The Student Room Group

Metropolitan police graduate scheme 2012

Has anyone applied for the new met graduate scheme?

I have passed the eligability criteria, registered and done my first online assessment but haven't heard anything back and its been 24 hours since I did it - the deadline to complete all 3 assessments is Monday and I cannot proceed onto the next two until they let me know about the first.

Has anyone else been waiting this long since they did their logical and reasoning?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have applied for the sceme too, I completed the phone eligability test yesterday but I'm still waiting for the email with the link to the online assessments. I'm feeling concerned like you as they all need to be completed by the 13th and I havn't done any! How long did the first one take? Was it timed? Did you practise or preapre for it all?
Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. I hope it went well for you!

thanks x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi guys, I have also applied. I got the link to the first test pretty quickly. Its a pattern and symbol based logic test. Pretty tricky really. I found out straight away that I had passed and I was immediately allowed to do the verbal reasoning test. Its been 24 hours now since I did the verbal reasoning test though and my account page still says that they are calculating my result :s-smilie:. I'm not sure what is going on. Maybe give them a call if they still havn't updated you by tomorrow?

Both the tests are timed. You have a set amount of time for each question rather than a total time limit.
Reply 3
yeah i did ring but they just said that they were still processing my application.maybe they only get back to you quickly if you've passed. which would mean i failed :s-smilie:

It takes about 12 mins to do the logical reasoning but its hard!
Reply 4
that's annoying. Nah I would worry about it. If they could mark it instantly they would just let you know. Maybe they are waiting for more people to finish the tests so they can normalise the score and take the top 25% or something. Or technical issues. This is the first time they've run this programme so there is bound to be some teething problems!
Reply 5
thanks - that's reassuring. good luck with your application!
Reply 6
You're welcome! Glad I could help. Good luck to you also.
Reply 7
ok so I just did my online assessment.. It was very difficult..especially the verbal reasoning due to the time you have! I haven't been able to move onto the next test.

Thanks for the advise..will keep a look out for an update..hope its good news :s

All the best with yours!
Reply 8
I think the online test ( I have done the logical, verbal & numerical) were pretty tough, definitely not the standard tests - that I am used to...

Fingers Crossed!
Reply 9
Yeh I am in the same position, I did the logical reasoning test yesterday and haven't heard back. I'm not very hopeful, was a lot harder than I expected and doubt I cut the mustard. As previously stated I think that those who had decent but not great marks are in limbo land until a definitive pass mark is worked out.
Reply 10
Original post by ebam_uk
I think the online test ( I have done the logical, verbal & numerical) were pretty tough, definitely not the standard tests - that I am used to...

Fingers Crossed!

Did you pass each test straight away so that you were able to do them one after the other?

I still havn't received an email with the link to the online assessments :s-smilie: just can't understand how i'll be able to complete all three by monday if they take so long to process them.

Thanks for everyone's information though, it's really helpful.
Reply 11
I just called up their graduate office and I was told that they will get back to me today as they are still benchmarking the results of the verbal reasoning test and after they have done that..I will be told whether I can move on to do the numerical test.
Reply 12
My guess is that people are doing a lot worse than they expected and are consequently changing the pass mark because of the clear difficulty of the test. So those that immediately got passed on to the final test must have done well!

Those people that are still yet to receive the link, I think they will process it a lot quicker now they have had a chance to set benchmarks etc. So I reckon you'll be able to do them consecutively with very little down time. Still a lil unfair though.
Reply 13
Hello, I have just completed this test and it was really hard!! Not what I was expecting at all. Does anyone know the actual percent you need to pass??

Good luck to everyone doing it!
Reply 14
Original post by ebam_uk

Fingers Crossed!

I found it the same..very difficult in comparison to tests I have previously taken for some graduate schemes! But i have just checked and I can now take the numerical reasoning..

how is that like? is it mainly interpreting data? what was it like for you??
Reply 15
Original post by grad12
Did you pass each test straight away so that you were able to do them one after the other?

I still havn't received an email with the link to the online assessments :s-smilie: just can't understand how i'll be able to complete all three by monday if they take so long to process them.

Thanks for everyone's information though, it's really helpful.

Well, I think I might have passed the first two tests, it let me do each test one after the other, but I am sure they might extend the deadline in order that you can get a fair chance of completing the tests.

Original post by EABuenor
I found it the same..very difficult in comparison to tests I have previously taken for some graduate schemes! But i have just checked and I can now take the numerical reasoning..

how is that like? is it mainly interpreting data? what was it like for you??

I thought each test was pretty tough, especially because there were so many options and assumptions/ rounding stuff I needed to do even after I had got my answer... sometimes the timer just caught me out. Also I guessed a few.

Numerical test was calculations as well as interpreting data, I even made careless errors :s-smilie:

Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone taking the tests!
Reply 16
Hi all I have just finished my last exam and awaiting results. Very difficult, so many possible answers and not enough time. Any updates from anyone?
Reply 17
Hey all,

I did my tests this week - Found them to be quite a challenge.

Has anyone who's finished the numerical reasoning heard back yet or does your page simply say 'We've received your online test results and will be in touch with an update as soon as possible.' ?
How much will you guys be making if they take you? What will be your
salary in five years time?
Reply 19
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
How much will you guys be making if they take you? What will be your
salary in five years time?

I know it was around 29k+ starting salary & I think I read on the website it will be around 40k once training is finished but this could be like 1.5 - 3 years in the programme, depending on the stream... I guess from then its all dependant on the individual and their performance within the police...

Quick Reply

Latest