The Student Room Group

Emotional about Leaving School

basically for the seven years ive been at school ivebeen counting the days until i leave and now there is basically a month left ive been finding myself REALLY emotional over leaving school moreso than i have been over anything in my whole life. as i walk down every corridor another memory basically flashes in my mind and i really want to cry. i dont know what the hell im gonna do after school (not physically, i do have plans go to uni, but its on the other side of england). im gonna miss everything about school everything is so pleasent and laid back and the teachers are the coolest.

i just wanna know if there is anyone in the same position (there must be) because everyone at my school seems not to care at all about leaving.
hey i totally understand, ive spent so much time avoiding lessons and wanting to be older and now in a month everyone leaves and goes their separate ways, and there are people i wil never see again, even though i get on with them, just probably wouldnt see them out of school. its really really sad, i know how you feel. we have our leavers ball coming up and whilst being excited im also dreading it bcos itl the end...i am so excited about going to uni, but i love my friends so much and i know that we wont be together again after the summer. theres just no way it will happen...i know i will cry on the last day....
Reply 2
:hugs: I'm not so much emotional about leaving the school itself, but leaving all the people behind. The building itself is being torn down and rebuilt this summer anyway :rolleyes: , but the people I was with will never change. My best friends are going all the way to Scotland and Durham, whereas I'm going to be in Devon :frown: - I guess I'm just scared of losing touch with them, and also with all my friends in other year groups.

Don't worry, there's lots of people feeling like this! Just think positively - how wicked is freshers week etc going to be? :smile:
When I left Junior School and my Secondary School (after the Sixth From) I shed a few tears when I was back home.

I had to hold back the tears too at both schools I've been on teaching practice too on the last day I was to be there ?(I'd only been at one 2 weeks and the other 4 weeks, but both were very important places to me during those times).

So, I think sen as the school has been such an important place to you over these last 7 years and because you don't seem to have had a bad time there, you will feel some significant attachment to the place and feeling sad and wanting to cry as you see the time approaching for you finally leave this place is totally natural :smile:
I feel the same as other people in this thread. I wont miss college, just my friends and many of my teachers.
Take it from someone in their 1st year at uni!! :biggrin: .....

I feel sorry for u guys coz i know exactly how u feel. I felt it much more than a lot of ppl last year when i left. In a way its a good thing because it does make u realise that uv had a happy few years - some arent so lucky.

I absolutely LOVED my sixth form days, and id never felt so settled in my life (despite only being there for 2 years as opposed to most people who were there for 7!)

Its hard to think of how much things are going to change in the next few months, but hopefully it will open new doors for you. I still miss sixth form, but Uni is FANTASTIC, and there's barely a day that goes by when i dont get to speak to a lot of my friends back home, so all is not lost! And its also fabby when u get to go home during holidays and see them! (despite the vet course not allowing me personally to do this too often...) :rolleyes:

Everyone has to move on and find new opportunities/challenges, but it doesnt mean leaving everything else behind if u are willing to make the effort (as im sure u are!)

Enjoy the time u have left at school/college, good luck in whatever u move on to do!
I was the same as you. but trust me, there'll come a time in your life, when you'll look back at the place and think 'I'm SO glad I got out of there' and all you'll remember are the fun/good memories :smile:
Reply 7
Everytime I walk down the crap corridoors I sigh in relief all of it will nearly be over.

Tbh, I can't wait for the working world. To have my own freedom, own place, car etc.
Think how you'll feel in forty years.
I did kind of feel like that but then you realise, anyone you want to stay in contact with, you will, anyone else is just insignificant.

Your good friends wont just go away because you stop going to school together
I was dreading leaving secondary school- I had my niche there and I thought I was going to be lost in a sea of insignificance as soon as I went to uni... but you'll be fine! I'm still in touch with my friends and a couple of my teachers and everything is great :smile:
It's starting to dawn on me that I'll rarely, if ever, see some of the people I've had a good two years with... in my biology lesson today actually we were in a small room so were closer to each other physically, but we cracked jokes and had a great laugh, getting closer emotionally too. At the start of my biology course (in fact, the start of all of them) everyone sat apart, speaking to only their friends, but now we've grown close and we're a little group. Luckily one of the guys I've gotten quite close to over the past two years (even though I've known him for 9!) is going to the same uni as me, studying the same course, but it will be sad to see everyone go their separate ways... my prom is going to be so emotional!!!
Reply 12
my problem is the opposite - recently realising that when i leave uni i probably won't have much emotion at all - nor am i likely to miss it particularly :|
14 years ago your older than me lol
This thread is 15 years old- I was probably only a year old. Yet now I’m experiencing the exact same feelings..though you’re now in ur 30s. crazy how time flies
Gosh this thread nearly as old as me, my time is coming to move on from secondary school, I’ve not applied for anything ahead and I’m just so daunted and don’t know what to expect

Latest

Trending

Trending