detangled whereas shampoo does the opposite and usually cannot be reversed just by adding a regular conditioner. So cowash all the way for me, and the occasional use of baby shampoo.
Best shampoos I've found are Joico KPAK, Seanik by Lush & Bumble & Bumble Surf Foam.

I don't use conditioner as it weighs down my hair & it's in good enough condition not to use it really as I let it dry naturally & as a rule don't use heated tools.
Pro Naturals makes the best in my opinion...
headnshoulders 2 in1 for curly

bc i cba to put conditioner in seperately lol
Bedhead is the best shampoo and conditioner for any hair! It also smells like heaven literally so washing your hair isnt as much a chore.....especialy if you have really thick long hair. Before i descovered bedhead shampoo i used to hate washing my hair and now i look forward. Wow i never thought i would write that!
The best I've used is the shampoo and conditioner from Pro Naturals :h: :colondollar:
Pro Naturals is my fave!

Latest