The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4040
Original post by Nineteen80eight
We lost Cesc, Nasri and lost 3-2 Blackburn, 8-2 Manchester United.

Quite clearly different scenarios unless you're too thick to see that?

Oh wait..

Blackburn was after the deadline
The fans practically bullied Wenger into signing players last year.
The Times have a piece saying Walcott has rejected the latest contract. [behind a paywall]
Reply 4043
The fans practically bullied Wenger into signing players last year.

So you would rather have not bought anyone then ? and ended up out the champions league ?
Original post by alexsong
So you would rather have not bought anyone then ? and ended up out the champions league ?

Nah mate.

You're saying that every transfer window we have or have had is going to be the same as last year.

I was simply giving you an indication that last year was a rare occurance an outlier if you like, wouldn't base this years transfer window of last year infact I wouldn't base any of our future dealings on last years window.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kevmeister
The Times have a piece saying Walcott has rejected the latest contract. [behind a paywall]

If he doesn't sign, he doesn't sign. He won't be too great a loss tbh.

Meh, I'm not really bothered if he leaves.
A few weeks ago I thought this was the best transfer window in a long time and now we're in pretty much the same situation as last year:colonhash:.

Though I'm not as bothered about Theo like I was with RVP and Song:tongue:
Reply 4048
Nah mate.

You're saying that every transfer window we have or have had is going to be the same as last year.

I was simply giving you an indication that last year was a rare occurance an outlier if you like, wouldn't base this years transfer window of last year infact I wouldn't base any of our future dealings on last years window.

Your post wasnt a reply to me and I said nothing of the sort but oh well

I wouldnt base our future dealings on anything really there is no point trying to predict what might happen in the next few days
Original post by Mr Advice
If he doesn't sign, he doesn't sign. He won't be too great a loss tbh.

Original post by Abbadon27
Meh, I'm not really bothered if he leaves.

Fair enough, but surely the issue is timing? Will you replace him?
Reply 4050
Walcott is still just 23.

You cant afford to sell another established Arsenal player.

I wish this had happened last week - would happily take him at Chelsea. Any player that has the potential to give Barca a fright is good enough for me. But we've got Moses now, so that's out of the question.

Isn't it a little weird that while you guys are happy to get rid of him (and Song, and RVP), Liverpool and Manchester City are ready to snap him up?

Clearly has something to offer.

This is a player you've been training up for years too. Honestly have no idea what Arsenal are playing at...
(edited 11 years ago)

I'd be very surprised if Wenger didn't have an idea of who to replace him with if he leaves. May have to be a deadline day last minute signing but if Walcott leaves I'd expect Wenger would be able to get a replacement in time.
If Theo leaves and isn't replaced by someone as good, then the management has been appalling this summer. Should've got Theo to sign by July latest. Losing RVP, Song and Theo is as big a blow as Cesc, Nasri and Clichy. Ridiculous.
Seeing as there doesn't seem to be any progress in the transfer market it looks like we're set for another buzzing transfer deadline night, hopefully no panic buys

Yeah the one problem I have with the deal is the timing, but I don't mind him being sold as I personally feel he isn't even a starter anymore. I think we can get someone in, Afellay for example is on the market and he will probably be cheaper than Theo and on smaller wages and is a least a sidegrade.
Reply 4055
Theo was our 2nd top scorer last season so, statistically, it'll be worse than last season. I think it'll be our top-three goal contributors from last season having departed. If he goes, however, I hope Wenger gets as much as he can from City and snap up Jesus.

Main problem I really have with Walcott leaving is that he's a decent homegrown player, he's not consistent so I'm not too bothered about him leaving though. Not worth the £100k-a-week.
Original post by Abbadon27
Yeah the one problem I have with the deal is the timing, but I don't mind him being sold as I personally feel he isn't even a starter anymore. I think we can get someone in, Afellay for example is on the market and he will probably be cheaper than Theo and on smaller wages and is a least a sidegrade.

Theo is better than Afellay.

That's the problem. But I don't think he'll necessarily be leaving - probably just run down his contract and leave on a free next summer or a real cut price in January.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Birdman1234567
Seeing as there doesn't seem to be any progress in the transfer market it looks like we're set for another buzzing transfer deadline night, hopefully no panic buys

Wasn't Arteta a panic buy though? I don't recall us showing much interest in him before deadline day last year. To me that shows that if we do buy a player at the last minute Wenger must have a shortlist of players he has a chance of buying.
99.99% of Arsenal fans have been baying for Theo Walcott to be sold.

Brought here as the enigmatic replacement to none other than Theirry Henry's throne, the pacey wide man has proved nothing short of frustrating with an inability to create chances from a wide area the fans are still treated to the daily dose of headless running into areas of vacated nothingness.

A prodigy that could have been anything has given Arsenal fans a whirlwind of emotions from anger at his incompetence with the ball at his feet to forgiveness layered in thinly coated hope that he will be on the taste buds of many heart felt songs at the Emirates in the near future but we've all come to terms with his inherent ****ness occasionaly getting the odd erection in fits n spurts as he burst down the right hand side delivering a tantelizing cross to the far post but largely we live a life with Theo Walcott after the ejaculation, a regretful excitment filled with unadulterated silence and non existent pulse rate as he is who he is, he'll do what does best at and we couldn't really care if he comes or goes.

Latest