Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wish Dizzee Rascal would **** off

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dizzee Rascal > Tinie Tempah, Wretch 32, Chipmunk and all the other no-marks.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Subjectivity my friend

And like I said, he's a mercury award winner... You don't win that by being "****"

You're entitled to your opinion of course and I respect that, but he has a massive fanbase and that was even before he became "mainstream" so he does have talent.

I'm quite an avid grime fan, so I'm bound to appreciate his music (well his older material), I understand if you're not so therefore I would expect you to think his music is ****.

Subjectivity yeah.. but then you post this..

He?

Justin Bieber

He?

Really?

REALLY?
    Subjectivity my friend.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Subjectivity yeah.. but then you post this..

Subjectivity my friend.
    There's always an exception to the rule
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's always an exception to the rule
    Yeah and Dizzee Rascal is the exception
    • 17 followers

None of it matters anyway as he's not going to **** off
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't attacking you lol

You just said it as if what you said was fact and not your opinion, things can often be perceived wrong on the internet.

But yeah, a sensible post tbh, more music fans need to take this approach rather than just saying everything they listen to which doesn't fall into their tastes is ****
    Haha sorry. But yeah I agree, people should accept the fact that other people may like different music. I respect the guy for getting so many fans and what he has become, but personally I just really don't like his music.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of not surprised they chose dizee rascal. Remember this.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have a listen to lowkey and other rappers hes asociated with. Hes a breath of fresh air from the usuall crap.
    He raps about important stuff rather than cars and women.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SouthSide89)
    Have a listen to lowkey and other rappers hes asociated with. Hes a breath of fresh air from the usuall crap.
    That's subjective. Cars and women are important. How else will you get to work, and women are important, you misogynist.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lowkey doesn't do music anymore

And by raps about important stuff, you mean things you can relate to?

You can relate to the tracks below? Seems to me he's just dissing another artist.

You can relate to being selected in top 10 rappers on MTV Base

Please...
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Some people think I'm bonkers, but I just think I'm free, man I'm just living my life there's nothing crazy about me!!"

Ohmygod so meaningful.

And his other material is irrelevant because that's the song they keep playing! >.>
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Some people think I'm bonkers, but I just think I'm free, man I'm just living my life there's nothing crazy about me!!"

Ohmygod so meaningful.

And his other material is irrelevant because that's the song they keep playing! >.>
    I think you're a troll, but I'm gonna bite the bait anyway

Look, I can understand the fact you think Dizzee is ****, I would if I listened to his mainstream music. Bonkers, Dirtee Disco etc, it's all mainstream garbage packaged to sell to the masses. It's club music, therefore it's not meant to be meaningful, let's just get that out the way.

But can you honestly say that Justin Bieber has meaningful music? His music is packaged and marketed to the masses just like Dizzee's is.

Music is a business, no matter what these artists are telling you, 95% of them aren't making the music they want to make. I doubt Justin Bieber even enjoys making music tbh, he just does it because he has the correct image and happens to be a semi-decent singer. Which is clever, it's made him very rich.

If you like Justin Bieber then fairplay (discarding what I previously said in another post) go ahead and listen to his music. But it's very hypocritical to criticise artists for not being meaningful tbh.

I'm not asking you to agree with me BTW, I know you will disagree with me, I'm just stating an opinion in a public thread.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you're a troll, but I'm gonna bite the bait anyway

Look, I can understand the fact you think Dizzee is ****, I would if I listened to his mainstream music. Bonkers, Dirtee Disco etc, it's all mainstream garbage packaged to sell to the masses. It's club music, therefore it's not meant to be meaningful, let's just get that out the way.

But can you honestly say that Justin Bieber has meaningful music? His music is packaged and marketed to the masses just like Dizzee's is.

Music is a business, no matter what these artists are telling you, 95% of them aren't making the music they want to make. I doubt Justin Bieber even enjoys making music tbh, he just does it because he has the correct image and happens to be a semi-decent singer. Which is clever, it's made him very rich.

If you like Justin Bieber then fairplay (discarding what I previously said in another post) go ahead and listen to his music. But it's very hypocritical to criticise artists for not being meaningful tbh.

I'm not asking you to agree with me BTW, I know you will disagree with me, I'm just stating an opinion in a public thread.
    If you actually read the thread I'm complaining about how he's been branded and showcased to the world when I think others would benefit more, and give us a better name if so.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    whever people like it or not Hip-Hop/Rap/Grime is the biggest form of music in the world right now (Pop isn't really a genre it stands for Popular music so most of the stuff in the charts is Pop but "Urban Music" is definetley the biggest form of music in the world (along with Dance/Pop) and Dizzee Rascal is probably the biggest MC/Rapper from the UK (along with Tinie Tempah) sure he's no Kanye/Jay/Em but it's about UK music and lots of people like him and Bonkers is a good club song I take it all of you miserable ********s listen and pay attention to the to deep meaningful lyrics when you are in a club? nah thought not so get over it.

There will be plenty of music represented including rock/indie not to mention ****ing One Direction and the Spice Girls so why shouldn't Hip-Hop/Rap/Grime music be part of it just because of your lowkey racism.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    Oh so me disliking urban/ghetto culture makes me a ****wad does it? Whatever you say "bruv".
    You're so unbelievably ignorant
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    I think that Billy Bragg's rendition of The Internationale would be more appropriate... and good for balance, but hey-ho...
    Billy Bragg was brought up in East London just like Dizzee Rascal and I wished he'd been a part of the opening ceremony, perhaps instead of Frank Turner.

I'd like 'Mr Rascal' to be introduced by Jeremy Paxman, and someone to pull the plug on the Spice Girls if they are there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    I don't quite like his music, I'm more interested in what's between his legs. #tripod
    I'm negging you because that was inappropriate.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Ohmygod so meaningful.

Is the last sentence meant to be sarcastic?

Also, I can quote one song by an artist that isn't meaningful, even if they have a bunch of more meaningful songs too. Not saying Dizzee is the deepest artist even, but quoting one song and basing your whole argument on that is a terrible way of making an argument.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlduffy)
    Is the last sentence meant to be sarcastic?

Also, I can quote one song by an artist that isn't meaningful, even if they have a bunch of more meaningful songs too. Not saying Dizzee is the deepest artist even, but quoting one song and basing your whole argument on that is a terrible way of making an argument.
    Oh god are you retarded. The song which keeps being overplayed is Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers so if you think "Oh Dizzee Rascal is great because of this song" perhaps that's the song that should be played.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh god are you retarded. The song which keeps being overplayed is Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers so if you think "Oh Dizzee Rascal is great because of this song" perhaps that's the song that should be played.
    I'm sorry, but why should I continue talking about this subject when you don't even have the decency to show common courtesy to others? And I don't feel like you've actually understood what I was saying either.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.