Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sitting AS/A2's privately - any particular exam boards I should sit subjects with?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I plan on sitting AS/A2 Maths, Politics and Economics privately in January/June of 2013 with a view to apply to University in September 2013.

Before I left school I'd only just completed some of my GCSE's, however I did notice a considerable difference in the specifications between my maths exam board (AQA) and other exam boards (e.g. OCR).

AS/A2 Maths seems to be be pretty standardized, with 4 core units and 2 optionals under both edexcel and OCR (I assume the same with other exam boards too) - is this something that carries across most subjects (as aside from this - availability of resources, I can't really see any reason to pick one exam board over another)?

Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated !!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maths- defo Edexcel/OCR

Economics- Defo AQA

Politics- Edexcel
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kemebear)

Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated !!
    You will need to find a school or college willing to accept you as a private candidate for exams. You may find you are limited in your choice by what those schools offer their own candidates.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    AQA maths has nice textbooks.

our school also chose the easiest boards for each subject to bump up marks, so i'd be inclined to say AQA is the easiest board for maths at a'level
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel Maths is a good one. As for the others I can't say because I didn't take them sadly :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 9, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.