The Student Room Group

Which university to choose??

Okay do I been accepted onto Computer science with games technology at City University and Game Cultures at London South Bank. I'm not sure which to go for, which university. Any help?
Reply 1
City by a mile.
Reply 2
City has a better reputation and that sounds like a more respectable course - if reputation is important to you anyway :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by Jackkkkk
City has a better reputation and that sounds like a more respectable course - if reputation is important to you anyway :smile:

Problem I have is that I have never done much of the stuff that computer science offers, for example not a lot of programming. My maths is not that great either.
game cultures on a cv doesn't sound as great as computer science
Reply 5
Original post by thelawstudent
game cultures on a cv doesn't sound as great as computer science

Problem I have is that I have never done much of the stuff that computer science offers, for example not a lot of programming. My maths is not that great either.
Reply 6
Original post by ShaunW500

Well obviously the university must think you're a suitable candidate or they wouldn't have accepted you, anyway isn't that the whole point of further education? To increase your knowledge i.e do further programming and to improve your skills i.e maths

If you're arguing back against people who are telling you to go to city though, than thats a pretty good clue that you want to do the other course. When you're faced with a difficult choice you should flip a coin, because the second before it lands you know what you're wishing it to land on :tongue:

tl;dr listen to your heart :rolleyes: and go where you want to go
City. It's a better uni and a better course.
Reply 8
City (rank 50) South Bank (rank 100) ! Think of the mini. spend of £8.5k x3 and decide if you still want to go South Bank:confused:
Reply 9
City is the way to go

Reply 10
Original post by ShaunW500

The programming issue will solve itself, as I would assume they would teach you the things you need to know from scratch. They won't automatically assume you can do half the stuff before you've even arrived.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending