The Student Room Group

How do you deal with drivers that drive up your backside?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Gradually slow down :L The more they tailgate, the slower I go :wink:

Then I use my amazing driving skills to leave them at lights, junction, corner etc... (safely, before anyone says)
well i am going to behind you if youre doing 25mph in a 30mph zone.., these people piss me off so much,
Ah I hate it when people do that.. I usually just push the pedal down further haha
Original post by Stryder402
well i am going to behind you if youre doing 25mph in a 30mph zone.., these people piss me off so much,

Why?
Reply 44
i just drive reeaaallllyyy slow hehehe. did it to some chavs who were driving up my backside cos my mates and i apparently 'looked at them the wrong way', of all things. they followed us all the way to macdonalds, was hilarious.

however they egged my car when i went inside maccyd's :frown: they won, gahhhH!
I wouldn't do nothing because it wouldn't bother me.

Why do you people let it bother you?
Flash your lights so it could be thought that the red lights on the back are brake lights...

Mostly I just carry on driving as normal and don't pay them any bother.
I slow down. Nothing like the satisfaction of knowing you're pissing them off even more.
Reply 48
if people start tailgating me, i pretend they're not there and carry on AT the speed limit, not over or under and definitely not stupidly braking on purpose just to piss them off and cause a rear-end. If they try to overtake me, be my guest and do it, but if they've been tailgating me too long or too closely then they may find overtaking me gets a whole lot harder...
Reply 49
I slow down. It usually works and they back off.

I ****ing hate tailgaters.
Drive so slow it's painful.
Reply 51
I just tap my brakes enough to make the light come in.

This right dickhead was up my arse the other night and I was probably going a little over the speed limit tbh because it was a dual carriageway (probably 72ish mph, not properly speeding) and the car came right up behind me and sat up my arse for ages to the point where their lights were blinding me despite having my anti-glare on and eventually the car overtook me (narrowly avoiding hitting me) and sped off at 80mph+ and it turned out to be a bloody cop car (and no he wasn't trying to pull me over and he wasn't responding to an emergency call as he turned into the police station about 2 minutes later). What a ****er - if I'd have done that I'd be pulled over and fined for speeding and dangerous driving.

There was another copper yesterday in front going 45mph in a 30 zone who drove in the middle of the road to avoid the speed camera. ****ing double standards much.
Reply 52
Original post by HFerguson
:laugh::laugh: trust you

Hahaha, Shush!
Original post by lilabs
'hey let's get up her arse!'
:perv:
Original post by jimcatinnes
Drive so slow it's painful.

Yep, this is exactly what i would do! :smile:
If they really annoy me then i would make sure to annoy them! :biggrin:
Original post by Dolly786
Drive slowly, put the music on full blast, laugh & sing. This will surely make any driver angry.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Only if it's Nicki Minaj's music :teehee:
Reply 56
Original post by Solid.Snake
:perv:

ahem.
Original post by lilabs
Hahaha, Shush!

well i wouldn't blame them :rolleyes: :colone:
Reply 58
I tap verrry lightly multiple times on the brake pedal. The flashing red lights normally give the signal that they're pissing me off. They react in one of two ways: they either back off; or they get angry, flash their lights and violently overtake me.

If the driver is both tailgating me AND flashing his/her lights to show his/her frustration, then I just slow down to about 10mph.
Original post by F Ellen
I slow down. It usually works and they back off.

I ****ing hate tailgaters.

Why?

Quick Reply

Latest