The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

How to Sync aston mail to Iphone?

Hi,

I spent like an hour trying to link aston mail to iphone, to no avail...I even tried to follow the instructions given on the aston website, I'm useless. I manage to set up my hotmail account though, HA, not THAT useless after all lol...Any step by step help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
You need to set it up using Exchange ActiveSync as the mailbox type - it should be a case of selecting that and using your login (which is the full email address and password). If the iPhone isn't capable of autosetup let me know and I'll see about trying to find the extra details you need.

Be aware that Windows Live Mail is NOT the same as your University Live@Edu account, they just use similar software.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
OK. Is there any sort of error message you're given when you try setting it up on your iPhone?
Does it ask for any other information, or do everything automatically?
Finally, is there an option to set up the Exchange ActiveSync manually?
Interesting - were you definitely looking at the students version? Staff and student emails are the opposite ways around - staff are initial first, student initial last, so it looks like you might have found the instructions for staff!

I presume the login you now use is your actual Aston email address, which doubles as your login?

Do you have a link to the page with the instructions?
Interesting - I guess you're postgrad then?

Is the email address you used to login the exact same as your actual address?
Original post by IlexAquifolium
No, it's the reverse, confusingly enough. In effect, the 'email' I had to use to set up on the iPhone doesn't actually exist. It's just my username with the Aston suffix.

Now I'm really confused! Glad it's working though...somehow... :confused:
Reply 6
Hi

Just follow this http://www1.aston.ac.uk/ict/staffguide/email/mobile/ios/
If anything goes wrong, just email: [email protected]
They'll be more than happy to help.

Quick Reply

Latest