The Student Room Group

Questions about Uni

So hopefully i'll be going to University this October (Fingers crossed) and i had a couple questions which i was hoping that someone on here would be able to answer them :smile:.
I remember clicking the box that said that i will be staying at University but i haven't received any emails about it :s-smilie:. Is it because i haven't taken a student loan out for my accommodation?? :s-smilie:. How do i solve this??
I've read that some people on here got an email from UCAS saying that they've been accepted into Uni but i haven't :frown:. Should i be worried??
How likely is it that Kent will be in clearing??
Will my firm choice University still let me in if i'm 3 grades below (God forbid :eek:) the offer??
Will a year in placement help my chances of finding a job after University even if the University is a mid-table University??
Cheers for reading guys and gals and hopefully you'll be able to help me out :h:
Original post by bahjat93
I remember clicking the box that said that i will be staying at University but i haven't received any emails about it :s-smilie:. Is it because i haven't taken a student loan out for my accommodation?? :s-smilie:. How do i solve this??

I would guess it's because you haven't got in yet, so they haven't started sorting out accommodation because they don't know for sure who will need it. If in doubt, ask the uni.

I've read that some people on here got an email from UCAS saying that they've been accepted into Uni but i haven't :frown:. Should i be worried??

Nope, they did different qualifications for which results are released earlier.

How likely is it that Kent will be in clearing??

No idea. Even Kent won't know for sure at this stage what courses will be in Clearing and how many places they'll have as they don't have the A level results yet.

Will my firm choice University still let me in if i'm 3 grades below (God forbid :eek:) the offer??

Probably not but it isn't completely impossible.

Will a year in placement help my chances of finding a job after University even if the University is a mid-table University??

Relevant experience certainly isn't going to do you any harm :nah:
Reply 2
Original post by Potally_Tissed
x

Cheers dude, you've answered all my questions :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending