Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Double to single?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello all

I've just been accepted as a tenant in a new flat, which is all yay and happy

One issue is that it is a single bed I haven't slept in a single since my first year of uni five years ago.

Is it really going to annoy me? Is it as bad as I am now imagining? What is sex (and post-sex cuddles) like in a single?

Thanks all!

IQ x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Is it really going to annoy me? Is it as bad as I am now imagining? What is sex (and post-sex cuddles) like in a single?
    Sex is pretty much the same, I mean honestly to what extend did you use the whole of the double bed space when you had it?

Since there's a bit of a danger that if you don't cling on to your partner they're going to fall on the floor, the post sex cuddles are now mandatory.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends. If you're the kind of sleeper that rolls around a lot, you might have a problem. But if you just curl up \and stay there all night, you should get used to it pretty quickly.
    • 68 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whenever we go back to my parents house for the weekend we run into this issue. It's not the biggest in the world, but I don't think I could put up with it for too long other than a long weekend. So long as one of you doesn't unknowingly sprawl in your sleep and push the other person off/take up all the space, you'll be ok!

I could imagine it being a problem when particulalry warm, when you need a bit of air space.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Hello all

I've just been accepted as a tenant in a new flat, which is all yay and happy

One issue is that it is a single bed I haven't slept in a single since my first year of uni five years ago.

Thanks all!

IQ x
    Did you sign a joint tenancy agreement? Or did you sign another type of contract with one of the tenants?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancStudent098)
    Sex is pretty much the same, I mean honestly to what extend did you use the whole of the double bed space when you had it?
    If the answer to this question is less than 75% you were using it wrong
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    First world problems
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping on the floor, either directly, or go buy a double bed ah.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 23, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.