ReputationRep:
    Closed,

Thnx to all that replied.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    1 page.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Theres a 4 page thread on this exact topic....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePauper)
    Theres a 4 page thread on this exact topic....
    Where ?

fyi: My main question isn't about 1page/2page cv, it's how to answer those two questions.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I see you just edited your initial post.

Your qs

1.Why would these people want to take me on.
    2. Why would I want to join these guys.

For the 1st q you will have to explain why you will be better suited than others
    For the 2nd, as the question asks, you will have to say why YOU want to join them
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    These are speicific questions for YOU. If you cannot come up with a reason for each question, then what is the point really?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I see you just edited your initial post.

Your qs

1.Why would these people want to take me on.
    2. Why would I want to join these guys.

For the 1st q you will have to explain why you will be better suited than others
    For the 2nd, as the question asks, you will have to say why YOU want to join them

(Original post by Hackett)
    These are speicific questions for YOU. If you cannot come up with a reason for each question, then what is the point really?
    We are 18 year old kids with similar A level, similar Uni courses, the only difference between us on paper would be our hobbies and interests. How specific can I make this to my self ? Can I just some idea of the type of things I should be writing ? Should I make what I write related to the field for which I am interested or just write generic things about my self which anyone could write really ?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    write about what things you have done in your life that make you suited to the position you are applying for. also any material you have read which confirms your interest in the job. also any people you have spoken to.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    write about what things you have done in your life that make you suited to the position you are applying for. WE AREN'T APPLYING FOR A POSITION. also any material you have read which confirms your interest in the job. THERE IS NO JOB . also any people you have spoken to. COULD YOU SPECIFY THIS A BIT MORE, NOT SURE EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN.
    EDITED YOUR POST IN CAPS

THNX

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any other advice ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any more help ?

• 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Read around the companies website, do news searches for them, find old forum threads and pick interesting stories and books you may have/will read. From this information, you should be able to then say at least why the financial services industry and the company.

A good place to start would be by putting the companies name into google followed by Q2 2012 results. Look for the 'earnings call' and read the transcript. They'll go through profit and revenue etc and how the firm is adjusting their strategy to their wider surroundings.

Then the why you part. Well, why you? What have you done? What are your strengths? And how do they cross over into the work environment. E.g. School Rugby - Teamwork, training, commitment etc. Summer customer services job where you handled cash - responsibility, communication.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MV=PT)
    EDITED YOUR POST IN CAPS

THNX

a) If you are not applying for a position, then what are you applying for?

b) If there is no job, then why are you applying? (though maybe you can do so speculatively)

c) In your cover letter make reference to people who you have spoken to about the position you are interested in, or who work in that business area.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol
    Why are you laughing at him you're pretty much in exactly the same position as he is in terms of building a career within investment banking.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    Why are you laughing at him you're pretty much in exactly the same position as he is in terms of building a career within investment banking.
    Wow, quoted by TSRs number 1 troll.

LOL
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not a troll. I just find it ironic that you're laughing at the OP when your lack of knowledge, experience, and reiteration of tsr BS is more or less on par with the OP's.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not a troll. I just find it ironic that you're laughing at the OP when your lack of knowledge, experience, and reiteration of tsr BS is more or less on par with the OP's.
    LOL

Ps. I am not going to blow my trumpet... but I have enough experience... a whole year of it tnx
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're applying for summer internships, so you aren't even an analyst, in other words you're in the same positon as the OP.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...758&highlight=

LOL
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're applying for summer internships, so you aren't even an analyst, in other words you're in the same positon as the OP.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...758&highlight=

LOL
    :rolleyes:

A year long work placement window shopping for graduate positions before I accept my offer.... hush hush and go to sleep....

FOOL

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 10, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.